TrinityCore

Dbc, Maps, mmaps, Vmaps problems

Munga

So far iv'e tried about 4 different torrent's and they all result to about 15+ gbs, which does seem to be too small. I really found in my experience that the streaming method with MFIL's is really the best way to go. Ive been reading forums, and thats the best way even according to Blizzard. Also, the client patcher will allow the client to talk to the server (in-sync) so the menu options like "Exit Game", "Log out", and he client updates when moving in the world will work properly. It's a hack, but the only method to get it working.

Has anyone figured out how to get the actual update files for doing this "offline" or from your own server instead of using Blizzard's? I realize it's handy that this streaming can be done this way now, but, what happens when they stop hosting those updates, or change them to take you directly to the latest revision in one fell swoop?

just out of curiosity I was wondering what the issue was with the extractors for 4.3.4 was anyway

I might be answering my own question here , but was it to do with each of the expansions up to and including 4.3.4

as I am interested to see what exactly the extractors are looking for i.e is it the patch information etc

from reading the forums folk have said that certain areas/maps error or are not found , the original OP how ever said the extractors crashed

in MrSmites write up on patching from 3.3.5a to 4.3.4 he does say that there was issues with the extractors but that was a while ago so I assume

that this may have been fixed.

Has anyone figured out how to get the actual update files for doing this "offline" or from your own server instead of using Blizzard's? I realize it's handy that this streaming can be done this way now, but, what happens when they stop hosting those updates, or change them to take you directly to the latest revision in one fell swoop?

I think this is down to the information in the MFIL/TFIL file in your game I think some say "direct" or "streaming" depending on the patch information

I think CDawg said this a few posts back

example =

location=http://blizzard.vo.llnwd.net/o16/content/wow-pod-retail/NA/15050.direct/

in the wiki there used to be a section about hosting your own patches if I am not mistaken, but if it would stream to a client ?

Once they shut off or redirect the streaming, or stream newer content that makes 434 obsolete, is where there will have to be actual client downloads (more volunteers for seeders/torrents). There doesn't seem to be a problem with enGB. enGB is infested all over the internet. it's the enUS that is extremely limited for some reason. Another problem is that most of the torrents that I have managed to download is still not complete.

So yeah, good point. Blizzard flips a switch and we are screwed.

Like I said before... get it while it's hot.

ok so I am now set to run the map extractors on this 4.3.4 client I have made , are there some additional switches that I can add to the process to log the progress and errors! if any

I have looked at the additional parts of the wiki but I don't see anything and a search here just lead me to posts about errors

a heads up would be great

thank you

There are a lot of obsolete things in the mpq files, base.mpq will have a model for the taurens, for example, and update01 will have the same model with some slight change, so, they are both taking up space, but, only one of them is used, the original is ignored in favor of the updated one. Now, if you rebuild the mpqs, and drop the original model from base.mpq, you will make the client smaller by getting rid of stuff that is unused, maybe you have gotten ahold of such a modified client?

sorry Paradox

the time I posted above you , you had posted a kind of over lap I guess ....

well I did extract a lot of the mpq files as I was curious to what they contain , and your right they do contain a lot of obsolete junk

I only hope that what I have made from the rather crude link that was posted works

Maybe another reason, not to use torrents?

Out of the 4 successful torrents that downloaded out of almost 10 I tried have been modified or slightly tweaked.. Even though they weren't the correct size and also recommened to use it, log in, and "finish" streaming content while in game.. (i just don't see a point in that) just makes me now stay clear away from Cata client torrents now.

So far I havn't had a single issue with the client that I have fully streamed from Blizz's bucket servers. (enUS) (Using the DVD cata approach)

It's just ironic that I have the entire DVD collection and the card that is in all the boxes say "to share these clients with your friends!"

So... anyone know a good free cloud storage or such to upload? Because Im going to .rar the full 19.2 cata 4.3.4 15595 (un-modified) and share it with my friends!

Quote from Blizzards card:

1) Give a friend this Guest Pass Key.

2) Loan a friend your Game CDs to install World of Warcraft on his/her machine (your friend will not need the CDs to play the game after installation.)

