TrinityCore

Compile or cmake problems

Joy

I sugest you to stay on cmake 2.8.12

Ok, I'll grab that one

and, git 1.7?

I double checked the wiki and it doesn't specify a GIT version and the macro file says 1.7 is the minimum but not that it's required.

At any rate, I ended up uninstalling GIT (again) and reinstalling a lower version and things seem fine now. I think the problem was that TortoiseGit had a lingering process that was keeping my old GIT running so it didn't fully uninstall the first time. I ended up with two versions and it borked my PATH variable.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi mitar95x ,

Your error is simple "ITS IN RED AT THE BOTTOM OF CMAKE"

Install Git correctly !

Follow the wiki guide it is there to help you .

Also if the path is incorrect too because you used directories other than C: to install Git then check the "Advanced box" in Cmake and see where it is looking for the Git extensions .

You would not have this issue if you had read the wiki , as it states the required software and setup , Please take time to read it ! 

Can you send me link that i can follow?

I have a problem with the compilation, pops up this error:

error C1189: # error: sizeof (void *) is neither sizeof (int) nor sizeof (long) nor sizeof (long long) (C:  TC2  TrinityCore  dep  mysqllite  libmysql  get_password.c) C:  TC2  TrinityCore  dep  mysqllite  include  my_global.h 947 1 libmysql

rev: fd910567ec

Compiler: VS2013 Ultimate Update 2

Cmake 2.8

Git: 1.9.4

MySQL Community 5.5

CMake Warning (dev) in dep/mysqllite/CMakeLists.txt:
  Policy CMP0043 is not set: Ignore COMPILE_DEFINITIONS_<Config> properties.
  Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0043" for policy details.  Use the cmake_policy
  command to set the policy and suppress this warning.
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

Ok already did it, - all is well

Edited by alfa

[ 99%] Building CXX object src/server/worldserver/CMakeFiles/worldserver.dir/WorldThread/WorldRunnable.cpp.o
[ 99%] Building CXX object src/server/worldserver/CMakeFiles/worldserver.dir/Main.cpp.o
[ 99%] Building CXX object src/server/worldserver/CMakeFiles/worldserver.dir/Master.cpp.o
[100%] Building CXX object src/server/worldserver/CMakeFiles/worldserver.dir/PrecompiledHeaders/worldPCH.cpp.o
Linking CXX executable worldserver
/usr/bin/ld: no se puede encontrar -lncurses
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [src/server/worldserver/worldserver] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/server/worldserver/CMakeFiles/worldserver.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
root@ns320780:~/TrinityCore/build# make install
[  2%] Built target jemalloc
[  7%] Built target g3dlib
[  7%] Built target Detour
[  8%] Built target Recast
[  9%] Built target gsoap
[ 10%] Built target mpq
[ 10%] Built target revision.h
[ 10%] Built target sharedPCH.cpp_dephelp
[ 10%] Built target generate_sharedPCH.cpp
[ 14%] Built target shared
[ 14%] Built target gamePCH.cpp_dephelp
[ 14%] Built target generate_gamePCH.cpp
[ 32%] Built target game
[ 32%] Built target collisionPCH.cpp_dephelp
[ 32%] Built target generate_collisionPCH.cpp
[ 33%] Built target collision
[ 33%] Built target authPCH.cpp_dephelp
[ 34%] Built target generate_authPCH.cpp
[ 35%] Built target authserver
[ 35%] Built target ScriptPCH.cpp_dephelp
[ 35%] Built target generate_ScriptPCH.cpp
[ 97%] Built target scripts
[ 97%] Built target worldPCH.cpp_dephelp
[ 97%] Built target generate_worldPCH.cpp
/usr/bin/ld: no se puede encontrar -lncurses
root@ns320780:~/TrinityCore/build# cd ~/TrinityCore/
root@ns320780:~/TrinityCore# git pull origin master
 * branch            master     -> FETCH_HEAD
Already up-to-date.

Ubuntu Server 14.04

Wiki:

If you are using Ubuntu 13.04, Debian 7 or some 2013 linux distributions you will also need:sudo apt-get install libncurses5-dev

Thank you! 

