TrinityCore

4.3.4 bnetserver not starting realm

Uee

I recently found the Trinity Cataclsym Preservation Project and thought I will try it out.

I am already running 3.3.5a and Master - both server run great

Pulled 4.3.4 down using Git and built it same way as others:

• boost_1_73_0
  • cmake 3.17.2
  • Mysql 5.7.30
  • VS Community 2019

Built fine - no issue. Used 'Extractor.bat' to run all the map extractors - worked great!

Noticed there was extra file 'connection_patcher.exe`, ran that - worked great! Now have "wow_patched" and use this to launch client

MySQL runs in standalone mode, -initialize, added base sql files, imported, auth and character sql files

Configured both the .conf files and passwords, IPs etc are all in place.

Note: When loading the exe and built conf file, bnetserver complain about these items missing, so I add them:

• Updates.AutoSetup = 1
  • Updates.EnableDatabases = 0
  • LoginDatabase.SynchThreads = 1

Load up Mysql - loads fine

Load up bnetserver and appears to load ok - last few lines look like this:

Connected to MySQL database at 127.0.0.1
DatabasePool 'auth' opened successfully. 2 total connections running.
Started auth database connection pool.
Listening on connections from worldservers on port 1118...

Load up worldserver and it adds the FULL world and hotfixes, then applied all updates (confirmed archived in SQL) - last few lines look like this:

Calculate next monthly quest reset time...
Calculate random battleground reset time...
Calculate guild limitation(s) reset time...
Calculate next currency reset time...
World initialized in 0 minutes 13 seconds
TrinityCore rev. d0c7bbab40bc 2020-05-06 00:01:21 +0200 (master branch) (Win64, RelWithDebInfo, Static) (worldserver-daemon) ready...

There are no db errors in logs.

Config.wtf contain portal, realmlist as remote server and patchlist as localhost.

When I try to connecting using "user@local" and password I get immediately disconnected.

What I did noticed different is that the bnetserver doesnt add "Added realm "Battle for Azeroth" at 192.168.10.213:8085." (From my Master log) 

3.3.5a also have this line as last line in authserver - but 4.3.4 is not giving me this one.

Realmlist table is accurate with right information.

Anyone know why bnetserver is not starting me realm?

Update:

I can see in client logs:

5/7 16:36:16.436  GRUNT: state: LOGIN_STATE_CONNECTING result: LOGIN_OK 
5/7 16:36:16.661  Failed to resolve 192.168.10.211.logon.battle.net
5/7 16:36:16.678  GRUNT: state: LOGIN_STATE_FAILED result: DISCONNECTED 

But I have already patched! I use Wow_Patched and I can also see Battle.net_Patched.dll

What else is different about 4.3.4 that I need to know that might cause client to not connect?

My source IS the Cataclysm Preservation Project (TrinityCore rev. d0c7bbab40bc 2020-05-06 00:01:21 +0200) latest commit

Realmlist is good:

"1"    "Trinity"    "192.168.10.211"    "127.0.0.1"    "255.255.255.0"    "8085"    "0"    "0"    "1"    "0"    "0"    "15595"    "2"    "1"

All firewall ports created using the exe so ALL ports open

Config.wtf AND realmlist.wtf in the data locale directory are set to IP of server

And yes, the conf files for both the bnet and world servers are spot on.

After my testing I think the issue is the client locale - even after patching the wow.exe successfully, the client still has:

5/7 16:36:16.436  GRUNT: state: LOGIN_STATE_CONNECTING result: LOGIN_OK 
5/7 16:36:16.661  Failed to resolve 192.168.10.211.logon.battle.net
5/7 16:36:16.678  GRUNT: state: LOGIN_STATE_FAILED result: DISCONNECTED 

I am testing a enUS client at the moment - no working yet - patching it gives different problem

The connection_patcher with current 4.3.4 says it patched successfully, but its behavior is not

• 2 months later...
On 5/7/2020 at 11:44 AM, Lucian_by said:

Also try The Cataclysm Preservation Project or (C)mangos

The only supported & developed version is TCPP. But I can't patch the original wow & wow64 exe & dll files by TCPP patcher.  It's too bad that this fork uses the bnetserver authentication system and not the old way (authserver).

so sad,

On 8/4/2020 at 8:41 PM, Lucian_by said:

But I can't patch the original wow & wow64 exe & dll files by TCPP patcher.

