Jump to content
TrinityCore

SouthSideDown

Plebs
  • Content count

    1
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

-2 Poor

About SouthSideDown

  • Rank
    Newbie
  1. Ridiculous Issues

    So for the past 4 hours I've been following this guide https://trinitycore.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/tc/pages/2130077/Installation+Guide step by step. And every single step I run into an issue that hasn't been accounted for that I have to google to fix myself. For example, in step 3 of the Windows Requirements I was directed to install the MySQL Server Community Edition. At first this worked well until I run into the step "During MySQL Configuration, near the end of the installation process, create the user trinity with password trinity". Well no matter how many different ways I went through both the setup and the install wizard, there was never an option to create any profile. The closest I could find were either setting up my root password or just using an anonymous account, which did not allow me to change anything regarding the username or password of any "profile". So I simply skipped that step and found my own way around it to make it work. Second Issue. In Step 1 of the Windows Core Installation, I was told to make a directory in my C drive called Trinity. I right clicked on this folder and opened up GitExtensions to get the source files. Well it turns out by doing this, it created another subfolder. There is no option to make it not create the subfolder as I found out later down the line in the instructions (that didn't include that fact). Multiple times you are directed to use the Trinity file in your C drive to reference files various applications need to find. I had to Google around and manually go into this folder and change all the coming directories to point at this new subfolder instead of the one this guide told me to. Third Issue. Step #1 through #9 show how to use CMake to configure and generate the source files downloaded through GitExtensions. I follow every step word by word all the way through and double check. I click on configure and boom, full of errors. I did exactly what I was told to do and CMake couldn't for the life of it figure out where the libraries were from Boost. So of course I had to go in manually for like an hour of google searches to fix the problem. Turns out this flawless application can't find the folder full of 2 gigs of libraries to I had to move them all to the main folder with the exes and such, and then redirect CMake to look there for the libraries. Then comes another CMake issue. It doesn't recognize that I have OpenSSL installed and can't find it. Again, knowing very little about how this works I have to leave the guide and go on another half an hour of google searches to figure it out. At this point I can't even remember what I did to actually make it work. And oh boy I bet you weren't expecting another issue. I finally manage to get everything configured and generated, and I open my project from CMake into Visual Studio 15 2017 Win64 (which I was instructed to do by the guide). Well I follow every direction to the word, and after sitting there for 20 minutes building the files, it gives me 7 errors about more files the thing can't find. This entire guide is so convoluted and incorrect that I am more than over with trying to make this work because even after some more intensive Google searches into the error, I cant find any answers to my issue. I really don't feel like troubleshooting with myself for the next 3 hours constantly building the files over and over and failing seeing if what I did fixed the issue. Because apparently its very difficult to tell people what to click on and where to drag the files to make it work. gg
×