TrinityCore

Block connection for some players

Lenny4

I'm currently developping a web site to allow user to create an account and play in the game. For that I'm using soap connection, this way I can execute gm command from my website. (like bnetaccount create ...)

I was wondering, if one day I have a lot of players and I need to limit the amount of players who can be connect in the game at the same time.

But I want to choose (I will not choose my self I will create a php script for that) wich one can connect or not.

So my questions are:

- is there a way to know when a user try to connect in game, I mean a request is send to my website (or another way)? how?
                 - if yes can I avoid the connection to the game? how?

- is there a way to disconnect a user in the game using soap command (or another way)? how? Because here https://trinitycore.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/tc/pages/2130065/GM+Commands I can't find a command to disconnect a player

Thank you for your help.

Edited by Lenny4

Thank you for that Shauren, didn't notice this function exist.

For those who are interest on how to select wich player can connect when the server is full here is my solution, ps: you need to have a website where you can execute gm command using soap connection:

Let's say you want to limit the amount of player to 100

- server info to get the number of player
- if there is >=90 players connected -> server plimit -1 -> this will only allow moderators and higer to log in
- so you need to set the gm level of all the account you want to allow the connection with this command -> account set gmlevel

- the problem is, you might not want these players to execute gm command (even level 1 gm command)
- one way to solve this problem would be to change the permission in world.command (wich mean that a moderator cannot execute gm command because the minimum level to execute a gm command would be gm minimum)

image.png.1d5cc7b7d6cab50e3a16e7c58ec40830.pngHere I didn't change the permission but if i execute this sql command : UPDATE world.command SET permission=376 WHERE name='gm fly';
Every moderators would be able to use the "gm fly" command because the permission 376 is link to level 1 account (moderator)

So now online the selected player can log in and can't execute gm command

- when there is <90 players -> server plimit reset

And every one can log in

Tell me what you think about that

Edited by Lenny4

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kiler0193
      Just as the topic says.
      When I try to log in into client (i use retail since i want to play on the latest version and I wanna stay up to date with the lore) i get this error:
      We couldn't verify your account with that information (wow51900314)
      I did create account before that and bnetserver.exe and worldserver.exe are running.
      I think I did something wrong when setting up the server but i don't know what.
      Thanks in advance.
    • By Levcsu
      Dear everyone!
      Is there any kind of ways to disable the whole /run script command for players (chat functions)?
      Especially I'm looking for a fix solution for this:
      /run SendChatMessage("WOW", "WHISPER", nil, "\240\146\140\165\240\146\145\163\240\146\145\169\240\147\139\141\240\147\139\136\240\147\137\161\240\146\140\165\240\146\145\163\240\146\145\169\240\147\139\141\240\147\139\136\240\147\137\161")
      This still crash the server, and tested on the latest TrinityCore-master and TrinityCore-3.3.5
      I hope someone able to help me out.
      I tried this as a solution, but no luck sadly:
      https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/commit/bdb7e6e5e81e0d9376c9c803bae9da470b02d8cd

PS: No crash log at all on debug mode lol
    • By Levcsu
      Dear everyone!

Where can I download the full client (8.2.5.32750) which is compatible with the Master branch? Its enough to download the full game from battle.net, and I will able to join to the server fresh compilied master branch server?
    • By ChazH
      Hello,

I have been using TC for a few weeks now and have noticed a few issues. I am using TDB_full_735.00_2018_02_19 and loading the updates from the src folder ( As suggested from the database setup)
      1. Cooking window shows 0/0 and will not allow me to update the skills
      2. Unable to learn any cooking skills 
      3. After purchasing the fishing skill, logging out and coming back in. The Skill is removed from my professions and I cannot purchase it again
      4. While fishing, the fishing bobber never plays the animation that a fish has landed.

Any suggestions on what could be causing these issue?

I have been digging around in the code looking into possible ways to fix it but am not sure where to start. I have read the documentation about contributing but still, there is a lot there. Also, is there any write up on how the database is setup or an explanation as to how the tables are structured? I would love to start contributing to this project. Seems like a fun/challenging process.

Thank you,
      Chaz

• By Levcsu
      Where can I edit the quest rewards?
      PS: Quest_template not contains those items, what the quest offers, and I want to remove them.