TrinityCore

Warning: memcache_connect()...Connection refused

Got this strange error in a banner at the top of my browser today:

Warning: memcache_connect(): Can't connect to 127.0.0.1:11211, Connection refused (111) in /home/kingpin/web/tcorg/f/ips_kernel/classCacheMemcache.php on line 90

Browser: Firefox 16
Plugins: NoScript + AdBlock (disabled on TC)

yeah basically the memcached server keeps crashing, but theres more than one in the array (theres 2 VPS's + one local) so the site keeps working albeit with the error displayed. when I see it I restart it and that removes the error. hoping it gets updated and fixed soon.

yeah basically the memcached server keeps crashing, but theres more than one in the array (theres 2 VPS's + one local) so the site keeps working albeit with the error displayed. when I see it I restart it and that removes the error. hoping it gets updated and fixed soon.

It's working good now but FYI: I noticed that when the error is displayed it prevents me from editing my posts using Firefox (not sure about other browsers).

its running on debug but no error is being reported and I dont have time to GDB it for now :(

It's working good now but FYI: I noticed that when the error is displayed it prevents me from editing my posts using Firefox (not sure about other browsers).

Chrome too .

Warning: memcache_connect(): Can't connect to 127.0.0.1:11211, Connection refused (111) in /home/kingpin/web/tcorg/f/ips_kernel/classCacheMemcache.php on line 90
[/CODE]

ok I will see if I can work out a better failover or remove the local completely till its fixed.

• 1 month later...

+KingPin memcache is doing it again.

Warning: memcache_connect(): Can't connect to 199.195.253.220:11211, Operation now in progress (115) in /home/kingpin/web/tcorg/f/ips_kernel/classCacheMemcache.php on line 90

and

Warning: memcache_connect(): Can't connect to 199.195.253.220:11211, Connection timed out (110) in /home/kingpin/web/tcorg/f/ips_kernel/classCacheMemcache.php on line 90

edit:

also http://i.imgur.com/FbltC.png o.O all sorts of chaos

• 1 month later...
yeah sometimes earlier tonight that VPS died, waiting for hardware replacement. for the time being its been removed from rotation.

Just curious, but why use memcached? These forums don't have nearly enough hits to require distributing memory caches cross servers. Why not use APC instead?

Just curious, but why use memcached? These forums don't have nearly enough hits to require distributing memory caches cross servers. Why not use APC instead?

APC is in use actually, memcached was setup for a different site on the same machine, and since it was available it was added to IPB here for TC also. no other reason.