Personally, I missed the part in the wiki on the TCPP github page where they state about the TCPP patcher. However, after going through some old version of the Atlassian wiki for TC I found this:

• Get latest connection_patcher (from your build/RelWithDebInfo folder when compiling with tools) and apply wow.exe and/or wow64.exe on it by using the command console or drag&drop the exe files over the connection_patcher. 
    WoW_Patched.exe or Wow-64_Patched.exe have been created, use this from now on.
  • Change Config.wtf: SET portal "<IP address used in realmlist table>"
    The IP in the Config.wtf file should be exactly the same as the IP address you entered in the realmlist table above. (Example: SET portal "127.0.0.1")
    NOTE YOU MUST RUN CONNECTION PATCHER ON EVERY CLIENT PC.

https://trinitycore.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=74006268&pageVersion=1

Besides that I renamed the patched files back to their original names (wow.exe)

On 8/8/2020 at 11:14 AM, Lucian_by said:

Can уou upload wow or wow-64 and Battle.net.dll or Battle.net-64.dll to any filehosting?

I get a patch error and the client does not connect to the server 

https://imgur.com/a/k3zjQKa

Ehm, I prefer not to share it in public. However, what I notice with the old cata (not giving any names to prevent down takes too soon for you) mini file, they had an extra zip file to upgrade the cinematics part and add a bunch of .dll files to the mini client. This extra part is still available for download here https://mega.nz/file/BYpwyKpJ#1H4ZZ0BQc7VEb8IXUbc611ZZk7Km7c7WIMgW3eekhmQ (after some webcrawling I found this one) They removed the download for the mini client.

The succesfull return I get then is the following picture:

afbeelding.png.c5986709b9b7a2a2c40177818085aa20.png

One thing I do notice between the screen shots provided above is that Lucian_by is running the patch from Unix, while Not-A-Potato is running this from Windows. Personally I'm now running into the same issue as Lucian - I get the same error message when I run the connection_patcher from Ubuntu 20.04 command line for the client I am using in the build - Map extraction, etc. The connection_patcher won't run in the windows environment, and neither will it complete the patch work on the client I've copied across. 

I'm trying to setup a server VM using Ubuntu 20.04 while using Windows 10 for the client-side things. Is there anything I can do to patch out the executable short of downloading and compiling the code - and therefore the connection_patcher in windows as well?

So I bit the bullet and setup my Windows PC to compile the connection_patcher software, and it worked! At least the 32 bit did. When I got to the 64 bit stuff I had some problems. I'm getting a message of "EX: unable to find pattern" when I try to run connection patcher with Wow-64.exe. I do have Battle.net-64.dll present by the way. Any thoughts?

• 2 years later...
On 8/19/2020 at 6:39 AM, PQuicksilver said:

So I bit the bullet and setup my Windows PC to compile the connection_patcher software, and it worked! At least the 32 bit did. When I got to the 64 bit stuff I had some problems. I'm getting a message of "EX: unable to find pattern" when I try to run connection patcher with Wow-64.exe. I do have Battle.net-64.dll present by the way. Any thoughts?

Hello, did you manage to solve it? because i have the same problem and i can't solve it

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By reyne
      Hey there!

I've followed a few threads here about map extraction, and am still having issues. Originally, I was having the issue described here.
      After following the advice given in that thread (creating characters of both BC races and running around for a bit), I am no longer getting that error, however now I get the following error while trying to extract maps:

`Error loading World\Maps\Expansion01\Expansion01_42_6.adt`

This repeats for every line in Expansion01, and then the extractor crashes.

I'm not sure where else to go from here.

Thanks for your help

Edit: I've created an 85 on an i85 server and flown all around Outland now, same issue.
    • By Hydra_Btforce
      Just finished download & compile fresh trinitycore 4.3.4  From : https://gitlab.com/trinitycore/TrinityCore_434/tree/4.3.4

Creating World database from : https://github.com/TrinityCoreLegacy/TrinityCore/releases
      Downloading the lasted one & create new database named World
      Navigate to my repo applying sql/updates/world/4.3.4
      Trying to apply all updates but an error occurred while applying updates
      And if i don't apply all updates the world is totally bugged and items/creature are missing.

