TrinityCore
Sign in to follow this  
Billy

Starting up worldserver and immediately have 'AccountMgr' messages?

I just pulled an update this morning and done the compile works, but when I started the worldserver up I got these messages immediately after the server booted up.

Anybody know what this might mean?

servbootup.jpg

6 hours ago, Billy said:

Anybody know what this might mean?

Well, you can see in server/game/Accounts/AccountMgr.cpp that it's caused by something calling AccountMgr::HasPermission without supplying an accountId. Since that file hasn't been changed in a while, it's an issue with the caller or your databases.

I suspect that one of your accounts has somehow got a zero account id or some change to the databases is causing HasPermission to be called without a valid account, but that's just a guess. You might narrow the possibilities down by using git bisect (http://webchick.net/node/99) to figure out where the problem started.

You could also do a web search and find this (possibly related?) problem which referred to auction house code: https://community.trinitycore.org/topic/11138-account-manager/ If the auction house is to blame, you might be able to fix it by clearing the auction data.

Thanks dane! 

Wasn't sure if it might have been something to do with the auto updating of the SQL. I only get these messages when I've updated the server and run worldserver which adds the SQL updates automatically.

I'll dig farther into it using your suggestion of git bisect.

On 10/3/2018 at 4:18 PM, dane said:

Well, you can see in server/game/Accounts/AccountMgr.cpp that it's caused by something calling AccountMgr::HasPermission without supplying an accountId. Since that file hasn't been changed in a while, it's an issue with the caller or your databases.

I suspect that one of your accounts has somehow got a zero account id or some change to the databases is causing HasPermission to be called without a valid account, but that's just a guess. You might narrow the possibilities down by using git bisect (http://webchick.net/node/99) to figure out where the problem started.

You could also do a web search and find this (possibly related?) problem which referred to auction house code: https://community.trinitycore.org/topic/11138-account-manager/ If the auction house is to blame, you might be able to fix it by clearing the auction data.

Well tried to use git bisect, didn't find anything.

So .pdumped characters, and rebuilt the databases, and am currently recompiling this morning to see if it happens again.

Did notice a lot of sql's in the pull this morning, so will see if this corrected it or not.

Nope. Damn, had fingers crossed too. LOL!

servbootup1.jpg

On 10/12/2018 at 10:00 AM, Billy said:

Well tried to use git bisect, didn't find anything.

So .pdumped characters, and rebuilt the databases, and am currently recompiling this morning to see if it happens again.

Did notice a lot of sql's in the pull this morning, so will see if this corrected it or not.

Nope. Damn, had fingers crossed too. LOL!

If bisect didn't fix it, that suggests that your database was the problem. When you say you rebuilt it, do you mean you started with an empty database? That would be my next step (after backing up the old database, naturally). If that worked, I'd try restoring the backup and deleting all the auction data. Note that you need to remove the auction items as well as the sell data. I've done this before, but forgot to take notes on the queries I used.

If an empty database doesn't work, I'm stumped. I need to update my server and see if there are any problems.

15 hours ago, dane said:

If bisect didn't fix it, that suggests that your database was the problem. When you say you rebuilt it, do you mean you started with an empty database? That would be my next step (after backing up the old database, naturally). If that worked, I'd try restoring the backup and deleting all the auction data. Note that you need to remove the auction items as well as the sell data. I've done this before, but forgot to take notes on the queries I used.

If an empty database doesn't work, I'm stumped. I need to update my server and see if there are any problems.

That's exactly what I did. Deleted all 3 tables and pulled fresh source code to recompile and even changed out OS back to debian stretch.

Will have to wait until my next source pull to see if it works ok now.

Sweet! Everything worked smooth as silk this morning when I compiled and loaded up new sql statements.

Aokromes, if you would, you can close this topic now as the problems seems to have gone bye-bye now.

Thanks for the assist dane!