TrinityCore
Lenny4

Block connection for some players

I'm currently developping a web site to allow user to create an account and play in the game. For that I'm using soap connection, this way I can execute gm command from my website. (like bnetaccount create ...)

I was wondering, if one day I have a lot of players and I need to limit the amount of players who can be connect in the game at the same time.

But I want to choose (I will not choose my self I will create a php script for that) wich one can connect or not.

So my questions are:

- is there a way to know when a user try to connect in game, I mean a request is send to my website (or another way)? how?
                 - if yes can I avoid the connection to the game? how?

- is there a way to disconnect a user in the game using soap command (or another way)? how? Because here https://trinitycore.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/tc/pages/2130065/GM+Commands I can't find a command to disconnect a player

Thank you for your help.

Edited by Lenny4

Thank you for that Shauren, didn't notice this function exist.

For those who are interest on how to select wich player can connect when the server is full here is my solution, ps: you need to have a website where you can execute gm command using soap connection:

Let's say you want to limit the amount of player to 100

- server info to get the number of player
- if there is >=90 players connected -> server plimit -1 -> this will only allow moderators and higer to log in
- so you need to set the gm level of all the account you want to allow the connection with this command -> account set gmlevel

- the problem is, you might not want these players to execute gm command (even level 1 gm command)
- one way to solve this problem would be to change the permission in world.command (wich mean that a moderator cannot execute gm command because the minimum level to execute a gm command would be gm minimum)

image.png.1d5cc7b7d6cab50e3a16e7c58ec40830.pngHere I didn't change the permission but if i execute this sql command : UPDATE world.command SET permission=376 WHERE name='gm fly';
Every moderators would be able to use the "gm fly" command because the permission 376 is link to level 1 account (moderator)

So now online the selected player can log in and can't execute gm command

- when there is <90 players -> server plimit reset

And every one can log in

Tell me what you think about that

Edited by Lenny4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By meeek
      Hey, I've been trying to compile from github the core from 6.2.3/6.2.4, I'm well aware its stopped developing. I cannot get it to configure properly in CMake, nor can I obviously build it.

I'd be willing to pay for help and get this working and running. I want to develop my own server on my freetime as a learning project and for entertainment. I can't find any core for WoD, sadly.. Very hard, would appreciate any quick help

• By spudmasher
      I have looked through forums, and can't find a straight answer. Have followed the guide, but not working.
      ISSUE: Starter areas for the Pandaren, Worgen, and Goblins are either broken, or non-exsistent. I have followed the guide to git current commits, but it continues to say 'up-to-date'. The only topics I have seen on any of these are old, or links that go to dead pages. My question, and I do apologize if it is here somewhere (and i missed it), is how do I make these starter areas act 'normal', with working quests?
      If I did miss it, a simple link is fine. Else an in-depth step-by-step to get these working would be appreciative. If it is not possible at this time, that as an answer would suffice.
    • By Wark
      I'd just like to get a little insight to why so much of the current Trinitycore code doesn't match up to a few years ago.
      Now I know I'm not a pro at coding on Trinitycore and I understand that the core is open sourced but these just seem so significant and doesn't seem right to remove this stuff.

Let me give an example. Lets say I'm watching this tutorial to get a little information about classes and methods that I can use when making a script. (I've also been using the Trinitycore Code Documentation as reference as well but it also seems to show the same issues)
      Although the tutorial is a little out of date, I don't see why OnGossipSelect doesn't exist anywhere in CreatureScript and that when I try to link the script to the core code it spits out this error.
      object of abstract class type "GossipTeleporter" is not allowed:
      pure virtual function "CreatureScript::GetAI" has no overrider
      The DEFINES of "ADD_GOSSIP_ITEM" and many more don't exist either.

Am I missing something? All I want to know is if the core is mean't to be this way and if not should I download an older version of the core before I put to much working into my current core.
      (I downloaded my core right from the Trinitycore website tutorial)

I'm currently trying to write a simple gossipteleporter that will let you talk to an npc and teleport to the given location. It's very hard to do this when so many things just don't exist within my core.

EXTRA: I pasted this into a new custom script just to see if I would get errors and I got a lot of different errors: http://pastebin.com/raw/G62e0t49
      This was obtained from here: http://www.ac-web.org/forums/showthread.php?129885-Request-Teleporter-NPC-for-TrinityCore
      By no means am I looking to copy the code from the two links above, I was using them as a test to see if my core accepted them.

Thanks,
      Wark
    • By Fyury
      When I run "worldserver.exe" it just crashes and I get this:
      TrinityCore rev. 084da48ba15a 2018-05-26 18:48:09 +0200 (master branch) (Win64, RelWithDebInfo, Static) (worldserver-daemon)
      <Ctrl-C> to stop.
       ______                       __
      /\__  _\       __          __/\ \__
      \/_/\ \/ _ __ /\_\    ___ /\_\ \, _\  __  __
         \ \ \/\`'__\/\ \ /' _ `\/\ \ \ \/ /\ \/\ \
          \ \ \ \ \/ \ \ \/\ \/\ \ \ \ \ \_\ \ \_\ \
           \ \_\ \_\  \ \_\ \_\ \_\ \_\ \__\\/`____ \
            \/_/\/_/   \/_/\/_/\/_/\/_/\/__/ `/___/> \
                                       C O R E  /\___/
      http://TrinityCore.org                    \/__/
      Using configuration file C:/WoW-Server/bin/RelWithDebInfo/worldserver.conf.
      Using SSL version: OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013 (library: OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013)
      Using Boost version: 1.65.1
      Updating Auth database...
      >> Auth database is up-to-date! Containing 6 new and 115 archived updates.
      Updating Character database...
      >> Character database is up-to-date! Containing 3 new and 77 archived updates.
      Updating World database...
      >> World database is up-to-date! Containing 193 new and 2262 archived updates.
      Updating Hotfixes database...
      >> Hotfixes database is up-to-date! Containing 18 new and 130 archived updates.
      Realm running as realm ID 1
      Using World DB: TDB 735.00
      Using enUS DBC Locale
      Will clear `logs` table of entries older than 1209600 seconds every 10 minutes.
      Using DataDir ./
      WORLD: MMap data directory is: ./mmaps
      VMap support included. LineOfSight: 1, getHeight: 1, indoorCheck: 1
      VMap data directory is: ./vmaps
      Missing name Guild.SaveInterval in config file C:/WoW-Server/bin/RelWithDebInfo/worldserver.conf, add "Guild.SaveInterval = 15" to this file
      Initialize PlayerDump...
      >> Initialized 370 PlayerDump ColumnDefinitions in 551 ms.
      Loading Trinity strings...
      >> Loaded 965 trinity strings in 32 ms
      Initialize data stores...
      Some required *.db2 files (2 from 230) not found or not compatible:
      ItemSearchName.db2
      WorldSafeLocs.db2

ItemSearName.db2 & WorldSafeLocs.db2 dont exist but how can I get them
      When I start "mapextractor.exe" this happens:

Unable to open file DBFilesClient\ItemSearchName.db2 in the archive for locale enUS: FILE_NOT_FOUND
      Unable to open file DBFilesClient\Unittest.db2 in the archive for locale enUS: FILE_NOT_FOUND
      Unable to open file DBFilesClient\WorldSafeLocs.db2 in the archive for locale enUS: FILE_NOT_FOUND

• By Смердокрыл
      Hi!
      How come a whole bunch of spells, for example rogue's Pistol Shot and Saber Slash, while obviously producing some sort of visual effect, are nowhere to be found in SpellXSpellVisual.db2? Is there another table responsible for them?