Install the project...
-- Install configuration: "Release"
-- Installing: /root/server/bin/authserver
-- Set runtime path of "/root/server/bin/authserver" to "/usr/local/lib"
-- Installing: /root/server/conf/authserver.conf.dist
-- Installing: /root/server/bin/worldserver
-- Set runtime path of "/root/server/bin/worldserver" to "/usr/local/lib"
-- Installing: /root/server/conf/worldserver.conf.dist

alguém pode me mandar uns script na versão c++ 2013  os meus não pega mas !!! nessa atualizacao

These boards are English Language, and the google translation doesn't make much sense, either...

can someone send me a script in version c 2013, but do not take my! this Update

Last Revision of Trinitycore

Last Debian 7.5

Full coppy of How to Linux http://collab.kpsn.org/display/tc/How-to_Linux

fro-wow@debian:~/TrinityCore/build$ cmake ../ -DPREFIX=/home/fro-wow/izmis len -DCONF_DIR=/home/fro-wow/izmislen/conf -DLIBSDIR=/home/fro-wow/izmisle n/lib -DTOOLS=1 -DWITH_WARNINGS=1

-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/fro-wow/TrinityCore/build

Then i do ( make -j 2 ) i try and with ( make ) And only errors

[ 16%] Building CXX object src/server/shared/CMakeFiles/shared.dir/Utilities/Uti l.cpp.o
In file included from /home/frozen-wow/TrinityCore/src/server/shared/Utilities/U til.cpp:22:0:
/home/fro-wow/TrinityCore/dep/SFMT/SFMT.h: In member function ‘void SFMTRand: :RandomInit(int)’:
/home/fro-wow/TrinityCore/dep/SFMT/SFMT.h:172:29: warning: dereferencing type -punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules [-Wstrict-aliasing]

[ 18%] Building CXX object src/server/scripts/CMakeFiles/scripts.dir/Spells/spel l_generic.cpp.o
/home/fro-wow/TrinityCore/src/server/scripts/Spells/spell_generic.cpp: In mem ber function ‘void spell_gen_clone_weapon_aura::spell_gen_clone_weapon_auraScrip t::OnApply(const AuraEffect*, AuraEffectHandleModes)’:
/home/fro-wow/TrinityCore/src/server/scripts/Spells/spell_generic.cpp:833:32: warning: suggest explicit braces to avoid ambiguous ‘else’ [-Wparentheses]
/home/fro-wow/TrinityCore/src/server/scripts/Spells/spell_generic.cpp:849:32: warning: suggest explicit braces to avoid ambiguous ‘else’ [-Wparentheses]

[ 20%] Building CXX object src/server/game/CMakeFiles/game.dir/AuctionHouse/Auct ionHouseBot/AuctionHouseBot.cpp.o
[ 20%] Building CXX object src/server/scripts/CMakeFiles/scripts.dir/Spells/spel l_item.cpp.o
/home/fro-wow/TrinityCore/src/server/game/AuctionHouse/AuctionHouseBot/Auctio nHouseBot.cpp: In member function ‘void AuctionHouseBot::Update()’:
/home/fro-wow/TrinityCore/src/server/game/AuctionHouse/AuctionHouseBot/Auctio nHouseBot.cpp:728:85: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer ex pressions [-Wsign-compare]
/home/fro-wow/TrinityCore/src/server/game/AuctionHouse/AuctionHouseBot/Auctio nHouseBot.cpp:737:82: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer ex pressions [-Wsign-compare]
/home/fro-wow/TrinityCore/src/server/game/AuctionHouse/AuctionHouseBot/Auctio nHouseBot.cpp:747:80: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer ex pressions [-Wsign-compare]

[ 23%] Building CXX object src/server/scripts/CMakeFiles/scripts.dir/Commands/cs _ah_bot.cpp.o
/home/fro-wow/TrinityCore/src/server/scripts/Commands/cs_ah_bot.cpp: In stati c member function ‘static bool ah_bot_commandscript::HandleAHBotOptionsCommand(C hatHandler*, const char*)’:
/home/fro-wow/TrinityCore/src/server/scripts/Commands/cs_ah_bot.cpp:101:55: w arning: passing NULL to non-pointer argument 3 of ‘void AuctionHouseBot::Command s(uint32, uint32, uint32, char*)’ [-Wconversion-null]
/home/fro-wow/TrinityCore/src/server/scripts/Commands/cs_ah_bot.cpp:112:57: w arning: passing NULL to non-pointer argument 3 of ‘void AuctionHouseBot::Command s(uint32, uint32, uint32, char*)’ [-Wconversion-null]
/home/fro-wow/TrinityCore/src/server/scripts/Commands/cs_ah_bot.cpp:123:57: w arning: passing NULL to non-pointer argument 3 of ‘void AuctionHouseBot::Command s(uint32, uint32, uint32, char*)’ [-Wconversion-null]
/home/fro-wow/TrinityCore/src/server/scripts/Commands/cs_ah_bot.cpp:237:56: w arning: passing NULL to non-pointer argument 3 of ‘void AuctionHouseBot::Command s(uint32, uint32, uint32, char*)’ [-Wconversion-null]
/home/fro-wow/TrinityCore/src/server/scripts/Commands/cs_ah_bot.cpp:454:58: w arning: passing NULL to non-pointer argument 3 of ‘void AuctionHouseBot::Command s(uint32, uint32, uint32, char*)’ [-Wconversion-null]
/home/fro-wow/TrinityCore/src/server/scripts/Commands/cs_ah_bot.cpp:466:58: w arning: passing NULL to non-pointer argument 3 of ‘void AuctionHouseBot::Command s(uint32, uint32, uint32, char*)’ [-Wconversion-null]