3) Blah blah

@ CDawg

why do you say that ? sounds like your upset !

anyway I have extracted both dbc / maps / vmaps with no errors from the client I built from that link posted , so I guess mmaps will be no issue

I only now need to fight my way through the ABORTION called the 4.3.4 data base to see if I can get a 4.3.4 server running

please TC devs sort that mess out !!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Tried recompiling the vmap4 tools, and still get the this.

I Run makevmaps_simple.bat.

It makes it to WorldwmotransportsWMO_elevatorsND_Ship_UD_BG_Transport.wmo

Then crashes in Windows. I open the debug part, and it states "An unhandled win32 exception occurred in vmap4extractor.exe [12780]"

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
Using SSL version: OpenSSL 0.9.8o 01 Jun 2010 (library: OpenSSL 0.9.8o 01 Jun 2010)
Using ACE version: 6.0.3
TrinityCore rev. 95407b1b9d90 2013-07-22 00:32:46 +0200 (4.3.4 branch) (Unix, Release) (worldserver-daemon)
<Ctrl-C> to stop.

______                       __
/__  _       __          __/ __
/_/ / _ __ /_    ___ /_ , _  __  __
    /`'__/ /' _ `/ / / /
    / / / _ _
      _ _   _ _ _ _ __/`____
      /_//_/   /_//_//_//_//__/ `/___/>
                                 C O R E  /___/
http://TrinityCore.org                    /__/

Realm running as realm ID 1
Using World DB: TDB 434.05
Using enUS DBC Locale
Will clear `logs` table of entries older than 1209600 seconds every 10 minutes.
Using DataDir ./
WORLD: MMap data directory is: ./mmaps
VMap support included. LineOfSight: 1, getHeight: 1, indoorCheck: 0
VMap data directory is: ./vmaps
Loading Trinity strings...
>> Loaded 1080 Trinity strings from table trinity_string in 1 ms
Initialize data stores...
Incorrect DataDir value in worldserver.conf or ALL required *.dbc files (141) not found by path: ./dbc
wow@611:~/server_434$

Error. 

But all the data, and data dir is correct.

Whats that?

Game is 4.3.4, same as Server. 
English Client (enGB) config @ worldserver.conf is DBC LOCALE 0. (ENGB)
All DBC have an Costum Size. (21b - 30MB per File)
Edited by FammozZz_

Very likely you have an incomplete client.

141 -- is that the number of DBC files you have in your data directory? If so, you should have more like 334 files...

Okay :o

Where can i Download full? I am having 333 Files.

Edited by FammozZz_

Okay :o

Where can i Download full? I am having 333 Files.

You are having 335?

There are torrents all over, just google for the language translation you want. Some sites have the actual full client. Just don't bother with the English US edition. It's a nightmare

You are having 335?

There are torrents all over, just google for the language translation you want. Some sites have the actual full client. Just don't bother with the English US edition. It's a nightmare

^^ No. 

4.3.4 Client. 

The DBC is giving me 333 (numeric, not Version) Files.

I think it's saying that out of those 333 or whatever dbc files, only 141 are required, but, let's stop focusing on what isn't wrong and find what is. try providing more information, are you trying to use a dbc/ folder below the folder with the bins, or where it is looking for it, in /etc/ or whatever?

I think it's saying that out of those 333 or whatever dbc files, only 141 are required, but, let's stop focusing on what isn't wrong and find what is. try providing more information, are you trying to use a dbc/ folder below the folder with the bins, or where it is looking for it, in /etc/ or whatever?

In all Posible Server dirs. 

bin/ ./ all. 

Nothing work. 

In all Posible Server dirs. 

bin/ ./ all. 

Nothing work. 

What's your folder structure?

Assuming the current folder is where the worldserver binary is located, and map data folders are in the same directory (as in maps, dbc, vmaps, mmaps), then the "maps dir" should simply say "."

If you have them inside a child folder (for example, data), then the dir needs to read "./data"

Your path needs to be relative to the worldserver binary.

What's your folder structure?

Assuming the current folder is where the worldserver binary is located, and map data folders are in the same directory (as in maps, dbc, vmaps, mmaps), then the "maps dir" should simply say "."

If you have them inside a child folder (for example, data), then the dir needs to read "./data"

Your path needs to be relative to the worldserver binary.

... is in the same like Worldserver. 

Using "." in config