TrinityCore

Dbc, Maps, mmaps, Vmaps problems

Munga

Hi.

I create the server according to this guide https://linuxiarz.pl/1807/prywatny-serwer-world-of-warcraft-na-systemie-linux/

After starting the server I have the following problem:

TrinityCore rev. 3b66e7504642 2016-06-29 22:07:52 +0200 (3.3.5 branch) (Unix, Release, Static) (worldserver-daemon)
<Ctrl-C> to stop.

______                       __
/\__  _\       __          __/\ \__
\/_/\ \/ _ __ /\_\    ___ /\_\ \, _\  __  __
   \ \ \/\`'__\/\ \ /' _ `\/\ \ \ \/ /\ \/\ \
    \ \ \ \ \/ \ \ \/\ \/\ \ \ \ \ \_\ \ \_\ \
     \ \_\ \_\  \ \_\ \_\ \_\ \_\ \__\\/`____ \
      \/_/\/_/   \/_/\/_/\/_/\/_/\/__/ `/___/> \
                                 C O R E  /\___/
http://TrinityCore.org                    \/__/

Using configuration file /home/wow/server/etc/worldserver.conf.
Using SSL version: OpenSSL 1.0.1t  3 May 2016 (library: OpenSSL 1.0.1t  3 May 2016)
Using Boost version: 1.55.0
Updating Auth database...
>> Auth database is up-to-date! Containing 3 new and 10 archived updates.
Updating Character database...
>> Character database is up-to-date! Containing 1 new and 15 archived updates.
Updating World database...
>> World database is up-to-date! Containing 219 new and 1206 archived updates.
Realm running as realm ID 1
Using World DB: TDB 335.61
Missing name MonsterSight in config file /home/wow/server/etc/worldserver.conf, add "MonsterSight = 50.000000" to this file
Will clear `logs` table of entries older than 1209600 seconds every 10 minutes.
Using DataDir ./
WORLD: MMap data directory is: ./mmaps
VMap support included. LineOfSight: 1, getHeight: 1, indoorCheck: 1
VMap data directory is: ./vmaps
Map file './maps/0004331.map' is from an incompatible map version (MAPS v1.3), MAPS v1.8 is expected. Please pull your source, recompile tools and recreate maps using the updated mapextractor, then replace your old map files with new files.
Unable to load critical files - server shutting down !!!

Someone help me with this?

Thanks, Mezir. :)

5 hours ago, Mezir said:

Map file './maps/0004331.map' is from an incompatible map version (MAPS v1.3), MAPS v1.8 is expected. Please pull your source, recompile tools and recreate maps using the updated mapextractor, then replace your old map files with new files.
Unable to load critical files - server shutting down !!!

What you can't understand about this error? (i am serious, i need to known what to change to fix the log to stop people posting this error again)

+Mezir, it looks like you are using some maps files from long time ago (more than 2 years), so compile the core again WITH TOOLS and use the new extractors to get yourself a new set of dbcp, maps, vmaps & mmaps.

Also get used to reading the error messages more than one time, because this is a typical F.A.Q. error message. Almost everybody have had the same error as this the first time they compiled the TrinityCore source.

Edited by tkrokli

9 minutes ago, Mezir said:

Here, nothing says how to update the map.

You have how to update maps right there on the error message.

If  you need bigger fonts go to buy glasses.

1 hour ago, Aokromes said:

Please pull your source, recompile tools and recreate maps using the updated mapextractor, then replace your old map files with new files.

But how to do it? What commands you use?

When I wrote:

./mapextractor -f 0 -i "/home/wow/server/bin/maps"

I received the following reply:

Map & DBC Extractor
===================

No locales detected

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good evening. My nick on github hlainin. I try to support your project financially. Please help me with my problem. I have a client wow Draenor 6.4.2 ruRU. During the extracting of the maps i have an error.

