Compile or cmake problems

Joy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Aokromes : is there a way to make the trinitycore compile under linux portable?

Im not talking about making repacks to distribute to others. Im talking about being able to compile everything on a test machine (in my case a ubuntu 14.04 x64 virtual machine with vmware) and simply copy the server files on the host that im renting and run the server there? 

In the compile tutorial we have this example 

cmake ../ -DPREFIX=/home/wow/server -DCONF_DIR=/home/wow/server/conf -DLIBSDIR=/home/wow/server/lib -DTOOLS=1 -DWITH_WARNINGS=1

However, the lib folder doesnt get created during "make install" and i think this is the reason why the server isnt portable. Am i wrong?

If yes, how can i make a portable compile of the server core? I repeat, is for own use (without having to recompile on the remote host machine) not to provide others with a repack.

BTW i want to use the 4.3.4 branch if it makes any difference.

BTW : Which version of trinitycore 4.3.4 branch is working properly (compiles without errors and runs without db errors) ???

Edited by mingdynasty

When I try to use cmake I keep getting an error:
CMake Error at cmake/compiler/msvc/settings.cmake:7 (message):
MSVC: TrinityCore requires version 18.0 (MSVC 2013) to build but found
Call Stack (most recent call first):
cmake/platform/win/settings.cmake:29 (include)
cmake/macros/CheckPlatform.cmake:13 (include)
CMakeLists.txt:48 (include)

I am using Windows 7 64-bit.
I've installed VS 2013 desktop and I've installed every C++ redistributable package from 2005 - 2012 all 32 and 64 bit versions.
I've installed the latest cmake 32bit.
I'm using VS C++ 2010 Express for my compiler.

I've restarted my computer and let Microsoft Updater run.

I've ran out of ideas, someone is getting the same thing as me as well.

I've installed VS 2013 desktop and I've installed every C++ redistributable package from 2005 - 2012 all 32 and 64 bit versions.

I'm using VS C++ 2010 Express for my compiler.

Huh? why would you install 2013 and use 2010?

• Upvote 1

I have seen many other people are having similar problems to me but ive tried everything I red and its still now working, I am completly new to this so I could be missing something completly obvious some help would be much appretiated.

ATM I'm getting this error:

The C compiler identification is unknown

The CXX compiler identification is unknown

Check for working C compiler: bcc32

CMake Error: your C compiler: "bcc32" was not found. Please set CMAKE_C_COMPILER to a valid compiler path or name.

CMake Error: Internal CMake error, TryCompile configure of cmake failed

Check for working C compiler: bcc32 -- broken

CMake Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.6/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:32 (MESSAGE):

The C compiler "bcc32" is not able to compile a simple test program.

It fails with the following output:

CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.

CMakeLists.txt:12 (project)

CMake Error: your C compiler: "bcc32" was not found. Please set CMAKE_C_COMPILER to a valid compiler path or name.

CMake Error: your CXX compiler: "bcc32" was not found. Please set CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to a valid compiler path or name.

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm following http://collab.kpsn.org/display/tc/How-to_Win and I'm on configuring and generating visual C++ solutions with CMake; Step 3

I have all the programs in the list installed and have installed 3 different versions of Visual C++ Express, It seems like this might be the problem from what I've red but I don't know which other versions to install at this point...

I have 2010 installed which I've red no longer works, one that was commented at the bottom of the guide (Visual C++ Express 2013 for Windows) and the last one I forget.

Again I am compltetly new when it comes to this stuff sorry for wasting your time if this is a simple problem but I just cant get it to work for the life of me.

That's odd. I know a server here in Romania that uses trinityCore and they have 4.3.4 working at least 95% for like a couple a' months now... (wow.private server linkin is forbidden.ro). Im not advertising or anything. It's not my server and the owner is a jackass called "Shockeru". It's just that they have a really great server made with Trinity. :)

That's odd. I know a server here in Romania that uses trinityCore and they have 4.3.4 working at least 95% for like a couple a' months now... (wow.private server linkin is forbidden.ro). Im not advertising or anything. It's not my server and the owner is a jackass called "Shockeru". It's just that they have a really great server made with Trinity. :)

I like the "Im not advertising or anything". Good show old chap.. good show...

They may say that it's 95%, but what does that even mean?

You do know that you are an idiot and fell prey to those false advertising gimmicks, "Hey we have more  stuff working than the other guys, come join us!"

If you truly believe that they have a "95%" (still don't know what that means). Then go ask them for their source, why are you here?

• Upvote 1

I'm completely new to Trinity and CMAKE.

I'm attempting to compile Trinity Core for wow 4.3.4

CMAKE is 2.8.10.2

VC++ 2010 express

When i run CMKE I get the following errror. Clueless what it all means or what to do about it. Can anyone help me get this resolved?

A Pop-up box says "Error in Configuration process. project files may be invalid"

Bottom fo CMAKE gui contains the following.

