Compile or cmake problems

Joy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes thats because i have both win32 and win64 but if u read first one in the list of win64 this means the compiler will search for this one first or auto choose on the project on which arch to use

but wow on its own it seems to have resolved it self 5 hours of dealing with this thing so i post and after i post it wants to work.... the joys of coding -.-

yes thats because i have both win32 and win64 but if u read first one in the list of win64 this means the compiler will search for this one first or auto choose on the project on which arch to use

but wow on its own it seems to have resolved it self 5 hours of dealing with this thing so i post and after i post it wants to work.... the joys of coding -.-

In fact I did read, and it now shows the latest version on Visual Studio lol!

Universegaming:

good luck on the rest of the complicated messes you will have attempting to run an illegal public server, some of which will be way more complicated than figuring out that 32 != 64.

Sheldoor:

Nay needs to look closer, you were already using VS 2013, he thought you were using VS 2012... try deleting your build directory and starting over.

P.S.

I hate this fucking editor!

• Upvote 1

after I update windows (win7) visual studio was not edit the sql files in the C:Program Files (x86)MySQL

then move the files to C: MySQL include and
C: MySQL lib only "libmysql.dll and libmysql.lib" and compiled successfully.

then move back to source. (C:Program Files (x86)MySQL)

cmake in advanced config (set location of the files)

I hope this information is useful for those who have same problem.

9G5UPNz.png?1
Edited by paulinodemoura

I have the same error and I was searching for the solution for hours but I couldnt solve it.

Nay, you might wrote the solution, but I dont clearly understand what you said.

Could you explain me a little more?

I downloaded the files but where can I change the MYSQL_LIBRARY in Cmake? In the CMake.txt or in the Cmake program before generating the source?

had the same problem here, without any changes, and on fresh install(independant machine), now testing if this works for me too =)

Eddit: Tested and worked for me too, dont know why the mysql library seems to have changed =/, i had the same problem for 3.3.5 and for 4.3.4

Edited by Piripe

had the same problem here, without any changes, and on fresh install(independant machine), now testing if this works for me too =)

Eddit: Tested and worked for me too, dont know why the mysql library seems to have changed =/, i had the same problem for 3.3.5 and for 4.3.4

We dropped mysql dep from trinitycore to avoid the need of maintain it and make it work on future Visual Studio versions.

We dropped mysql dep from trinitycore to avoid the need of maintain it and make it work on future Visual Studio versions.

Thanks for the answer =), we shuld add the information of this posts to the wiki then:

You linked with the wrong mysql lib.

An easy way to fix that is to download https://github.com/T...5/mysql_lib.zip and change MYSQL_LIBRARY in CMake (enable Advanced if you don't see it) and point it to the 32 or 64 bit libmysql.lib, depending in what mode you are compiling.

In CMake, like this: ff4o5mP.png

I just pulled Commit hash:    d3cced4b03db15f1e71a1df900084fa5ed1ae02d

Now I'm getting the following error in Cmake 2.8.12.2

CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
D:/TrinityCore/src/server/game/CMakeLists.txt:16:
Parse error. Expected a command name, got unquoted argument with text "<<<<<<<".

SCRIPT PREPARATIONS

commit hash: 0892c71a16a1fc01822946bdb006eff5bdec9315
while run cmake getting these errors ...

CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
ACE_INCLUDE_DIR (ADVANCED)
   used as include directory in directory /root/wow/source/src/server/shared
   used as include directory in directory /root/wow/source/src/server/game
   used as include directory in directory /root/wow/source/src/server/collision
   used as include directory in directory /root/wow/source/src/server/authserver
   used as include directory in directory /root/wow/source/src/server/scripts
   used as include directory in directory /root/wow/source/src/server/worldserver
ACE_LIBRARY (ADVANCED)
    linked by target "shared" in directory /root/wow/source/src/server/shared
    linked by target "authserver" in directory /root/wow/source/src/server/authserver
    linked by target "worldserver" in directory /root/wow/source/src/server/worldserver

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/root/wow/source/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/root/wow/source/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

• Aokromes changed the title to Compile or cmake problems
  • Aokromes locked this topic
  • Carbenium unlocked this topic
  • Aokromes pinned and locked this topic
  • Aokromes featured and featured this topic
  • Aokromes pinned this topic