TrinityCore

Missing Classes/Methods/DEFINES/etc. Need explanation.

Wark

I'd just like to get a little insight to why so much of the current Trinitycore code doesn't match up to a few years ago.

Now I know I'm not a pro at coding on Trinitycore and I understand that the core is open sourced but these just seem so significant and doesn't seem right to remove this stuff.

Let me give an example. Lets say I'm watching this tutorial to get a little information about classes and methods that I can use when making a script. (I've also been using the Trinitycore Code Documentation as reference as well but it also seems to show the same issues)

Although the tutorial is a little out of date, I don't see why OnGossipSelect doesn't exist anywhere in CreatureScript and that when I try to link the script to the core code it spits out this error.

object of abstract class type "GossipTeleporter" is not allowed:

pure virtual function "CreatureScript::GetAI" has no overrider

The DEFINES of "ADD_GOSSIP_ITEM" and many more don't exist either.

Am I missing something? All I want to know is if the core is mean't to be this way and if not should I download an older version of the core before I put to much working into my current core.

(I downloaded my core right from the Trinitycore website tutorial)

I'm currently trying to write a simple gossipteleporter that will let you talk to an npc and teleport to the given location. It's very hard to do this when so many things just don't exist within my core.

EXTRA: I pasted this into a new custom script just to see if I would get errors and I got a lot of different errors: http://pastebin.com/raw/G62e0t49

This was obtained from here: http://www.ac-web.org/forums/showthread.php?129885-Request-Teleporter-NPC-for-TrinityCore

By no means am I looking to copy the code from the two links above, I was using them as a test to see if my core accepted them.

Thanks,

Wark

Due to .. relatively new changes .. majority of guides and scripts are now outdated.
This happens every now and then since the TC scripting "API" changes to better meet the needs of scripts in the core and sometimes external code.
Also currently TC master and 3.3.5 branches have different gossip scripting APIs.

While guides and old scripts may be a good way to learn things, they always eventually get outdated if no one maintains them.
I think that the most uptodate "documentation" is the code in the core itself. So looking at existing gossip scripts you know what to do.
Here is an example of a gossip script:
https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/blob/f6b6f57a6da909426e3171d09f989c554f20b43d/src/server/scripts/EasternKingdoms/BlackrockMountain/BlackrockDepths/boss_tomb_of_seven.cpp#L53-L108

• Upvote 1