Joy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, i have followed the wiki guide to compile trinity core on debian. Everuthing worked fine... But yesterday i updated my debian "aptitude upgrade" and now when i try to compile i have a weird error

make[2]: *** Pas de règle pour fabriquer la cible « /usr/lib/libssl.so », nécessaire pour « src/server/authserver/authserver ». Arrêt.

make[1]: *** [src/server/authserver/CMakeFiles/authserver.dir/all] Erreur 2

make: *** [all] Erreur 2

sorry for french... it says no rule to make target /us/lib/libssl.so

Thank you for your help !

And sorry for my poor english...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all :)

have compiled a Trinity server using your wiki tutorial.

No apparent problems, until I try to start the authserver, when I get an error dialog saying

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000001d)"

I'm running a windows 2k3 Dell server (32bit),Mysql 5.5.22, using C++2008 compiler, and I've tried three times to compile this and every time it fails with this error?

Can anyone please advise me??? I'm getting desperate!!

Sounds like you're either missing the proper C++ runtimes or .NET

Thanks for replying, I've got .NET 3.5, and 4 client on the server, and C++ redistributables 2008??

I downloaded an already compiled core to try that, and the same result..

Do you think I should try C++2010 and those redists?

when I compare what the XP box has that the server doesn't, the only thing that stands out is that the XP box has .NET1.1 on it (and all the other .NET's up to 4 client).. but surely it can't be that?

Edited by RixCraven

What version of the core did you compile? A while ago there was a revision that was linked to the debug ACE dlls...

http://www.trinityco...-cryptic-error/

I know you're getting a different error but if you don't have the "latest" core then you should try pulling the source and building it again with VS 2008.

Also, check the Windows event log to see if there are any details. Most errors like these show up there which can be helpful.

Edit:

Oh, did you install OpenSSL correctly? Download the correct VC runtimes (for the OpenSSL you installed) from their website and install them, they may be a different revision and can be installed side-by-side

http://www.slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html

What version of the core did you compile? A while ago there was a revision that was linked to the debug ACE dlls...

http://www.trinityco...-cryptic-error/

I know you're getting a different error but if you don't have the "latest" core then you should try pulling the source and building it again with VS 2008.

Also, check the Windows event log to see if there are any details. Most errors like these show up there which can be helpful.

Edit:

Oh, did you install OpenSSL correctly? Download the correct VC runtimes (for the OpenSSL you installed) from their website and install them, they may be a different revision and can be installed side-by-side

http://www.slproweb....n32OpenSSL.html

Thanks for bearing with me...

event log tells me that authserver failed at address 0x0000bd71

(I dragged the compiled release to my win7 box and it ran),

I've got the SSl 2008 redist, and the core was the highest revision from 2 days ago..

since it runs on every other windows I have, could it be just 2k3 being foolish??

I'm considering a reinstall of 2k3...

again, I really appreciate your help.. I've had nothing to go on for days!

In the event log there should be an event ID. Try searching Google to see what's recommended.

Other than that, I've got nothing. It sounds like a missing file or two but without any logs or anything to go on it's a crap-shoot.

I know exactly what you mean.

I'm just reinstalling 2k3_r2, going to try with a new fresh compile.

Thankyou, for your help and your time, hopefully this will resolve the issue.

I have researched this for a while before bringing it here, and came up with nothing concrete.

Thanks again.

Rix

• 2 weeks later...

When I try to compile the current rev (commit - cce6424337ca09c286530b19545c93dec896966f) I get the following error using VS2008.

3>..\..\..\..\src\server\game\World\World.cpp(1675) : error C2146: Syntaxfehler: Fehlendes ')' vor Bezeichner 'VER_PRODUCTVERSION_STR'

3>..\..\..\..\src\server\game\World\World.cpp(1675) : error C2059: Syntaxfehler: ')'

Thats pretty weird because my SystemConfig.h is untouched.

/*

* Copyright (C) 2008-2012 TrinityCore <http://www.trinitycore.org/>

* Copyright (C) 2005-2009 MaNGOS <http://getmangos.com/>

* This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it

* under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the

* Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your

* option) any later version.

