TrinityCore

Dbc, Maps, mmaps, Vmaps problems

Munga

Where was WoW installed on the old computer you copied from? I know Vista and Windows 7 can put file and folder permissions on stuff in certain folders and it's possible those copy from the old computer. If that happened you'd have to use the advanced permissions crap and take ownership. Just a thought.

Where was WoW installed on the old computer you copied from? I know Vista and Windows 7 can put file and folder permissions on stuff in certain folders and it's possible those copy from the old computer. If that happened you'd have to use the advanced permissions crap and take ownership. Just a thought.

Thanks for the reply. My World of Warcraft was installed on a Windows XP system. All administrators/users (which is only 1 account on the pc) have full control/read/write permissions on the folder. I don't know what else I could say about this. I will be testing this on another PC with the same version of windows (64bit win 7)

UPDATE: Just ran it from my other PC, same specs/software as this one and it seems to be working. No idea what is the problem

Edited by James

My guess would be bad hard drive or RAM. One bad sector on a HD being used by data for the extractor or Windows swap could cause crazy failures. Bad RAM not normally used by regular use could be used during the large vmap extraction process causing it to fail. Or just some strange hardware incompatibility the extractor doesn't like.

Well, the error is generated with this code so I would guess you've got the extractors in the wrong place:

bool TileAssembler::readMapSpawns()

{

std::string fname = iSrcDir + "/dir_bin";

FILE* dirf = fopen(fname.c_str(), "rb");

if (!dirf)

{

printf("Could not read dir_bin file!\n");

return false;

}

This is the CMD script I use on XP without any problems, give it a shot:

@echo off

cls

REM	  Place the following in your WoW root (the folder that has wow.exe)

REM

REM	  * This CMD file

REM	  * mapextractor.exe

REM	  * vmap4extractor.exe

REM	  * vmap4assembler.exe

REM

REM	  Then run this CMD file

ECHO.

ECHO Extracting DBCs and Maps...

mapextractor.exe

ECHO.

ECHO Extracting VMAPs

vmap4extractor.exe

ECHO.

ECHO Building VMAPs

md vmaps

vmap4assembler.exe Buildings vmaps

ECHO.

ECHO Press any key to exit

PAUSE > NUL

Well, the error is generated with this code so I would guess you've got the extractors in the wrong place:

This is the CMD script I use on XP without any problems, give it a shot:

Hiya,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I have tried the CMD script, and it seems to produce the same error. The Map Extractor works perfectly, but when it reaches executing the vmap4extractor, it bugs up

I do have the vmap files in my WoW WOTLK 3.3.5a folder, and it does indeed work on my other PC, so I think using the extractors on my other pc will temporarily fix the problem I'm having.

Edited by James

Hello all, i have compiled my own trinity core on windows 7, and cant seem to get the maps/vmaps to extract it opens starts to extract for like a milisecond and then closes plz help me

EDIT: i posted here by mistake thinking that i created my own thread fyi@ the "Very Smart" "all Knowing" moderator that replied to my thread

Edited by nipdip

Hello all, i have compiled my own trinity core on windows 7, and cant seem to get the maps/vmaps to extract it opens starts to extract for like a milisecond and then closes plz help me

EDIT: i posted here by mistake thinking that i created my own thread fyi@ the "Very Smart" "all Knowing" moderator that replied to my thread

So, you are admitting that you broke the rules? And trying to insult the moderator that was nice enough to merge your first thread here? People like you deserve no help or support.

Edit: Boy, do I wish I was still a moderator...

So, you are admitting that you broke the rules? And trying to insult the moderator that was nice enough to merge your first thread here? People like you deserve no help or support.

fuck u the and the moderators u need to move out of mommys basement and get a fcking life fck face fags have fun fcking each other suckup bitch

Juvenile babbling not worth quoting

I have my disagreements with some of the MOD actions here but you just completely lost your argument by being an idiot. You'll find it pretty hard to get any sympathy or help from anyone unless you "grow up and move out of mommy's basement". You'll be lucky to even read my reply since you'll probably get banned outright and frankly you'd deserve it. At the very least you owe every MOD here more respect than you've just shown since they work here for free cleaning up after infantile people like you.

• Upvote 1

fuck u the and the moderators u need to move out of mommys basement and get a fcking life fck face fags have fun fcking each other suckup bitch

With this behavior, you have nothing in this life ..

@all

The current extractors are working perfectly.I tested now. ( latest )

• Upvote 1

Hi guys.

I recently compiled my own server with the latest ( SHA: a1a7a2d7c06e9a8d1cbf3a8901d8d134dcd1ee6a ) code. I have been able to complete everything as stated in http://www.trinitycore.info/How-to:Win. I am on Windows 7, 64-bit, but all the tools I'm using are indeed 32-bit. DBC and MAPS went down without a hitch and then I got into trouble with VMAPS. The solution I used was (and as is mostly the solution in Windows) to start up the CMD in admin. mode before running the .bat file. All working quite fine now. Hope this helps someone with the same problem.

Regards ,

Phillip.

start up the CMD in admin. mode before running the .bat file. All working quite fine now. Hope this helps someone with the same problem.

Yes that will solve a lot of problems on Vista and Windows 7. I believe the default install location (program files) has elevated security and requires an admin command prompt for the extractors to work. I think my WoW is on another partition and didn't require an admin command prompt but I may be wrong since I frequently open command prompts as admin out of habit now.

Hi

I have the following error when I start the Mapextractor.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/24/fehlermeldungk.jpg/

it says i have to check weather i have an 32 or 64 bit system and then download the correct one.

I tryed it on both systems but it does not work .

And i should get in touch with the developer which Im doing now.

Sorry for bad englisch