TrinityCore

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ghostdub
      Hello, everyone!
      I'm trying to understand how the Hotfixes database works, in particular the item_sparse_locales table. I couldn't find enough documentation to properly understand how it all works.
      As far as I understand it, this table is a good way of altering a certain item's name/description without updating the db2 files in the client.
      What I don't understand is some of its fields and how to fill them to get it to work:
      • Locale: I know it's supposed to be filled with 4 chars but I'm not quite sure what the format should be or if it's case sensitive: enUS, enus, ENus or ENUS?
      • Name2_lang, name3_lang, Name4_lang: Why are there 3 "name" fields aside from the numberless one? What's their purpose?
      • VerifiedBuild: What value should I insert here? Any positive value works?
      There's also the matter of the hotfix_data table (this is all the documentation I could find about it: https://trinitycore.atlassian.net/wiki/display/tc/hotfix_data ), I couldn't quite figure out how to get it to work with the item_sparse_locale table or even if it's necessary. There're some entries in the regular item_sparse table that don't seem to be reflected in the hotfix_data but they're still picked up by the client regardless.
      Thanks in advance,
      Dub.
      EDIT: I'm also looking for the function in the Core that handles sending item names/descriptions to the client, if the previous stuff doesn't work out! I'm trying to get certain items to load their names and descriptions from a MySQL table (custom or already available).