TrinityCore

Help with the realmlist table.....

alysher

ok, i am setting up a server for myself and a few friends. the server is going to be at my home network, but my friends will be connecting from out side of it. there is only one column of data in the realmlist table so how and what would i do to add the local ip and external ip's to the table.

www.whatsmyip.org will show you the external IP address. Use this in the IP column.

You'll need to use that computers local IP address while connecting to the realm. IF you are locally connecting (Within your own network).

What I mean to say is open up command prompt and type ipconfig use this "IP address" in your realmlist.wtf.

Your friends will use the external IP you entered in the `realmlist` table.

Think of it like this...

Realm -- -- Router -- network

|

You

Get your current ip from WhatIsMyIP.com and give it to your friends. Your friends need to add it to their realmlist like this:

set realmlist your.ip.number.here
And yours will look like:
set realmlist 127.0.0.1
Now, go into your "auth" database, find the "realmlist" table, and put your WhatIsMyIP.com IP in the "address" column. Voila. You and your friends can connect to your server. If you haven't made accounts for them yet, you'll need to do that by typing the following command inside the worldserver.exe that you run to start the server (after it finishes loading):
account create <username> <password> <gmlevel> <realm ID>
<username> and <password> are up to them, where <gmlevel> is a number 1-4 of what you want their GM access to be, and <realm ID> is the ID# of the realm shown in the realmlist table you went to in the instruction above. If you want them to have GM access on ALL realms, put "-1" as the <realm ID>. Here's an example,
account create john d1ngl3b3r13s 3 -1

so correct me if i am wrong but it sounds like all i have to do is set the ip to my ip(or in my case my dyndns domain name since i have a dynamic ip) and any one on the internet can access the server as well as any one on the local network(and the local-host)

and as for account creation i need info on where to find a sql query that will create my master account so i can log in and create other accts. also some sort of description for the gm acct lvls would be nice since the wiki doesn't have this info

so correct me if i am wrong but it sounds like all i have to do is set the ip to my ip(or in my case my dyndns domain name since i have a dynamic ip) and any one on the internet can access the server as well as any one on the local network(and the local-host)

and as for account creation i need info on where to find a sql query that will create my master account so i can log in and create other accts. also some sort of description for the gm acct lvls would be nice since the wiki doesn't have this info

Well, what I am saying is you have to configure the realm to accept connections from outside your network. You'll do this by changing the local IP entered in `realmlist` table to your external IP (http://www.whatsmyip.org) after you've done that along with port forwarding and adding the proper firewall exceptions. You should be able to receive connections outside your own network...

People outside your network will connect to the external address.

To locally connect you simply find the LAN IP address of the realm by running command prompt -> ipconfig and place that in your realmlist.wtf

The other poster told you how to create an account the wrong way...

account create <username> <password> <gmlevel> <realm ID>
- Dose not exist to my knowledge. The proper syntax is:
.account create $account $password
In order to make it an account with GM access you'll need to do
.account set gmlevel
4 - Admin

3 - console

2 - GameMaster

1 - Ticket bitch
I think To set the account's expansion level use
.account set addon

Setting up dyndns is the same just use in place of the external IP...

Sorry to whomever is reading this. I know I typed this crappy, It's just been one of those days... Please understand.

• Upvote 1

ok cool.

as for the accout info.....isnt that an INGAME command?

What they are telling you is, When you start up "worldserver.exe", a command prompt window opens & lots of info streams up in it. THAT is the "worldserver console". You type inside that window to create your accounts.

Hope that makes it clear enough :)

Edited by psychobandit

Those are in-game commands, which also work, but he needs an account to login to in order to use them.

Typing commands without the dot "." before them in the worldserver console work as if you're already in-game.

No shit sherlock, you just might be right.

• 5 years later...

So, I am asking here because it is about the realmlist. So when I open the realmlist it has a bunch of Null values that are incomprehensible and also the realmlist file is in .frm form. Any fix? Here's the link for what the file looks like. I just need to see something comprehensible for this so I can change it. No one but me can log in because of it. yIG8uEn.png

I'm not sure how this exactly helps me, I just want to remove the Null values (Put them into proper terms, I can only do it with the NUL part, but not the others) the reason I need these values in proper terms (Readable) is so I can allow people to fully connect. I heard having it in .wtf form fixes it but its always in .frm and when changing it using the command prompt or just editing the file type it does not fix the values, just how the file itself appears ( .wtf instead of .frm)

You are mixing a lot of different things.

realmlist.frm is an interal file used by MySQL to store the realmlist table. You cannot edit it directly. Learn MySQL basics (like the guide I linked above) and learn how to execute queries on a database.

realmlist.wtf is a WoW client file used in versions before Cataclysm and it has nothing to do with the TC's realmlist table.

Please stop using repacks and follow our guides at the wiki. https://trinitycore.atlassian.net/wiki/display/tc/Installation+Guide