For me it seems here it lacks a little bit of knowledge about networks. ;-)
Guess your target is to open your TC server to public internet and you are on a 3.3.5 branch, windows OS and using a common router setting and LAN.
3 steps that you need to do:
Step 1: WoW client and TC server on the same PC
- Check in your router which IP range and mask your DHCP is using for local dynamic IPs and which range is free for local static IPs in your LAN. If your router uses the IP 192.168.1.1 I guess you are in this net: 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0
- The DHCP server in your router will use some of the available IPs dynamically for your devices. For ex. maybe 192.168.1.50 up to 192.168.1.200 are dynamically. So you can use the range up to 49 and over 200 as a static IP for your server PC. Check and may change the setting for your needs.
- Set the IP and mask of your TC server to an IP in the range for local static IPs., f. ex 192.168.1.8/255.255.255.0. (Check that no other device has the same static IP in your LAN)
- Try to configure your server for this IP (192.168.1.8) in realmlist, auth database, config files as described in the wiki.
- Run Wow Client and server, test everything. If it doesn't work, fix it. Don't go further to Step 2 :-)
Step 2: WoW client and TC server on different PCs but in the same LAN
- Use the WoW Client on a 2nd PC in your LAN. This PC can get a dynamically IP from DHCP, f.ex. 192.168.1.51/255.255.255.0
- The IP in the realmlist is the same as in step1 (f.ex. 192.168.1.8)
- Run Wow Client and server, test everything. If it doesn't work, fix it. Don't go further to Step 3 :-) May you need to setup your Windows Firewall or switch it off.
Step 3: Access TC server by public WAN IP
- Be sure you got a static public IP from your ISP.
- In your router you need port forwarding of port 3724 and 8085 to your TC server (192.168.1.8)
- Change in auth DB in table realmlist the address to your public IP.
- On your 2nd PC in the LAN, change in the wow realmlist the IP to your public IP.
- Done, it should work now ;-) If not ask in the forum with exactly information where your stuck.
(Sorry, if I have forgotten something basically)