TrinityCore

[SOLVED]Updating Commit - Question

Great Name No Game

I have followed the instructions exactly as to the updating process of commits for my MASTER server, but I have a question that I cant seem to locate the answer to already on the forums. My current commit is running e0fb444. I open GItExt and look for the newer commit, however it is nowhere to be found. Refreshing GitExt brings up....

yCnc8QE.png

... which is currently my current commit. Yet on the website, I am seeing several commits that have been done after my commit (e0fb444). See below.

bFLe3Tw.png

I'm seeing 79b9848 as the most up to date commit. Am I wrong in this presumption? How do I get this commit to show up in my GitExt? Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

instead of refresh (whatever that does ,, maybe it doesnt do any git commands that change history etc, just refreshes the GUI view), fetch or pull. Fetch gets latest history so you can see the commits (but dont actually have them in your current source) and pull would do fetch and merge (and merging means you would get the stuff(the commits) to your current local repo)

I myself dont use any GUI so no idea how git extensions works for example. Im sure many have used or know how the CLI works however so maybe use that instead and then use GUI?
Easier to sort these things out in the CLI than in some random GUI - there is just one CLI.

Already extracted and copied from my previous commit folder. For some weird reason or another its still showing the same error. Here's 2 pics of 2 folders. My dir of the WorldServer and the contents of the vmaps folder.

jKQeta2.png

FAx3mUg.png

@Nay Thanks for your input, can you please advise me further? I'll post screen caps of whatever you need to see. Thanks!

- J H

It probably doesn't matter, but the BNet server works fine. its only the worldserver.exe that's giving me fits right now. I've redone the entire procedure 3 times and every time it gives me the same result at the same point in the setup. There's got to be something I'm missing. I ran my previous commit on this rig the exact same way. I've double checked the worldserver config file for any discrepancies but since I connect to the localhost, all entries have been set to defaults and I haven't touched anything. Thoughts?

BSRBU9q.png

3 minutes ago, Nay said:

You can set the DataDir config to an absolute path instead to be sure.

https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/blob/master/src/server/worldserver/worldserver.conf.dist#L76

For example, I have all the client files in DataDir = "D:/wow/335/data", outside of the build directory.

I will work on giving that a shot. I find it more organized and meaningful to have frequently access files in an easy-to-remember location as well.

@Aokromes - Thats my last resort. You're probably right and I will try that after reversing the slashes as @Rochet2 suggested. Its always a shot. However, if one commit can recognize everything in the vmaps and mmaps, why wouldn't a second? Just a thought.

(For the record, I did not delete my previous commit. I wanted to make sure I had everything on hand as a fallback / backout plan. I threw the vmaps and mmaps and everything back into my previous commit and it worked fine.)

If vmaps are not enabled then creatures go through ground a lot and so. For example at booty bay dock the NPCs cant seem to be able to stay on the dock platform and drop to water.
Guessing: Its like many things in the game wouldnt exist for them, because they dont. Map files only have limited amount of info and they dont proabably contain all the specific info about each object on a map, but just possibly the main terrain (no trees, no barrels etc) that is where vmaps come into play.

• VMaps: VMaps are optional, but highly recommended. VMaps ("Virtual Maps") calculate the possibility of line-of-sight, as an example. Based on their content, the server can (for example) calculate if spell casts are possible (e.g. if a wall is in between the target and caster or not).

Quote from https://trinitycore.atlassian.net/wiki/display/tc/Help%3A+FAQ

what is your client version and your core commit?

As you probably use master branch, TC is not always on the latest blizz patch. So depending on that you need to wait until TC gets to a version you have or that you can download.
check the thread in news and announcements for the supported version. I also recommend checking the git commit history because it can be that the supported version changes before updated to the thread or you have an older than newest commit which can support some older version.

• Upvote 1