Compile or cmake problems

Joy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, this is a thing now. Any clue what I did wrong? After cloning the git, I noticed the folders were very empty, but I did everything as the guide told.

Attatching pics in order:

Error Message upon clicking configure on Cmake

Place where I cloned the git (Various folders only contain more folders and are empty)

halp.PNG

yea boi.PNG

3 hours ago, Rochet2 said:

What does C:/TrinityCore contain? In the image above it seems to contain stuff it shouldnt (some git stuff?)
How did you clone the source exactly?

It should contain the files you see here:
https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore
or here https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/tree/3.3.5

This is what it contains, and the next how i cloned it

trinitycore.PNG

1.PNG

2.PNG

After installing all the software needed for setting up a server, I began folowing the guide. I got to

Configuring and generating Visual C++ solutions with CMake

and after step 6 I got into a problem.Error.png

That's my compiler, I tried using the 2010 Win64 version aswel.

This is what happened after pressing "Finish"

Error1.png

Also, the logs, first being the Error log and the second the Output logError log.pngOutput log.png

Please tell me if you need any more information.

Edited by Bradwin

/*  The C compiler identification is unknown

The CXX compiler identification is unknown

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:15 (project):
    No CMAKE_C_COMPILER could be found.

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:15 (project):
    No CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER could be found.

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

See also "D:/Build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

See also "D:/Build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".    */

This is all that it says. I uncheched the "Read only" attribute.

Edited by Bradwin

Visual studio 2017 it's not supported at all. the only supported is 2015. You very likely missed this point:

The installer for VS 2015 (any edition) no longer installs the C++ compiler by default.

To enable it, select Custom in the type of installation and pick Common Tools for Visual C++ 2015 in Programming Languages -> Visual C++

I'm having an issue building in Visual Studio, I believe I've followed all of the steps and meet all of the requirements.  I'm able to build with cmake, and at that point I open my solution in visual studio and clean->build.  At that point, I get a ton of errors saying _mingw.h is not found, for example 

23>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\include\stdio.h(27): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: '_mingw.h': No such file or directory

I do have mingw installed, and I did select the option to install C++ compilers when installing visual studio.  In cmake I've selected visual studio 14, 32 bit and I've tried 64 bit and have got the same error.  I feel like I'm missing something obvious, anyone have an idea?

I'm on windows 10, I've done https://trinitycore.atlassian.net/wiki/display/tc/Requirements this and https://trinitycore.atlassian.net/wiki/display/tc/Core+Installation

Edited by briansrls

Hello,

1) I am trying to compile on Ubuntu 16.04 and here are my erros during compilation:

[ 17%] Linking CXX executable authserver
/usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/authserver.dir/Main.cpp.o: undefined reference to symbol 'pthread_sigmask@@GLIBC_2.2.5'
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

2) I tried to add -lpthread and I got these errors:

[ 18%] Linking CXX executable authserver
/usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/authserver.dir/Main.cpp.o: undefined reference to symbol 'write@@GLIBC_2.2.5'
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line

3) And this error:

/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/crt1.o: In function `_start':
(.text+0x20): undefined reference to `main'

4) I tried to add this -nostartfiles and -nostdlib and got this error:

[  8%] Linking CXX shared module libScriptPCH.cpp_dephelp.so
CMakeFiles/ScriptPCH.cpp_dephelp.dir/PrecompiledHeaders/ScriptPCH.cpp.o: In function `__static_initialization_and_destruction_0':
/usr/include/c++/5/iostream:74: undefined reference to `__dso_handle'
/usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/ScriptPCH.cpp_dephelp.dir/PrecompiledHeaders/ScriptPCH.cpp.o: relocation R_X86_64_PC32 against undefined hidden symbol `__dso_handle' can not be used when making a shared object

Can you help me? I installed all libraries from this manual: https://trinitycore.atlassian.net/wiki/display/tc/Linux+Requirements

3 hours ago, Aokromes said:

Can you post the cmake log?

I already posted parts of the log ... nothing else is created or I do not know where else ... here is when I turn on -v option:

Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=/usr/bin/c++
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5/lto-wrapper
Target: x86_64-linux-gnu
Configured with: ../src/configure -v --with-pkgversion='Ubuntu 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.4' --with-bugurl=file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-5/README.Bugs --enable-languages=c,ada,c++,java,go,d,fortran,objc,obj-c++ --prefix=/usr --program-suffix=-5 --enable-shared --enable-linker-build-id --libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --libdir=/usr/lib --enable-nls --with-sysroot=/ --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-libstdcxx-time=yes --with-default-libstdcxx-abi=new --enable-gnu-unique-object --disable-vtable-verify --enable-libmpx --enable-plugin --with-system-zlib --disable-browser-plugin --enable-java-awt=gtk --enable-gtk-cairo --with-java-home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-gcj-5-amd64/jre --enable-java-home --with-jvm-root-dir=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-gcj-5-amd64 --with-jvm-jar-dir=/usr/lib/jvm-exports/java-1.5.0-gcj-5-amd64 --with-arch-directory=amd64 --with-ecj-jar=/usr/share/java/eclipse-ecj.jar --enable-objc-gc --enable-multiarch --disable-werror --with-arch-32=i686 --with-abi=m64 --with-multilib-list=m32,m64,mx32 --enable-multilib --with-tune=generic --enable-checking=release --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-linux-gnu --target=x86_64-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
gcc version 5.4.0 20160609 (Ubuntu 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.4)
COMPILER_PATH=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5/:/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5/:/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/:/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5/:/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/
LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5/:/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/:/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5/../../../../lib/:/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/:/lib/../lib/:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/:/usr/lib/../lib/:/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5/../../../:/lib/:/usr/lib/
COLLECT_GCC_OPTIONS='-fPIC' '-nostartfiles' '-v' '-std=c++11' '-g3' '-O3' '-D' 'NDEBUG' '-shared' '-o' 'libScriptPCH.cpp_dephelp.so' '-shared-libgcc' '-mtune=generic' '-march=x86-64'
 /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5/collect2 -plugin /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5/liblto_plugin.so -plugin-opt=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5/lto-wrapper -plugin-opt=-fresolution=/tmp/ccrlmchm.res -plugin-opt=-pass-through=-lgcc_s -plugin-opt=-pass-through=-lc -plugin-opt=-pass-through=-lgcc_s --sysroot=/ --build-id --eh-frame-hdr -m elf_x86_64 --hash-style=gnu --as-needed -shared -z relro -o libScriptPCH.cpp_dephelp.so -L/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5 -L/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu -L/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5/../../../../lib -L/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -L/lib/../lib -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -L/usr/lib/../lib -L/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5/../../.. CMakeFiles/ScriptPCH.cpp_dephelp.dir/PrecompiledHeaders/ScriptPCH.cpp.o -lstdc++ -lm -lgcc_s -lc -lgcc_s
CMakeFiles/ScriptPCH.cpp_dephelp.dir/PrecompiledHeaders/ScriptPCH.cpp.o: In function `__static_initialization_and_destruction_0':
/usr/include/c++/5/iostream:74: undefined reference to `__dso_handle'
/usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/ScriptPCH.cpp_dephelp.dir/PrecompiledHeaders/ScriptPCH.cpp.o: relocation R_X86_64_PC32 against undefined hidden symbol `__dso_handle' can not be used when making a shared object
/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Invalid value

2 hours ago, Dukla said:

I already posted parts of the log ... nothing else is created or I do not know where else ... here is when I turn on -v option:

Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=/usr/bin/c++

I mean the log of the result of running cmake ../ 

• Aokromes changed the title to Compile or cmake problems
  • Aokromes pinned this topic