TrinityCore

Cloudflare issues - site not reachable

MrSmite

Lately I've been getting a lot of "Site unreachable" errors with a webpage that says there is no cached version and a button to "Click here to try for a live version". When I click the button, the forums load.

Is this a problem with Cloudflare, the forum software or maybe something in the route from me to the forums?

Strange, I get a 30ms delay to www.trinitycore.org in a tracert (actually to cf-173-245-61-131.cloudflare.com [173.245.61.131]) but it still takes over a minute for pages to load..

Cloudflare works as a reverse proxy to the actual server hosting TrinityCore.org (backend server), so you can ping the IP just fine, but when you try and load the page, Cloudflare tries to make a request to the backend server(s), which when is down or responsive can take a while before timing out and showing a "Site is Offline" page.

• 4 weeks later...

So I had this issue again but this time I got a notice at the top of the screen which actually contradicted the offline page:

1. I clicked on "Help and support" and got the "this website is offline" message

2. I reloaded the site and got a banner that said "This site uses Always Online so you can browse a cached version"

3. I clicked "Help and support" and got the "website is offline, there is no cached version"

So if you're being charged extra for the Always Online service it isn't working properly. Also, it seems that using NoScript also causes issues if you don't allow Cloudflare.com