TrinityCore

Fresh setup - Help required

Knindza

Greetings,

After few years of using Trinity on my home PC, i decided to get dedicated machine based on Linux. (Suggested version of Debian)

I'm total newbie on Linux, and i keep failing to download client and to setup mysql.

Used official TrinityCore setup guide.

apt-get install git cmake make gcc g++ libmysqlclient-dev libssl-dev libbz2-dev libreadline-dev libncurses-dev libboost-all-dev mysql-server p7zip

sudo adduser knindza
sudo su - knindza
cd ~/
git clone -b 3.3.5 git://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore.git
cd TrinityCore
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ../ -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/knindza/server
make
make install
cd ~/TrinityCore/
git pull origin 3.3.5

0 errors everything is ok so far - Trying to setup MySql databases with following (Changed info in config files to match user root and my password - instead of trinity/trinity

mysql -u root -p
mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'root'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'my_password';
mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

cd
mysql -u root -p
mysql> CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS auth;
mysql> CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS characters;
mysql> CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS world;

cd ~/TrinityCore/sql/base
mysql -u root -p auth < auth_database.sql
mysql -u root -p characters < characters_database.sql

Now, since it's my first time to use Linux, i have no idea how to download client for maps and etc.

Also, when i try to connect to server via HeidiSql - Server not found.

Do i need to grant privileges on user i created while compiling which will require to change info into configs as well?

Any help about what commands to use for download and link if possible would help a lot.

Regards, Knindza.

You need to re-read the wiki and follow step by step. If you want to build maps, vmaps etc. then you need to build with -DTOOLS=1.

You don't need to git pull again as you've already cloned the latest repo. You've skipped to keeping the the build up to date.

You need to put the database SQL into the server folder where the worldserver binary is, and start the server .. It will auto populate the database.

Don't know what you are doing with Heidi,are you running that via wine on the Linux PC or from a different machine? Assuming its a different machine since you've granted privileges to *.* If you are connecting from a different machine, you need to change the bind address in my.cnf to 0.0.0.0 instead of the local host address. You'll need to restart mysql after that.

Hey,

It's not problem to move dbc, maps and or etc - I have no idea how to download client with wget from torrent (error magnet link not found) cause i'm unable to find any other.

Creating DB and importing SQL is not prob, i found info for that - When i try to connect from my home pc to Linux one (Remote) there's error "Server not found on IP"

Will check my.cnf today once i come home from job.

PS. Can i use dbc, maps, mmaps and vmaps which i have already? I think someone told me they are different cause i 'made' them on Windows and on Linux they might fail?

Regards, Knindza.

That's good to know. Gonna upload dbc and all maps via WinScp.

Still, problem remain with MySql - I have no idea what to do.

Checked if there are dbs, auth, world and characters -Everything is ok. Changed bind IP to 0.0.0.0 but still not able to connect via Heidi.

mysqle.png