The C compiler identification is MSVC 16.0.30319.1

The CXX compiler identification is MSVC 16.0.30319.1

Check for working C compiler using: Visual Studio 10

Check for working C compiler using: Visual Studio 10 -- broken

CMake Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:61 (message):

The C compiler "C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio

10.0/VC/bin/cl.exe" is not able to compile a simple test program.

It fails with the following output:

Change Dir: C:/TrinityBuild/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command:C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv4.0.30319MSBuild.exe

cmTryCompileExec912283761.vcxproj /p:Configuration=Debug

/p:VisualStudioVersion=10.0

Microsoft ® Build Engine version 4.0.30319.18408

[Microsoft .NET Framework, version 4.0.30319.18444]

Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Build started 5/4/2014 8:14:23 PM.

Project

"C:TrinityBuildCMakeFilesCMakeTmpcmTryCompileExec912283761.vcxproj" on

node 1 (default targets).

PrepareForBuild:

Creating directory "cmTryCompileExec912283761.dirDebug".

Creating directory "C:TrinityBuildCMakeFilesCMakeTmpDebug".

InitializeBuildStatus:

Creating "cmTryCompileExec912283761.dirDebugcmTryCompileExec912283761.unsuccessfulbuild" because "AlwaysCreate" was specified.

ClCompile:

C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0VCbinCL.exe /c /Zi /W3 /WX- /Od /Ob0 /Oy- /D WIN32 /D _WINDOWS /D _DEBUG /D "CMAKE_INTDIR="Debug"" /D _MBCS /Gm- /RTC1 /MDd /GS /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Fo"cmTryCompileExec912283761.dirDebug" /Fd"C:/TrinityBuild/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/Debug/cmTryCompileExec912283761.pdb" /Gd /TC /analyze- /errorReport:queue testCCompiler.c /Zm1000

Microsoft ® 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 16.00.30319.01 for 80x86

Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

cl /c /Zi /W3 /WX- /Od /Ob0 /Oy- /D WIN32 /D _WINDOWS /D _DEBUG /D "CMAKE_INTDIR="Debug"" /D _MBCS /Gm- /RTC1 /MDd /GS /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Fo"cmTryCompileExec912283761.dirDebug" /Fd"C:/TrinityBuild/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/Debug/cmTryCompileExec912283761.pdb" /Gd /TC /analyze- /errorReport:queue testCCompiler.c /Zm1000

testCCompiler.c

ManifestResourceCompile:

C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft SDKsWindowsv7.0Abinrc.exe /nologo /fo"cmTryCompileExec912283761.dirDebugcmTryCompileExec912283761.exe.embed.manifest.res" cmTryCompileExec912283761.dirDebugcmTryCompileExec912283761_manifest.rc

Link:

C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0VCbinlink.exe /ERRORREPORT:QUEUE /OUT:"C:TrinityBuildCMakeFilesCMakeTmpDebugcmTryCompileExec912283761.exe" /INCREMENTAL /NOLOGO kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib /MANIFEST /ManifestFile:"cmTryCompileExec912283761.dirDebugcmTryCompileExec912283761.exe.intermediate.manifest" /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /DEBUG /PDB:"C:/TrinityBuild/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/Debug/cmTryCompileExec912283761.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE /STACK:"10000000" /TLBID:1 /DYNAMICBASE /NXCOMPAT /IMPLIB:"C:/TrinityBuild/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/Debug/cmTryCompileExec912283761.lib" /MACHINE:X86 cmTryCompileExec912283761.dirDebugcmTryCompileExec912283761.exe.embed.manifest.res

cmTryCompileExec912283761.dirDebugtestCCompiler.obj /machine:X86 /debug

LINK : fatal error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF: file invalid

or corrupt

[C:TrinityBuildCMakeFilesCMakeTmpcmTryCompileExec912283761.vcxproj]

Done Building Project

"C:TrinityBuildCMakeFilesCMakeTmpcmTryCompileExec912283761.vcxproj"

(default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:TrinityBuildCMakeFilesCMakeTmpcmTryCompileExec912283761.vcxproj"

(default target) (1) ->

(Link target) ->

LINK : fatal error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF: file invalid or corrupt [C:TrinityBuildCMakeFilesCMakeTmpcmTryCompileExec912283761.vcxproj]

0 Warning(s)

1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:02.07

CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.

CMakeLists.txt:12 (project)

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

Requirements

Platform: Linux, Windows or Mac

Processor with SSE2 support

ACE ≥ 5.8.3 (included for Windows)

MySQL ≥ 5.1.0 (included for Windows)

CMake ≥ 2.8.11.2 / 2.8.9 (Windows / Linux)

OpenSSL ≥ 1.0.0

GCC ≥ 4.7.2 (Linux only)

MS Visual Studio ≥ 12 (2013) (Windows only)

• Aokromes changed the title to Compile or cmake problems
  • Aokromes locked this topic
  • Carbenium unlocked this topic
  • Aokromes pinned and locked this topic
  • Aokromes featured and featured this topic
  • Aokromes pinned this topic