[ 28%] Building CXX object src/server/scripts/CMakeFiles/scripts.dir/Custom/Tran smogrification.cpp.o
/home/fro-wow/TrinityCore/src/server/scripts/Custom/Transmogrification.cpp:93 :13: warning: unused parameter ‘session’ [-Wunused-parameter]
/home/fro-wow/TrinityCore/src/server/scripts/Custom/Transmogrification.cpp: I n member function ‘bool Transmogrification::CanTransmogrifyItemWithItem(Player*, const ItemTemplate*, const ItemTemplate*) const’:
/home/fro-wow/TrinityCore/src/server/scripts/Custom/Transmogrification.cpp:42 1:79: warning: suggest parentheses around ‘&&’ within ‘||’ [-Wparentheses]

Linking CXX static library libscripts.a
[ 99%] Built target scripts
Scanning dependencies of target worldserver
[ 99%] [ 99%] Building CXX object src/server/worldserver/CMakeFiles/worldserver. dir/CommandLine/CliRunnable.cpp.o
Building CXX object src/server/worldserver/CMakeFiles/worldserver.dir/RemoteAcce ss/RARunnable.cpp.o
[ 99%] Building CXX object src/server/worldserver/CMakeFiles/worldserver.dir/Rem oteAccess/RASocket.cpp.o
[ 99%] Building CXX object src/server/worldserver/CMakeFiles/worldserver.dir/TCS oap/TCSoap.cpp.o
[ 99%] Building CXX object src/server/worldserver/CMakeFiles/worldserver.dir/Wor ldThread/WorldRunnable.cpp.o
[ 99%] Building CXX object src/server/worldserver/CMakeFiles/worldserver.dir/Mai n.cpp.o
[ 99%] Building CXX object src/server/worldserver/CMakeFiles/worldserver.dir/Mas ter.cpp.o
[100%] Building CXX object src/server/worldserver/CMakeFiles/worldserver.dir/Pre compiledHeaders/worldPCH.cpp.o
[100%] Built target worldserver
You have new mail in /var/mail/fro-wow

When i try with full clean Trinitycore i got this errors only.

[ 16%] Building CXX object src/server/shared/CMakeFiles/shared.dir/Utilities/Uti l.cpp.o
In file included from /home/frozen-wow/TrinityCore/src/server/shared/Utilities/U til.cpp:22:0:
/home/fro-wow/TrinityCore/dep/SFMT/SFMT.h: In member function ‘void SFMTRand: :RandomInit(int)’:
/home/fro-wow/TrinityCore/dep/SFMT/SFMT.h:172:29: warning: dereferencing type -punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules [-Wstrict-aliasing]

[ 18%] Building CXX object src/server/scripts/CMakeFiles/scripts.dir/Spells/spel l_generic.cpp.o
/home/fro-wow/TrinityCore/src/server/scripts/Spells/spell_generic.cpp: In mem ber function ‘void spell_gen_clone_weapon_aura::spell_gen_clone_weapon_auraScrip t::OnApply(const AuraEffect*, AuraEffectHandleModes)’:
/home/fro-wow/TrinityCore/src/server/scripts/Spells/spell_generic.cpp:833:32: warning: suggest explicit braces to avoid ambiguous ‘else’ [-Wparentheses]
/home/fro-wow/TrinityCore/src/server/scripts/Spells/spell_generic.cpp:849:32: warning: suggest explicit braces to avoid ambiguous ‘else’ [-Wparentheses]

Hi there, maybe you can help me:

I randomly get this error when trying to compile, I can't really see a pattern or anything. It appeared overnight too, I didn't change anything at all..Reseted the settings in VS and CMake, but it didn't help. Also tried to run VS with admin rights, didnt help either. Here's the error:

Error	1	error MSB4018: The "CustomBuild" task failed unexpectedly.
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:AppDataLocalTemptmp10d50bf02b68438dbc2a1c072cec2555.cmd' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
   at Microsoft.Build.Utilities.ToolTask.Execute()
   at Microsoft.Build.CPPTasks.TrackedVCToolTask.Execute()
   at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()
   at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.<ExecuteInstantiatedTask>d__20.MoveNext()	C:Program Files (x86)MSBuildMicrosoft.Cppv4.0V120Microsoft.CppCommon.targets	170	5	ZERO_CHECK

Error	2	error MSB4018: The "CustomBuild" task failed unexpectedly.
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:AppDataLocalTemptmpb812a98a59ac4d64bb48ad115d01b48a.cmd' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
   at Microsoft.Build.Utilities.ToolTask.Execute()
   at Microsoft.Build.CPPTasks.TrackedVCToolTask.Execute()
   at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()
   at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.<ExecuteInstantiatedTask>d__20.MoveNext()	C:Program Files (x86)MSBuildMicrosoft.Cppv4.0V120Microsoft.CppCommon.targets	170	5	revision.h

Warning	3	warning MSB5018: Failed to delete the temporary file "D:AppDataLocalTemptmpc60fe0f50b8f4052893c7913f7a6983b.exec.cmd". Access to the path 'D:AppDataLocalTemptmpc60fe0f50b8f4052893c7913f7a6983b.exec.cmd' is denied.	C:Program Files (x86)MSBuildMicrosoft.Cppv4.0V120Microsoft.CppCommon.targets	132	5	authserver

Any ideas? Btw a simple recompile will do the trick most of the time, but it's really annoying to compile 2-3 times :/

Greets:

I'm hoping someone can help me as well.  I'm trying to install the software and am having an issue right at the very end of the make command.

I'm installing this on Ubuntu 13.03 32bit.  Versions are:

ACE 6.0.3
MySQL 5.5.37
CMake 2.8.11.2
OpenSSL 1.0.1e
GCC 4.8.1

Using the following for the cmake command.  I just add that for reference:

cmake ../ -DPREFIX=/home/testuser/server -DCONF_DIR=/home/testuser/server/conf -DLIBSDIR=/home/testuser/server/lib -DTOOLS=1 -DWITH_WARNINGS=1

I'm following these instructions:

http://collab.kpsn.org/display/tc/How-to_Linux

And I'm receiving the following output with the errors included:

[ 97%] Building CXX object src/server/worldserver/CMakeFiles/worldserver.dir/WorldThread/WorldRunnable.cpp.o
[ 97%] Building CXX object src/server/worldserver/CMakeFiles/worldserver.dir/Main.cpp.o
[ 97%] Building CXX object src/server/worldserver/CMakeFiles/worldserver.dir/Master.cpp.o
[ 98%] Building CXX object src/server/worldserver/CMakeFiles/worldserver.dir/PrecompiledHeaders/worldPCH.cpp.o
../game/libgame.a(BattlegroundDS.cpp.o): In function `BattlegroundDS::StartingEventOpenDoors()':
BattlegroundDS.cpp:(.text+0x248): undefined reference to `Battleground::_GetPlayer(std::_Rb_tree_const_iterator<std::pair<unsigned long long const, BattlegroundPlayer> >, char const*) const'
../game/libgame.a(Arena.cpp.o): In function `Arena::RemovePlayerAtLeave(unsigned long long, bool, bool)':
Arena.cpp:(.text+0x789): undefined reference to `Battleground::_GetPlayer(unsigned long long, bool, char const*) const'
../game/libgame.a(Arena.cpp.o): In function `Arena::EndBattleground(unsigned int)':
Arena.cpp:(.text+0x1158): undefined reference to `Battleground::_GetPlayer(unsigned long long, bool, char const*) const'

The only reference I can find for this error with a couple different searches is this recent pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/c8Sdk4bW

I had hoped that whoever had recently posted that would have come along to follow up but I guess not.

I thank you for your assistance.

-drmike

edit: I forgot to mention that I;ve gone back about 20 pages in this thread as well as scanned this subforum as well as the solved subforum but to no avail.

Edited by drmike

Boost is now part of master, new requierement libs for linux:

libboost-dev libboost-thread-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-program-options-dev

http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost-binaries/1.55.0-build2/boost_1_55_0-msvc-12.0-64.exe/download or

http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost-binaries/1.55.0-build2/boost_1_55_0-msvc-12.0-32.exe/download for windows.

Boost is now part of master, new requierement libs for linux:

libboost-dev libboost-thread-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-program-options-dev

http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost-binaries/1.55.0-build2/boost_1_55_0-msvc-12.0-64.exe/download or

http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost-binaries/1.55.0-build2/boost_1_55_0-msvc-12.0-32.exe/download for windows.