Please help
    • By Cantte
      Well ... today I was about to compile the trinity core version for WoW 4.3.4 of this repository "https://gitlab.com/trinitycore/TrinityCore_434". Download them and when you use the cmake, I generate the solution correctly. When I began to compile this went well until I got to the last step, when I was 90% practically.
      This was the error:
      Main.obj: error LNK2019: external symbol SSLeay_version unresolved referred to in the function "public: void __cdecl <lambda_4a2d53ce610f18dba0b4b4d6532c13a7> :: operator () (void) const" (?? R <lambda_4a2d53ce610f18dba0b4b4d6532c13a7> @@ QEBAXXZ)
      25> scripts.lib (cs_server.obj): error LNK2001: external symbol SSLeay_version unresolved
      25> gsoap.lib (stdsoap2.obj): error LNK2019: unresolved sk_num external symbol referenced in the tcp_connect function
      25> gsoap.lib (stdsoap2.obj): error LNK2019: unresolved sk_value external symbol referenced in the tcp_connect function
      25> gsoap.lib (stdsoap2.obj): error LNK2019: unresolved sk_pop_free external symbol referenced in the tcp_connect function
      25> gsoap.lib (stdsoap2.obj): error LNK2019: outer symbol OPENSSL_add_all_algorithms_noconf unresolved referenced in the soap_ssl_init function
      25> gsoap.lib (stdsoap2.obj): error LNK2019: external symbol SSL_load_error_strings unresolved referenced in the soap_ssl_init function
      25> gsoap.lib (stdsoap2.obj): error LNK2019: unresolved external SSLv23_method symbol referenced in the ssl_auth_init function
      25> gsoap.lib (stdsoap2.obj): error LNK2019: external symbol SSL_library_init unresolved referenced in the soap_ssl_init function
      25> gsoap.lib (stdsoap2.obj): error LNK2019: external symbol SSL_state unresolved referenced in the tcp_connect function
      25> common.lib (OpenSSLCrypto.obj): error LNK2019: external symbol CRYPTO_num_locks unresolved referred to in the function "void __cdecl OpenSSLCrypto :: threadsCleanup (void)" (? ThreadsCleanup @ OpenSSLCrypto @@ YAXXZ)
      25> common.lib (OpenSSLCrypto.obj): error LNK2019: external symbol CRYPTO_set_locking_callback unresolved referred to in the function "void __cdecl OpenSSLCrypto :: threadsCleanup (void)" (? ThreadsCleanup @ OpenSSLCrypto @@ YAXXZ)
      25> common.lib (OpenSSLCrypto.obj): error LNK2019: external symbol CRYPTO_THREADID_set_numeric unresolved referred to in the function "void __cdecl threadIdCallback (struct crypto_threadid_st *)" (? ThreadIdCallback @@ YAXPEAUcrypto_threadid_st @@@ Z)
      25> common.lib (OpenSSLCrypto.obj): error LNK2019: external symbol CRYPTO_THREADID_set_callback unresolved referenced in the function "void __cdecl OpenSSLCrypto :: threadsCleanup (void)" (? ThreadsCleanup @ OpenSSLCrypto @@ YAXXZ)
      25> common.lib (ARC4.obj): error LNK2019: external symbol EVP_CIPHER_CTX_init unresolved referred to in the function "public: __cdecl ARC4 :: ARC4 (unsigned int)" (?? 0ARC4 @@ QEAA @ I @ Z)
      25> common.lib (HmacHash.obj): error LNK2019: unresolved HMAC_CTX_init external symbol referenced in the "struct hmac_ctx_st * __cdecl HMAC_CTX_new (void)" function (? HMAC_CTX_new @@ YAPEAUhmac_ctx_st @@ XZ)
      25> common.lib (HmacHash.obj): error LNK2019: unresolved HMAC_CTX_cleanup external symbol referenced in the "void __cdecl HMAC_CTX_free (struct hmac_ctx_st *)" function (? HMAC_CTX_free @@ YAXPEAUhmac_ctx_st @@@ Z)
      25> E: \ Server-Wow \ TrinityCore_434-4.3.4 \ Build \ bin \ RelWithDebInfo \ worldserver.exe: fatal error LNK1120: 16 external unresolved
      25> Compilation of the "worldserver.vcxproj" project completed - ERROR.
      26> ------ Compile operation started: project: ALL_BUILD, configuration: RelWithDebInfo x64 ------
      26> Building Custom Rule E: /Server-Wow/TrinityCore_434-4.3.4/CMakeLists.txt
      26> CMake does not need to re-run because E: /Server-Wow/TrinityCore_434-4.3.4/Build/CMakeFiles/generate.stamp is up-to-date.
      ========== Compile: 23 correct, 3 incorrect, 0 updated, 0 omitted ==========

And this is the original error in Spanish (since I use the compiler in Spanish)

