TrinityCore

Can someone explain SunwellCore?

baric

I am coming back to TC after working on some other projects the last couple of years and getting caught up on everything I've missed.

However, yesterday I stumbled across a reddit post about "SunwellCore" being released publicly. All I could gather was that it is was fork of TC that had a lot of additional enhancements made to it. I think it's great that perhaps these improvements can be folded back into the TC trunk.

Can anyone share info about what kind of changes were in the SunwellCore and if TC is benefitting from the public release of its code?

• 1 month later...

Hello

A small presentation:

I’m Yehonal an old dev of wowemu ( by WAD )  and original MaNGOS.

Founder of Mangos Zero and dev of TrinityZero.

Introduction:

Recently i’ve proposed to trinitycore a new structure that allows to separate core functionalities using a modular architecture. This structure allows you to use this project as a real MMO framework. In few words you can choose to:

• Download only the framework and develop your MMO application

• Download the platform, based on framework above, to implement an application that supports wow client, or just download the entire server application.

• Download other modules that extend application above (  For example: AHBot, Duel Reset and other custom things )

This kind of approach allows to enlarge the project audience and possibilities.

Unfortunately it hasn’t been accepted

The Project:

http://www.azerothcore.org

I’m here to present you a new Project , called AzerothCore. It’s based on Sunwell Core and of-course TrinityCore and Mangos , but completely restructured to allow:

1. Modules creation: as said , you’re currently able to create/install modules that extends core functionalities without touch any line of core code.
    So you can have installable extensions that don’t require patches, such as: Duel Reset, Transmog etc.
    You can also easily publish yours that can be pinned by our staff and included in our official extensions list.
    More info: here

2. Doing Versioning right:
    We have various stable and supported versions. Instead master branch is always in development.
    We have an API that will only change between major revisions and you don’t have to take care about compatibility updating your minor versions
    More info: here

3. Create something that just work:
    We’ve based our project on Sunwell Core because they fixed 90% of game contents. Yes, they made a lot of hack fix, but we’re working on code enhancement.
    However we’re not hack-aware and we won’t be: if we’ve to release a major revision, it must work at least as the previous one and must be stable. So we can accept patches with hack fix and fix in a cleaner way in master branch instead.

1. Fully Open-Source and Free Tools
    We’ve based our infastructure on github and all its service to guarantee you open and reliable services.
    We’re also working on a webserver that will contain a demo of all our supported applications. Such as Shin’s tools and a limited game server for demo/testing purpose only.

What do you think about this?

Help us to develop this great project!

Edited by Yehonal
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6