Is a specific version required?  I ask because the versions you're linking to are 1.55 while the apt-get pulled 1.53.

Thanks

edit: Never mind.  I noticed that the first post in this thread got edited.  You need at least v1.49 so I'm fine.

Thanks again

Edited by drmike

Hi all,

have just pulled a copy of Trinity core, applied the Boost library and have done all that, when I come to compile using Visual studio, I end up with the following error:

Error 1 error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/asio/io_service.hpp': No such file or directory D:core2srcserversharedLoggingLog.h 26 1 shared
Error 2 error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/asio/io_service.hpp': No such file or directory D:core2srcserversharedLoggingLog.h 26 1 collision
Error 3 error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/asio/io_service.hpp': No such file or directory D:core2srcserversharedLoggingLog.h 26 1 collision
Error 4 error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/asio/io_service.hpp': No such file or directory D:core2srcserversharedLoggingLog.h 26 1 collision
Error 5 error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/asio/io_service.hpp': No such file or directory D:core2srcserversharedLoggingLog.h 26 1 collision
Error 6 error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/asio/io_service.hpp': No such file or directory D:core2srcserversharedLoggingLog.h 26 1 collision
Error 7 error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/asio/io_service.hpp': No such file or directory D:core2srcserversharedLoggingLog.h 26 1 collision
Error 8 error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/asio/io_service.hpp': No such file or directory D:core2srcserversharedLoggingLog.h 26 1 game
Error 9 error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/asio/io_service.hpp': No such file or directory D:core2srcserversharedLoggingLog.h 26 1 scripts
Error 10 error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/property_tree/ptree.hpp': No such file or directory D:core2srcserversharedConfigurationConfig.h 25 1 authserver
Error 11 error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/asio/io_service.hpp': No such file or directory D:core2srcserversharedLoggingLog.h 26 1 worldserver

Any ideas what the issue possibly issue? I tried to apply the file /boost/asio/io_service.hpp manually to ALL_BUILD but this didn't help.

Regards.

In case anyone was getting Cmake error like me:

No BOOST_ROOT environment variable could be found! Please make sure it is
set and the points to your Boost installation.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:57 (include)

Install "Boost" in "C:/" and rename line 57 "include(ConfigureBoost)" in "CMakeLists.txt" to "set (ENV{BOOST_ROOT} "C:/Boost")".

http://www.boost.org/

Edited by Crysicle

Hi all,

have just pulled a copy of Trinity core, applied the Boost library and have done all that, when I come to compile using Visual studio, I end up with the following error:

Any ideas what the issue possibly issue? I tried to apply the file /boost/asio/io_service.hpp manually to ALL_BUILD but this didn't help.

Regards.

You haven't installed boost correctly. Download it from http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost-binaries/1.55.0-build2/boost_1_55_0-msvc-12.0-64.exe/download (64 bits) or http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost-binaries/1.55.0-build2/boost_1_55_0-msvc-12.0-32.exe/download (32 bits).

In case anyone was getting Cmake error like me:

No BOOST_ROOT environment variable could be found! Please make sure it is

set and the points to your Boost installation.

Call Stack (most recent call first):

CMakeLists.txt:57 (include)

Install "Boost" in "C:/" and rename line 57 "include(ConfigureBoost)" in "CMakeLists.txt" to "set (ENV{BOOST_ROOT} "C:/Boost")".

http://www.boost.org/

You should NOT change any CMAkeLists.txt. All you need to do is add an enviroment variable named BOOST_ROOT with the path to Boost.

https://kb.wisc.edu/cae/page.php?id=24500

You haven't installed boost correctly. Download it from http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost-binaries/1.55.0-build2/boost_1_55_0-msvc-12.0-64.exe/download (64 bits) or http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost-binaries/1.55.0-build2/boost_1_55_0-msvc-12.0-32.exe/download (32 bits).

You should NOT change any CMAkeLists.txt. All you need to do is add an enviroment variable named BOOST_ROOT with the path to Boost.

https://kb.wisc.edu/cae/page.php?id=24500

Still having issues but I believe my issue is with the environment variable. Does the variable have to be user or system, and am I right in saying it should look something like this?:

90557aa2c0.png

Still having issues but I believe my issue is with the environment variable. Does the variable have to be user or system, and am I right in saying it should look something like this?:

90557aa2c0.png

Yes, that looks correct. I think it doesn't matter if it is user or system but I've set it in system.

• Aokromes changed the title to Compile or cmake problems
  • Aokromes locked this topic
  • Carbenium unlocked this topic
  • Aokromes pinned and locked this topic
  • Aokromes featured and featured this topic
  • Aokromes pinned this topic