TrinityCore

A "+" near people's names - what does it do and why not all the time?

What does putting a "+" sign near someone's name do? I thought it might PM them that they were mentioned in a thread but I haven't seen any messages when people "+" me.

Also, why does it sometimes not work? In this post, I used two of them (alysher and CDawg) and only the first name is clickable.

I'm not entirely sure why + works sometimes and not others, but it's supposed to be a "mention" shortcut.

You can also do the same thing by using

MrSmite

[member=membername]
In which case, obviously the + is not necessary.

But to get the notifications, they have to be enabled. When this is enabled, you'll get alerts in the same box your "likes" are shown.

post-6960-0-49622100-1375155966_thumb.pn

post-6960-0-29049500-1375156203_thumb.pn

I tried an ealier post to Billy and it no worky :unsure:

Interesting.

The forums seem to be a bit broken compared to a few months ago.

• The "likes" list doesn't appear in any post, you can't view likes that you've given in "my content" and you can't see who liked your post in "my content" either.
  • I have 5 stars under my name in my profile but it doesn't tell me what they're for and I sure as hell don't have the power of a 5-Star General around here :P
  • Editing posts screws up formatting
  • Sometimes the cursor gets stuck inside the quote box so you have to submit the post then edit it

I'm using Firefox too which supposedly is the answer to all your problems...

Interesting.

The forums seem to be a bit broken compared to a few months ago.

• The "likes" list doesn't appear in any post, you can't view likes that you've given in "my content" and you can't see who liked your post in "my content" either.
  • I have 5 stars under my name in my profile but it doesn't tell me what they're for and I sure as hell don't have the power of a 5-Star General around here :P
  • Editing posts screws up formatting
  • Sometimes the cursor gets stuck inside the quote box so you have to submit the post then edit it

I'm using Firefox too which supposedly is the answer to all your problems...

• yeah that happens
  • Stars = ratings by other board users
  • havent seen it, I use chrome tho
  • same as above

for ref : http://www.trinitycore.org/f/topic/6955-username-feature/

Sometimes the cursor gets stuck inside the quote box so you have to submit the post then edit it

If this happens, just turn off WYSIWYG and use bbcode mode to add your spaces and then switch back.

You can also always click "preview" instead of actually posting.

If this happens, just turn off WYSIWYG and use bbcode mode to add your spaces and then switch back.

Yeah, I already do that.

• Stars = ratings by other board users

Oh, I see. It's been a while since I've looked at profiles, I didn't realize you could give people stars, I just thought it had something to do with how active you were on the forums.

It's too bad we can't convert this stuff to cash :)