TrinityCore

Setting up second Realm

Kera Troy

Good evening

I have 1 PVE realm up and running since few months, now i'd like to start a second PVP realm, based on the existing mysql server.
Following the setup guide, i run the following steps on the second box:

• created an unprivileged account (linux talking, sorry)
  • "scp"ed/rsynced the whole server folder from working box.
  • fixed file/directory ownership and permission
  • created in mysql auth.realmlist table a second entry with different name, flag (2 for pvp), external ip (the second machine) and noted the assigned ID
  • modified ~/server/etc/authserver.conf
  1. mysql connection string from localhost to real ip of working server
  2. dbupdate settings disabled (all db operations are performed on first server)
  • modified ~/server/etc/worldserver.conf
  1. mysql connection string localhost to real ip of working server
  2. dbupdate settings disabled (all db operations are performed on first server)
  3. modified the realmID with the one from the database (2 actually)
  4. modified realm settings required for pvp and xp boost
  5. disabled AH Bot
  • fixed mysql access for trinity database user from second server
  • fixed iptables opening 3724 and 8085 ports
  • ignored bin/authserver since logons are done against first server and run /bin/worldserver

Everything seems to start correctly, when i login on the client i swap realm and select the second one, though it keep presenting me chatacter from 1st realm.

What i forgot?

Edited by Kera Troy

On 11/22/2019 at 8:28 PM, Shauren said:

It sounds like you connect both worldservers into the same character database, you need to separate them and share only auth (and world if you dont want to customize anything for only one realm)

Oh thanks for the reply, just checked, and yeah, i was working on the website (armory like) today and i noticed there is no relation between character table and realm, not even passing by a double relation with the account, I assumed I had to separate them, and, it also made sense the triple connection info in the world server.com for each table :) thanks for the enlightenment.