TrinityCore

New Custom Search

KingPin

cdvxyQB.png

as you might be able to see above there is a new custom search box on the forums, if you cant see it its because of your adblock, please consider removing our site from adblock as I promise we have no ads on the site, none, zero, zilch so you wont be bombarded by ads if you whitelist TC :). this search box is a combination box that parses all of the TC sites / sections and gives a singular search location for everything at once.

You get:

• the wiki
  • the forums
  • the sourcecode on github
  • the issues on github
  • pull requests on github
  • doxygen docs
  • irc logs from #trinity on rizon

you can refine your search to specific sections using tabs at top of the results :

xQmAit1.png

the results are labeled and show full URL.

YE3s6TW.png

search away and let me know how it goes for you :) it is being improved over time so there might be changes.

• Upvote 3

Peerblock isn't blocking it. My hosts file blocks a lot of stuff but nothing on this site.

Maybe Ghostery is blocking it....

Yeah Ghostery was blocking it. Had to disable blocking for Google Ajax Search on this site. :)

how did it work out for you? any issues? were the results satisfactory?

also thanx for the detective work :)

Oh shit this is awesome. A search for everything TrinityCore related is something I had in the back of my mind like half a year ago, thanks for this KingPin!

One suggestion though: keeping the search terms instead of having the search box go blank on every search. It's painful especially when you searched for a long sentence of criteria and made a typo without saving the criteria. :)

Oh shit this is awesome. A search for everything TrinityCore related is something I had in the back of my mind like half a year ago, thanks for this KingPin!

One suggestion though: keeping the search terms instead of having the search box go blank on every search. It's painful especially when you searched for a long sentence of criteria and made a typo without saving the criteria. :)

I have had this for a long while but no one knew of it so yeah... thought it was about time I made it public.

RE the saving of searched terms, I will look into it :)

• 3 months later...

^ Exactly

When I searched for |Paradox| (in an attempt to see results from irc) I got exactly the same results as Paradox...

Possibly because there are no words that include pipes so it omitted them out. Most search engines omit words of 3 or less letters anyways by default. Words like: to, and, or, IE booleans.

• 1 year later...