TrinityCore

Compile Connection Patcher Alone

Souldoubt

I just built out a working (so far as I know) 6.x server using the posted documentation.  Please allow me to thank you all for the work that has been done.

While there are a number of confusing/misordered items in the documentation, I was able to work out most of the details on my own.

I have hit a brick wall with the connection patcher.  I followed the several lines of instructions in the documentation on the topic but the patcher fails when run from my linux server on the Wow-64.exe file in my client directory on my client computer (shared and mounted on my trinity server via CIFS).

I did discover from a number of searches that you must run the patcher in the same/similar OS environment as the client files.  I am happy to do that but I am hoping that I do not have to pull and compile the entire TrinityCore project on my windows machine to simply compile and run the patch for the client.

Can anyone tell me which steps/programs are needed to compile JUST the patch?

Thanks again.

Souldoubt

Git Extensions is not a requirement, you only need Git (I honestly don't know why the wiki uses Git Ext.)

Side note: we need to fix the dependency mess, needing MySQL just to compile tools is quite.. stupid.

Got it working.

Just for yucks I compiled the entirety of TC on an old laptop (including tools) and ran my connection patcher.  Took a few tries to understand how the patcher has to function.  In the end I had to run the patcher locally on the machines running the client after also registering a missing DLL (libeay32.dll).  Works fine after that.

I agree that the tools compile should not be quite so needy for dependencies but that is just my personal pain threshold.  It would have been a perfect setup if the patcher could run properly from linux but I understand that library access is the problem.  My setup is:

TC compiled and running on a virtualized debian guest.

Client computers running on Windows 7 64bit

Again thanks for all the work!

Now I just need to figure out why none of the npcs or monsters are moving.  Time to figure out how the waypoints went funny.

SD