file DBFilesClient\DeclinedWord in the archive for locale ruRu: FILE_NOT_FOUND
Unable to open file DBFilesClient\DeclinedWordCases in the archive for locale ruRu: FILE_NOT_FOUND
Unable to open file DBFilesClient\MovieOverlays in the archive for locale ruRu: FILE_NOT_FOUND
Unable to open file DBFilesClient\QuestObjectiveCliTask in the archive for locale ruRu: FILE_NOT_FOUND
Unable to open file DBFilesClient\gtAttackPower in the archive for locale ruRu: FILE_NOT_FOUND
Unable to open file DBFilesClient\gtAttackPowerRanged in the archive for locale ruRu: FILE_NOT_FOUND
Unable to open file DBFilesClient\gtAvoidanceDim in the archive for locale ruRu: FILE_NOT_FOUND
Unable to open file DBFilesClient\gtChanceToDodgeBase in the archive for locale ruRu: FILE_NOT_FOUND
Unable to open file DBFilesClient\gtChanceToParryBase in the archive for locale ruRu: FILE_NOT_FOUND
Unable to open file DBFilesClient\gtItemLevelByLevel in the archive for locale ruRu: FILE_NOT_FOUND
Unable to open file DBFilesClient\gtNPCExpectedResistPhysExp1 in the archive for locale ruRu: FILE_NOT_FOUND
Unable to open file DBFilesClient\gtNPCExpectedResistPhysExp2 in the archive for locale ruRu: FILE_NOT_FOUND
Unable to open file DBFilesClient\gtNPCExpectedResistPhysExp3 in the archive for locale ruRu: FILE_NOT_FOUND
Unable to open file DBFilesClient\gtNPCExpectedResistPhysExp4 in the archive for locale ruRu: FILE_NOT_FOUND
Unable to open file DBFilesClient\gtNPCExpectedResistPhysExp5 in the archive for locale ruRu: FILE_NOT_FOUND

I wanted to download enUS client battle.net but there is already a version of the client Legion. How to fix my error, or give a link to the client from which you can extract maps.
Thanks for the reply.

4 hours ago, hlainin said:

Good evening. My nick on github hlainin. I try to support your project financially. Please help me with my problem. I have a client wow Draenor 6.4.2 ruRU. During the extracting of the maps i have an error.

file DBFilesClient\DeclinedWord in the archive for locale ruRu: FILE_NOT_FOUND
Unable to open file DBFilesClient\DeclinedWordCases in the archive for locale ruRu: FILE_NOT_FOUND
Unable to open file DBFilesClient\MovieOverlays in the archive for locale ruRu: FILE_NOT_FOUND
Unable to open file DBFilesClient\QuestObjectiveCliTask in the archive for locale ruRu: FILE_NOT_FOUND
Unable to open file DBFilesClient\gtAttackPower in the archive for locale ruRu: FILE_NOT_FOUND
Unable to open file DBFilesClient\gtAttackPowerRanged in the archive for locale ruRu: FILE_NOT_FOUND
Unable to open file DBFilesClient\gtAvoidanceDim in the archive for locale ruRu: FILE_NOT_FOUND
Unable to open file DBFilesClient\gtChanceToDodgeBase in the archive for locale ruRu: FILE_NOT_FOUND
Unable to open file DBFilesClient\gtChanceToParryBase in the archive for locale ruRu: FILE_NOT_FOUND
Unable to open file DBFilesClient\gtItemLevelByLevel in the archive for locale ruRu: FILE_NOT_FOUND
Unable to open file DBFilesClient\gtNPCExpectedResistPhysExp1 in the archive for locale ruRu: FILE_NOT_FOUND
Unable to open file DBFilesClient\gtNPCExpectedResistPhysExp2 in the archive for locale ruRu: FILE_NOT_FOUND
Unable to open file DBFilesClient\gtNPCExpectedResistPhysExp3 in the archive for locale ruRu: FILE_NOT_FOUND
Unable to open file DBFilesClient\gtNPCExpectedResistPhysExp4 in the archive for locale ruRu: FILE_NOT_FOUND
Unable to open file DBFilesClient\gtNPCExpectedResistPhysExp5 in the archive for locale ruRu: FILE_NOT_FOUND

I wanted to download enUS client battle.net but there is already a version of the client Legion. How to fix my error, or give a link to the client from which you can extract maps.
Thanks for the reply.

You can't use 6.2.4, you need 7.0.3

error when starting Worldserver.exe  mIncorrect DataDir value in worldserver.conf or ALL required *.db2 files (188) not found by path: ./dbc/enUS/

extrack new dbc dont work , sorry my bad ingles im from  brazilian

online people can host new map so I can download

Sem título.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

I'm having a weird issue at the moment when I'm trying to start my worldserver.

DataDir is set up as default : "."

Maps, Vmaps and Mmaps are loaded correctly but for dbc I've got a really weird error:

"Incorrect DataDir value in worldserver.conf or ALL required *.db2 files (198) not found by path: ./dbc/enUS/"

The folder and sub folder dbc and enUS are both existing... 

