I was just dealing with this myself.
1) I reviewed the forums and found that the I had copied the Wow.exe and Wow-64.exe to linux, run the connection_patcher, ignoring the missing issues. End result, couldn't connect.
so... I created a Windows share with my copy of Wow and all its files... (sometimes I want to play real Wow). I mounted that windows share to a mount point in linux.
I changed directory to the mount point so that Wow.exe was in my current working directory.
I then ran the connection_patcher from deep in the build directory that I used to build the Linux version of the server.
this is the command I used:
I'm now currently in my server. The bold part should be the same on your system.