Compile or cmake problems

Joy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am having this issue also. I have not used Cmake is DEBUG at all.. But when I try and configure it to Visual 10 / 8 (x64 for my system) it gives me a tonne of errors.. Here is one of them:

CMake Error: Internal CMake error, TryCompile configure of cmake failed

Check size of unsigned long - failed

CMake Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/TestBigEndian.cmake:44 (message):

no suitable type found

Call Stack (most recent call first):

dep/mysqllite/configure.cmake:522 (TEST_BIG_ENDIAN)

dep/mysqllite/CMakeLists.txt:48 (include)

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

AND

CMake Error: Internal CMake error, TryCompile configure of cmake failed

Looking for rint - not found

Performing Test HAVE_ISINF

CMake Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeCXXInformation.cmake:37 (get_filename_component):

get_filename_component called with incorrect number of arguments

Call Stack (most recent call first):

CMakeLists.txt:3 (PROJECT)

EDIT: Downscaling my Cmake version from 2.8.10 TO 2.6.4 - DIDN'T WORK.

I am getting a real big problem with my Cmake.. I've reinstalled EVERYTHING, deleted the repo and re-cloned it.. ect, ect.. I have tried Visual C++ 2008 / 2010 and they both give same errors..

NOTE: WHEN I CONFIGURE THE 1ST TIME, IT GIVES ERROR.. THEN I UNTICK THE MYSQL SOURCES BOX AND IT GETS RID OF THE ERRORS,  BUT STILL DOESN'T FULLY GENERATE.

Here is the error:-

http://pastebin.com/0VHMP5Lu

I hope someone can help me with this, as I am really struggling to resolve it.. (I HAVE LOOKED ON THE FORUMS FOR SIMILAR ISSUES.. :S)

Fixing my GITEXTENSIONS programme as I had not installed it correctly.. EDIT: DID NOT FIX.

WARNING - Missing or outdated git - did you forget to install a recent version?

WARNING - Observe that for revision hash/date to work you need at least version 1.7

WARNING - Missing repository tags - you may need to pull tags with git fetch -t

WARNING - Continuing anyway - note that the versionstring will be set to 0000-00-00 00:00:00 (Archived)

this might be trying to tell you something.. just maybe

The C compiler identification is unknown
The CXX compiler identification is unknown
Detected 32-bit platform

I have visual C++ 2010 express with service pack 1.. I got the 2008 aswell... So you're asking I redownload them? Well i've done it, so i'll do it again.. -.-'

+08keelr

Did you actually specify the compiler or did you just click "use default native compilers"? I've found on my

sytem (with both VS6 and VS9 installed) that doesn't work and I need to manually input them:

1. Delete your CMake cache (File -> Delete Cache)

2. Click "Configure"

3. On the dialog select "specify native compilers"

4. Click Next

5. In the box for "C" and "C++", browse to your C++ installation and select "CL.exe"

6. Click "Finish"

7. Select (or deselect) any options you want on the main screen

8. Click "Configure"

9. Cick "Configure"

10. Click "Generate"

This shoud work with both VS9 and VS10. For whatever reason the "use default native compilers" option seems broken on some systems.

The nice thing is when you rerun CMake later, the path you chose for CL.exe is saved so you can skip

step #5 and just click "next".

+08keelr

Did you actually specify the compiler or did you just click "use default native compilers"? I've found on my

sytem (with both VS6 and VS9 installed) that doesn't work and I need to manually input them:

1. Delete your CMake cache (File -> Delete Cache)

2. Click "Configure"

3. On the dialog select "specify native compilers"

4. Click Next

5. In the box for "C" and "C++", browse to your C++ installation and select "CL.exe"

6. Click "Finish"

7. Select (or deselect) any options you want on the main screen

8. Click "Configure"

9. Cick "Configure"

10. Click "Generate"

This shoud work with both VS9 and VS10. For whatever reason the "use default native compilers" option seems broken on some systems.

The nice thing is when you rerun CMake later, the path you chose for CL.exe is saved so you can skip

step #5 and just click "next".

Thanks a lot for that, I am going to test it once i've finished installing my Visual Studio.

Yeah, I used to have this problem when I had an IDE based on VS for building WOW Addons (WOW Addon Studio) installed, it kept picking up the cl.exe from that, even though I clearly told it I was using the latest compiler at the time...

Sounds like someone needs to open (or add on to, if already existing) an issue on the cmake bug tracker.

Hello all,

I am trying to compile TrinityCore on MacOSX 10.8.2.

I get a compilation error at 99% of the following:

/Users/kking/ws/TrinityCore/src/tools/vmap4_extractor/vmapexport.cpp:472:9: fatal error: no matching function for call to 'mkdir'
if (mkdir(szWorkDirWmo
^~~~~
/usr/include/sys/stat.h:434:5: note: candidate function not viable: requires 2 arguments, but 1 was provided
int mkdir(const char *, mode_t);
^
1 error generated.
make[2]: *** [src/tools/vmap4_extractor/CMakeFiles/vmap4extractor.dir/vmapexport.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/tools/vmap4_extractor/CMakeFiles/vmap4extractor.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

This seems like a problem with including the right sys headers, but I really am not sure.

Does anyone have an idea on how to remedy this?
Thanks so much in advance. I am excited to contribute to this awesome product.
-Kevin

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a problem whith compilation : (at 34%)

make[2]: *** Pas de règle pour fabriquer la cible « /usr/lib/libssl.so », nécessaire pour « src/server/authserver/authserver ». Arrêt.
make[1]: *** [src/server/authserver/CMakeFiles/authserver.dir/all] Erreur 2
make[1]: *** Attente des tâches non terminées....

What is the problem ?

I use this line to make :

cmake ../ -DPREFIX=/home/*********/Bureau/TrinityCoreBin
make -j 2

regards

• Aokromes changed the title to Compile or cmake problems
  • Aokromes locked this topic
  • Carbenium unlocked this topic
  • Aokromes pinned and locked this topic
  • Aokromes featured and featured this topic
  • Aokromes pinned this topic