Do you have any ideas ?

Thanks a lot guys!

Hey,

I'm doing exactly this but still I've got this issue.

Here is my Debug folder (I'll put essential files and folders):

dbc / enUS / *.db2

Maps

Mmaps

Vmaps

Bnetserver.exe

Bnetserver.conf

Worldserver.exe (launched here by double clicking)

Worldserver.conf

Edited by Justydark

• 2 weeks later...

EDIT:

I am an idiot. You need to run the following:

./mapextractor 

- Works perfect! Issue resolved for me. 

I am having a trouble extracting the contents on OS X. It seems to be default to a directory I did not define:

error opening casc storage '/Users/Steven/Data' locale enUS: FILE_NOT_FOUND

error opening casc storage '/Users/Steven/Data' locale koKR: FILE_NOT_FOUND

error opening casc storage '/Users/Steven/Data' locale frFR: FILE_NOT_FOUND

error opening casc storage '/Users/Steven/Data' locale deDE: FILE_NOT_FOUND

error opening casc storage '/Users/Steven/Data' locale zhCN: FILE_NOT_FOUND

error opening casc storage '/Users/Steven/Data' locale zhTW: FILE_NOT_FOUND

error opening casc storage '/Users/Steven/Data' locale esES: FILE_NOT_FOUND

error opening casc storage '/Users/Steven/Data' locale esMX: FILE_NOT_FOUND

error opening casc storage '/Users/Steven/Data' locale ruRU: FILE_NOT_FOUND

error opening casc storage '/Users/Steven/Data' locale ptBR: FILE_NOT_FOUND

error opening casc storage '/Users/Steven/Data' locale itIT: FILE_NOT_FOUND

However, I am indeed running it from the .app directory: 

Stevens-MacBook-Pro:World of Warcraft Steven$ open /Applications/World\ of\ Warcraft/mapextractor 

Stevens-MacBook-Pro:World of Warcraft Steven$ ls -l

total 16936

drwxrwxr-x  4 Steven  admin      136 Sep  9 13:55 Cache

drwxrwxrwx  6 Steven  admin      204 Sep  9 12:49 Data

drwxrwxr-x  3 Steven  admin      102 Sep  9 13:56 Interface

-rwxrwxrwx  1 Steven  admin        4 Sep  9 01:56 Launcher.db

drwxrwxr-x  9 Steven  admin      306 Sep  9 13:56 Logs

drwxrwxr-x  4 Steven  admin      136 Sep  9 13:56 WTF

-rwxrwxrwx  1 Steven  admin       32 Sep  9 13:55 WoW.mfil

drwxrwxrwx  3 Steven  admin      102 Sep  8 22:48 World of Warcraft Launcher.app

drwxrwxrwx  3 Steven  admin      102 Sep  8 22:48 World of Warcraft.app

-rwxr-xr-x  1 Steven  staff   765488 Sep  9 02:26 mapextractor

-rwxr-xr-x  1 Steven  staff  4698900 Sep  9 02:26 mmaps_generator

-rwxr-xr-x  1 Steven  staff  2438468 Sep  9 02:26 vmap4assembler

-rwxr-xr-x  1 Steven  staff   750756 Sep  9 02:26 vmap4extractor

Not sure why it wants to look under my name and /Data. I guess I could copy it there if it really wants it there. 

Edited by brokentechnology

New issue. Kept old post in case someone came across my issue. I run the vmap extractor and it executes without any errors, even though there are indeed errors:

[################################################################]

Can't open World\Maps\VoljinsFuneralPyre\VoljinsFuneralPyre.wdt, err=2!

Can't open World\Maps\Transport254124\Transport254124.wdt, err=2!

Can't open World\Maps\Acherus\Acherus.wdt, err=2!

Processing Map 1653

Processing Map 1670

Extract V4.03 2015_05. Work complete. No errors.

I went ahead and ran the assembler anyways, and this happens:

Creating map tree for map 0...

Cannot open vamps/0000.vmtree

Converting Model Files

Converting 6Ar_Garrisonrock_Gray_02.m2

error converting 6Ar_Garrisonrock_Gray_02.m2

exit with errors

I am going to assume this is because I am using the live client (7.0.3). However, I swore I read this is the client I can now use. Perhaps only to login and not to extract from. Let me know of anything I should try. I ran the commands as sudo and it made no difference. 

• 2 weeks later...