TrinityCore

[SOLVED]Change .Conf location

Kruel

3 hours ago, Kruel said:

And how would i be able to do this? only know the basics of cmake for compiling 

Presumably, it works a lot like the linux version of the install. However, for more general information on using cmake in windows, you might look at this tutorial, which was the clearest answer I could find. (I haven't used windows in over a decade, so it seems very confusing to me.)

2 hours ago, Kruel said:

Yeah still confused my self on how i would change the directories for config / data files

Look at oXL0C0Xo's post above. That flag changes the config directory. You'll also see it in the drop-down under the linux core installation. The cmake command ought to be roughly the same, so something like

cmake .. -G "Visual Studio 15 2017" -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=[install dir] -DCONF_DIR=[config dir] -DTOOLS=1

should get you a visual studio solution file which you use to compile (according to the tutorial). I

I have added those strings and fully compiled but World server and Auth Server are still unable to read config files from folder of choice.

Says Error: invalid or missing default configuration file 

cmake .. -G "Visual Studio 15 2017 Win64" -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=C:\trinitycore -DCONF_DIR=/conf -DLIBSDIR=/lib -DMYSQL_LIBRARY=C:/MySQL/lib_64/libmysql.lib -DSERVERS=1

Is the line i came up and it fully compiles world and auth files.

16 hours ago, Kruel said:

Had some help tracking it down. It's under MAIN.CPP files for both world and realm

Before Main.CPP

After MAIN.CPP

Removed the cfg_def_file due to it was not finding the normal conf paths.

has workaround you can use worldserver -c pathtoconfig.