TrinityCore

[HowTo] Patch from 3.3.5.12340 to 4.3.4.15595 (UPDATED 2014-01-24)

MrSmite

Hope this doesn't vioalte forum rules. If you find it to complicated to get your client this way, PM me and I will let you on a little secret how to do it more mindlessly :)

Technically it shouldn't violate the rules because you can download the official client for free (albeit it's ahead of Trinity). What you pay for is the serial number which is irrelevant here.

• 2 months later...

i have the cata disk and then it finish to install, the launcher starts automatic 

run wow.exe an doesnt work display errors and makes *.lock files in data folder

finalize the patching an still 

please help me

I would recommend you move on to 6.x since the 434 branch did not receive much attention, it doesn't make sense to try to patch to this client.

I would recommend you move on to 6.x since the 434 branch did not receive much attention, it doesn't make sense to try to patch to this client.

Ummm.... can you even login and play 6.x? Seems silly to tell people to abandon a branch that works better than the one you are telling them to switch to.

• Upvote 1

Ummm.... can you even login and play 6.x? Seems silly to tell people to abandon a branch that works better than the one you are telling them to switch to.

Last I knew the 434 branch was nigh unplayable too with almost no content. My point was to stay on 335 until 6x is playable and then update to that, rather than muck around with trying to get a 434 client for a world that is largely incomplete.

Last I knew the 434 branch was nigh unplayable too with almost no content. My point was to stay on 335 until 6x is playable and then update to that, rather than muck around with trying to get a 434 client for a world that is largely incomplete.

You in a quite explicit manner told him to go to 6.x, but never mind. From what I know, the 434 branch is nowhere near the 335 level but is in no way "nigh unplayable."

You in a quite explicit manner told him to go to 6.x, but never mind. From what I know, the 434 branch is nowhere near the 335 level but is in no way "nigh unplayable."

Explicit manner? No.

The fact that the person posted in this thread implies they already have a 335 client. Since 434 received very little attention compared to 335, it makes little sense to move to that client. The suggestion to move to 6.x implies that you remain on the current working 335 branch until 6.x is playable rather than struggle to get a 434 client to connect to a 434 server that is mediocre at best.

As for "nigh unplayable", that is admittedly a subjective statement. When I look at the bugs related to 434 versus 335 I would consider it unplayable and recommend against it.