TrinityCore

World of Warcraft: Legion

Frondor

2 hours ago, m_pan said:

1) The thread I was referring to was not linked. I didn't link it because it's really not that big of an issue to me and I *do* understand why he closed it, but I also understand why I created it. It was in regards to broken quests and I really don't expect anyone to 'side' with me on that one. For me if something goes on the bug tracker it like saying 'Hey... somebody should fix these broken quests I found' when my intent was going to be as more of a project log so I would be able to reference the quest particulars when asking for help learning to fix quests myself. Ultimately, if it went well, I was hoping it could eventually be turned into reference material for fixing similar quests. Almost like ?Discover? was doing when he was working on the Brewfest quests.

2) This has nothing to do with the issue at hand. If you are in-game and do a look-up for the string 'chapel' you get back 4-6 results (chapel doors, other stuff with 'chapel' in the name. Except one that is simply [Chapel] - 19001 but if you spawn it in-game it's actually Skybreaker. Fact of the matter is that I was wanting to spawn a 'Redridge Chapel' which is NOT in TDB *at all* I know that it's not in TDB because I searched the database directly for any instances of the ModelID. To be able to spawn the Redridge Chapel I had to create the record myself in my local copy of the database. Thought I had already explained this pretty clearly. ONCE AGAIN- REDRIDGE CHAPEL DOES NOT EXIST IN TDB, there is no record using that ModelID, and SKYBREAKER is mislabeled as CHAPEL.

http://postimg.org/image/4jjuhff43/

Take a look at that image and you *SHOULD* see what I'm talking about. gobj 1000 is my custom addition and 19001 is the default TDB. My addition (1000 - Redridge Chapel) is on top of the hill at ground level. TDB's 19001 - Chapel is the ship floating in the sky above the Redridge Chapel. 19001 IS NOT A CHAPEL. 19001 is SKYBREAKER. (And with that I am out of ways to rephrase this and I've repeated myself at least half a dozen times. If you still don't get what I'm saying... hop in game and type .gobj add temp 19001 and tell me that what spawns around you is any sort of Chapel.

SIGH....First off, if your going to point out an example and make a link, PLEASE link the appropriate thread. ALL of my response was because of that link.

secondly if you are going to rant about something please post it in the appropriate place. i understand that you want to help with things. posting a bug report is helping. if you REALLY want to fix it your self, check out how the database tables are written for the gameobject_template(google is your friend), figure out what exactly is wrong with the entry and post the fix in the issue tracker.

as for your final post, Trinity Core decided to try to keep the forums under control by the best means possible, which means that UNLESS your post/thread has something to do with the topic at hand, or has yet to be solved it WILL be closed/deleted ASAP. there have been SO many trolls and flamers here that(i believe) this was the general consensus on how to keep people from attacking each other here in the forums. also as far as i know the only place where these rules are relaxed(even a little bit) is here in the off-topic forum. every where else the "Rules" are Strictly followed.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, alysher said:

1) SIGH....First off, if your going to point out an example and make a link, PLEASE link the appropriate thread. ALL of my response was because of that link.

2) secondly if you are going to rant about something please post it in the appropriate place. i understand that you want to help with things. posting a bug report is helping. if you REALLY want to fix it your self, check out how the database tables are written for the gameobject_template(google is your friend), figure out what exactly is wrong with the entry and post the fix in the issue tracker.

3) as for your final post, Trinity Core decided to try to keep the forums under control by the best means possible, which means that UNLESS your post/thread has something to do with the topic at hand, or has yet to be solved it WILL be closed/deleted ASAP. there have been SO many trolls and flamers here that(i believe) this was the general consensus on how to keep people from attacking each other here in the forums. also as far as i know the only place where these rules are relaxed(even a little bit) is here in the off-topic forum. every where else the "Rules" are Strictly followed.

1) ::WISTFUL SIGH:: As I said. That particular thread was of a low priority. I linked all the relevant threads that were necessary. I didn't feel the need to press that particular issue, so I didn't link it. I can't help that you were in a rush and responded without fully comprehending what you were responding to.

2) The RedridgeChapel\Skybreaker issue was of such low priority that I didn't feel the immediate need to address it. I already figured out HOW to add Redridge Chapel and didn't need to post it to the tracker because I didn't need somebody else to fix it. Your suggestion of consulting the gameobject_template is unnecessary because all I needed to do for that particular issue is figure out what gobjID would have been proper, rename the existing 19001 to Skybreaker and file a pull request against the repo. The only reason I hadn't done so yet is because I am in the middle of a move and haven't set my server back up yet. I had every intention of filing said pull request once I had the time to set my stuff up again. The fixes that I was concerned with were more complicated and required learning SmartAI which is a far more involved process. I didn't post THAT to the tracker yet because I didn't want someone to swoop in and fix it invalidating the need for me to learn to fix anything.