Main.obj : error LNK2019: símbolo externo SSLeay_version sin resolver al que se hace referencia en la función "public: void __cdecl <lambda_4a2d53ce610f18dba0b4b4d6532c13a7>::operator()(void)const " (??R<lambda_4a2d53ce610f18dba0b4b4d6532c13a7>@@QEBAXXZ)
      25>scripts.lib(cs_server.obj) : error LNK2001: símbolo externo SSLeay_version sin resolver
      25>gsoap.lib(stdsoap2.obj) : error LNK2019: símbolo externo sk_num sin resolver al que se hace referencia en la función tcp_connect
      25>gsoap.lib(stdsoap2.obj) : error LNK2019: símbolo externo sk_value sin resolver al que se hace referencia en la función tcp_connect
      25>gsoap.lib(stdsoap2.obj) : error LNK2019: símbolo externo sk_pop_free sin resolver al que se hace referencia en la función tcp_connect
      25>gsoap.lib(stdsoap2.obj) : error LNK2019: símbolo externo OPENSSL_add_all_algorithms_noconf sin resolver al que se hace referencia en la función soap_ssl_init
      25>gsoap.lib(stdsoap2.obj) : error LNK2019: símbolo externo SSL_load_error_strings sin resolver al que se hace referencia en la función soap_ssl_init
      25>gsoap.lib(stdsoap2.obj) : error LNK2019: símbolo externo SSLv23_method sin resolver al que se hace referencia en la función ssl_auth_init
      25>gsoap.lib(stdsoap2.obj) : error LNK2019: símbolo externo SSL_library_init sin resolver al que se hace referencia en la función soap_ssl_init
      25>gsoap.lib(stdsoap2.obj) : error LNK2019: símbolo externo SSL_state sin resolver al que se hace referencia en la función tcp_connect
      25>common.lib(OpenSSLCrypto.obj) : error LNK2019: símbolo externo CRYPTO_num_locks sin resolver al que se hace referencia en la función "void __cdecl OpenSSLCrypto::threadsCleanup(void)" (?threadsCleanup@OpenSSLCrypto@@YAXXZ)
      25>common.lib(OpenSSLCrypto.obj) : error LNK2019: símbolo externo CRYPTO_set_locking_callback sin resolver al que se hace referencia en la función "void __cdecl OpenSSLCrypto::threadsCleanup(void)" (?threadsCleanup@OpenSSLCrypto@@YAXXZ)
      25>common.lib(OpenSSLCrypto.obj) : error LNK2019: símbolo externo CRYPTO_THREADID_set_numeric sin resolver al que se hace referencia en la función "void __cdecl threadIdCallback(struct crypto_threadid_st *)" (?threadIdCallback@@YAXPEAUcrypto_threadid_st@@@Z)
      25>common.lib(OpenSSLCrypto.obj) : error LNK2019: símbolo externo CRYPTO_THREADID_set_callback sin resolver al que se hace referencia en la función "void __cdecl OpenSSLCrypto::threadsCleanup(void)" (?threadsCleanup@OpenSSLCrypto@@YAXXZ)
      25>common.lib(ARC4.obj) : error LNK2019: símbolo externo EVP_CIPHER_CTX_init sin resolver al que se hace referencia en la función "public: __cdecl ARC4::ARC4(unsigned int)" (??0ARC4@@QEAA@I@Z)
      25>common.lib(HmacHash.obj) : error LNK2019: símbolo externo HMAC_CTX_init sin resolver al que se hace referencia en la función "struct hmac_ctx_st * __cdecl HMAC_CTX_new(void)" (?HMAC_CTX_new@@YAPEAUhmac_ctx_st@@XZ)
      25>common.lib(HmacHash.obj) : error LNK2019: símbolo externo HMAC_CTX_cleanup sin resolver al que se hace referencia en la función "void __cdecl HMAC_CTX_free(struct hmac_ctx_st *)" (?HMAC_CTX_free@@YAXPEAUhmac_ctx_st@@@Z)
      25>E:\Server-Wow\TrinityCore_434-4.3.4\Build\bin\RelWithDebInfo\worldserver.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 16 externos sin resolver
      25>Compilación del proyecto "worldserver.vcxproj" terminada -- ERROR.
      26>------ Operación Compilar iniciada: proyecto: ALL_BUILD, configuración: RelWithDebInfo x64 ------
      26>Building Custom Rule E:/Server-Wow/TrinityCore_434-4.3.4/CMakeLists.txt
      26>CMake does not need to re-run because E:/Server-Wow/TrinityCore_434-4.3.4/Build/CMakeFiles/generate.stamp is up-to-date.
      ========== Compilar: 23 correctos, 3 incorrectos, 0 actualizados, 0 omitidos ==========

Thanks.
    • By Szone
      Hello,

I have a TrinityCore 3.3.5 realm and i want to make a second realm (4.3.4), but the question is : can I run/install on the same server (Ubuntu 16.04 server) ACE and BOOST ?    

Thank you!

• By Apple
      -- EDIT BY Aokromes --
      If you get "unknown column" "missing table" "Duplicate column" errors:
      use mysql --default-character-set=utf8 to avoid import failures because timeout/mysql gone away/etc
      1) Clone desired branch.
      2) Import sql/create/create_mysql.sql
      3) start core
      4) leave core to update databases.
      Our Wiki: http://collab.kpsn.org/display/tc/TrinityCore+Home