TrinityCore

Start as Devoloper

AMDIvailo

Hello, i want to ask what is the best way to start developing TrinityCore scripts.

Please tell me how you started developing and what do you recommend to me.

Maybe some kind of tutorial?

Please don't redirect me to the EmuDev's outdated videos.

I have a bit of c++ and mysql knowledge but i don't understand

anything of the TC scripting at all.

I hope you can help me :)!

Hello and welcome to TrinityCore.

A lot of scripts are handled by SmartAI (simpler ones), so you have just to work on database to introduce new "smart" scripts. 

You can find all documentation here: http://collab.kpsn.org/display/tc/smart_scripts

Also you can use SmartAI Editor tools like Keira2 (web application) or Discover-'s SAI Editor (windows application) that help you a lot and automatically generate the SQL code for you.

The more complicated AI are handled with C++, unfortunately there is no tutoial for them but you can find a lot of examples here:

https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/tree/6.x/src/server/scripts

also do not forget to read our C++ Development Standards.

I hope it helps

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TurtleMaster
      Hi TrinityCore community
      I am a computer scientist (just got my degree) and I want to learn a bit about Warcraft programming for fun.
      I got the 3.5.5 core as a VS project, I can build and run the worldserver, and I can successfully start the game from there. I was hoping someone here could give me some tips/guidance as to how I should go about learning to program the core and how to contribute most effectively to the community. My biggest concern is the workflow between editing, building, and running. It seems like it would be a very slow process to rebuild the core every time you need to jump into the game to check something. 
      Any thoughts?
    • By 123456
      When It is going to be released 335.62? I want to update my core but I dont know if update my server in current commits or it will be a 335.62 in short time.

Sorry my bad english. 
    • By prestonparsons1994
      Hello

Would anyone explain or give me example what does this PlayerStart.String mean?

#
      #     PlayerStart.String
      #        Description: String to be displayed at first login of newly created characters.
      #         Default:    "" - (Disabled)
      PlayerStart.String = ""

thank you