3) And the policy of locking every 'Solved' thread is flawed. All that does is cause there to be multiple threads for the same or similar issues which makes the cop-out of 'use the search bar' a pain in the ass because users end up with multiple pages of results to wade through and incomplete searches because a thread might deal with an issue but not use a particular term that the user based their search around. The Help and Support thread has *8* pages of threads that have not been locked due to being 'solved' or being addressed at all. For the purposes of collecting information about broken quests and the information related to those quests the thread in question could have been very useful. As I've stated previously- it was meant to be a work in progress... I had only written the initial post and added 2 quests thus far and another user had already taken the time to link the YouTube video that I couldn't find which confirmed the collaborative intent I had when I started the thread.

Rules are fine and rules are great and all, but sometimes the greater good *can* be served by not following said rules to the letter. The simple fact that I clearly addressed the intent and the purpose in the OP should have served as an indicator that this may have been one of those times.

If you really want a link then here you go... https://community.trinitycore.org/topic/12114-list-of-quests-that-need-attention-335/ special note: the 'PS' at the end of the OP.

And now my re: Legion thread has been merged into the original Legion thread making it a convoluted mess. The 're' thread had nothing to do with Legion proper and was only relevant to the original topic in that it was critical of the handling of the original thread. The better solution in this instance would have been to wait until activity in the 're' thread died out, lock it (or not) and file it someplace to get lost in, not merging it in to the original thread where it was not relevant to the actual topic proper.

On 11/20/2015, 8:15:39, Maxxgold said:

@Zedron You joined the project in March. How nice. I clearly know more about how things run here than you do. I clearly made a point that other people feel the same way about. This project isn't going anywhere and it's time someone called out Trinity Core. Acting like they are going to do anything but ditch 6.x.x and move to 7.x.x when they have the chance is just a lie. If you're hear to learn that's great but don't act like you know anything if you have only been around since March. People that come in here deserve to know that 6.x.x is never going to be finished. They need to know that they are wasting their time if they think they are working on a project that will ever be finished. You can't keep going to 6 and 7 and 8 if you don't finish 4 and 5. It's pretty simple to figure out. If the Trinity Core team had a ball-sack they would go back and finish 4.3.4!

Just because I joined TC in march doesn't mean I never worked on TC or paid attention to TC before march, however you're so blinded by ignorance that you fail to think of anything other than how to disrespect the project and anyone who opposes you.

You assume that "ditching 6.x" is a step backwards if that were to happen, it's not. almost all of the work done to 6.x will be compatible with 7.x, with some obvious updating necessary. Especially because the front end of 6.x hasn't been started.

You also assume that there is a clear "finish" to a project, you're still studying CS and probably haven't had any real world experience in the field so I can't blame you for thinking so naively. Large projects are never really finished. There's always something to be done. @m_pan gave a great example of this with 3.3.5. A project being "finished" is entirely relative to the person saying it.

On 11/20/2015, 8:15:39, Maxxgold said:

Your'e working on 6.x.x but you still waste time with 3.3.5 because it's the only thing you have to show and deep down each and everyone of you knows 3.3.5 is the only version that will ever be playable. If you think I'm wrong then stop working on 3.3.5 and actually do something. I've been here long enough to see how things work here. 

Wrong. People are working on 3.3.5 still because they like 3.3.5. What's wrong with that? While I agree progress would be faster if people switched to 6.x, at the end of the day they will work on what they want to work on.

EDIT: Anyway if you're wanting TC to "finish" expansions before moving on to the next that simply isn't possible. TC can't possibly hope to match everything the entire blizz team does in the time between expansions, which would cause TC to get further and further behind blizz. which is exactly what happened with 3.3.5, and now there's a void where there is an immense amount of stuff missing.

Edited by Zedron
  • Upvote 1

I didn't create this topic to bitch about developers.

11 hours ago, Maxxgold said:

I have a wonderful 3.3.5 core that works perfectly with all dungeons and raids. When I get farther along in my classes I'm just going to work with what I have or I'll stop in and check out another project where the people are friendlier and willing to work with and help out people without being condescending, rude, and just plain nasty. 

You sound pretty much like this Maxxgold http://www.code-genesis.com/forum/m/18191747/viewthread/24181839-world-warcraft-private-server
The ""owner"" of this private server http://68.10.101.59:8080/

So basically you are bitching on TC development team just because your private server doesn't performs like you want? Man, that's so hypocritical.

TC is going to work on Legion eventually. If Its development results are successful, it will most likely depend on how many good developers does the project attracts.
We can't speculate the project success in base of previous branches. Just because 4.4.3 and 6.x.x wasn't as good as 3.3.5 doesn't mean Legion branch can't be better.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Frondor said:

You sound pretty much like this Maxxgold http://www.code-genesis.com/forum/m/18191747/viewthread/24181839-world-warcraft-private-server

So basically you are bitching on TC development team just because your private server doesn't performs like you want? Man, that's so hypocritical.

lol'd

On 23/11/2015 19:52:21, Zedron said:
On 23/11/2015 1:24:27, Frondor said:

lol'd

He deleted the forum thread!!!!!!! hahahahahahah so pathetic.

• 2 weeks later...