TrinityCore

Trinity Core 3.3.5a - Salt and Verifier fields & Website

Viconianope97

Heya. First of all, I know that the database installation guide recommended creating the accounts using the "account create" command. However, I would like to know how to generate accounts through a web page (made from myself, i know there's a helpful web to do this easier: https://github.com/TrinityCore/WoWSimpleRegistration ). Anyway, i tried to do that option too, but it fails. I'll post the error after explaining the priority purpose problem (own website)

I have been investigating and I have seen that the fields "salt" and "verifier" do not appear in the structure of the table "account" that is shown as an example in this web: https://trinitycore.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/tc/pages/2130004/account

But i know that's an encryptation method to keep accounts safe. Anyway, i did the code (on PHP) with username and password fields. I pretend to build myself the salt and verifier fields  (using this web that i think it was from your hand: https://www.gitmemory.com/issue/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/25157/675865944).

First problem: verifier and salt fields are encrypted with "unreadable" characters, so i got a SQL Syntax Error when i try to Insert into the DB. -> Registering problem. How can i "translate it" without breaking the purpose of encryptation?

Second problem: Login problem -> How can i make the code "compare" successfully the database's verifier field with the plain text password which users will write? 

I think if i had the c++ code file i'll have a chance to understand how it's encrypted and how it's compared (the solution code made with the CMake). I suppose that verifier & salt fields are read with C++ and compared with wow.exe wrote password.

So... i would like to know what must i do, or where can i find the c++ code to understand which process is made to compare both passwords... I'm a bit lost with this, sincerelly.

If it's very hard to "fix", then i'll try with the SimpleWowRegistration, but... as i said before, it fails.

Basically it doesn't stores the data wrote at the website while registering.

Thanks for the attention and sorry if my english is as good as my programming skills.

Edited by Viconianope97

• Viconianope97 changed the title to Trinity Core 3.3.5a - Salt and Verifier fields & Website
  • 1 year later...

Could you possibly post the solution here? I'm trying to figure out how to do the same thing but information is very lacking.

It should be simple enough to code a bit of PHP or a MySQL stored procedure to handle this process then post it so we get some idea how this is even supposed to work with the salt and verifier. 

Currently, instructions say to manually run ./wowserver and use the account create command. That's not really feasible when the server is already running with users on it. Wouldn't it be beneficial to create a standalone executable that can be called in a PHP ( or other language ) shell, passed the username and password and it will go ahead and create the account, without interrupting the running wowserver?

Or, can wowserver be called from the command line with params to just create an account, without interrupting the current process?

I'm not finding details on a way to simply hook up a PHP form to account creation.

Edited by Tarash