* This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT

* ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or

* FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for

* more details.

* You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along

* with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.

*/

// THIS FILE IS DEPRECATED

#ifndef TRINITY_SYSTEMCONFIG_H

#define TRINITY_SYSTEMCONFIG_H

#include "Define.h"

#include "revision.h"

#define _PACKAGENAME "TrinityCore"

#if TRINITY_ENDIAN == TRINITY_BIGENDIAN

# define _ENDIAN_STRING "big-endian"

#else

# define _ENDIAN_STRING "little-endian"

#endif

#if PLATFORM == PLATFORM_WINDOWS

# ifdef _WIN64

#  define _FULLVERSION _PACKAGENAME " rev. " VER_PRODUCTVERSION_STR " (Win64, "_BUILD_DIRECTIVE ")"

# else

#  define _FULLVERSION _PACKAGENAME " rev. " VER_PRODUCTVERSION_STR " (Win32, " _BUILD_DIRECTIVE ")"

# endif

#else

#  define _FULLVERSION _PACKAGENAME " rev. " VER_PRODUCTVERSION_STR " (Unix, " _BUILD_DIRECTIVE ")"

#endif

#endif

Mabye I missed something?

Thanks.

Error should be located in World.cpp, I don't know what you have changed but if you want you can reset and update all your sources using:

Note: you will lose all your custom changes

git reset --hard
git pull
[/code]

then try again. Or, if you don't want to lose your custom changes and want help with them, post here your modified files: http://www.trinityco.../9-custom-code/

here is a tip

World.cpp(1675

World.cpp is the file and 1675 the line number of the error

Well thanks, but I'm not that retarded to read one line. :<

LoginDatabase.PExecute("INSERT INTO uptime (realmid, starttime, uptime, revision) VALUES(%u, %u, 0, '%s')",

realmID, uint32(m_startTime), _FULLVERSION);	   // One-time query

Something is wrong with my _FULLVERSION

Yes...

-- Brian

EDIT: There is a little program that gets compiled and executed git_id, or git_config or some crap like that. If you run it in an hg repo, it gets wigged. Your alternative is to delete the .hg directory and compile the source without it being in version control -- then _FULLVERSION will be set to 0.

EDIT2: Alternatively, you can just hard code it :P

If i run the authserver.exe, i get this APPCRASH. :/ I tried on other pc, and on them, this working. I installed that operation system on the all pc, and all program, what need. I don't know, why dont run the server on my 2. PC. :/ Tried the recompile, and newest source code.

Problem-signature:

Problemevent name: APPCRASH

Programname: authserver.exe

Programversion: 0.0.0.0

Program time stamp: 4f8087d9

Error – module name: ace.dll

Error – module version: 0.0.0.0

Error – module time stamp: 4f807e9a

exception code: c000001d

exception - offset: 000547c4

Operating System Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Zonesetting-identification: 1038

Another informations: 1: 4c0d

Another informations: 2: 4c0d4d78887f76d971d5d00f1f20a433

Another informations: 3: 4c0d

Another informations: 4: 4c0d4d78887f76d971d5d00f1f20a433

Originally I was having an issue with CMake where it did not configure the gsoap project correctly as it apparently didn't have any sources listed, I edited the CMakeLists.txt file to manually input each file and then that worked.

Tried compiling the source and projects except for worldserver and authserver compile.

Here's the buildlog:

1>------ Build started: Project: revision.h, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

1>-- WARNING - Missing or outdated git - did you forget to install a recent version?

1>-- WARNING - Observe that for revision hash/date to work you need at least version 1.7

1>-- WARNING - Missing repository tags - you may need to pull tags with git fetch -t

1>-- WARNING - Continuing anyway - note that the versionstring will be set to 0000-00-00 00:00:00 (Archived)

1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\XXXXX\Documents\My Files\tc2\src\genrev\revision.h.dir\Release\BuildLog.htm"

1>revision.h - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

2>------ Build started: Project: worldserver, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

3>------ Build started: Project: authserver, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

3>Performing Pre-Link Event...

2>Performing Pre-Link Event...

3>Linking...

2>Linking...

3>zlib.lib(example.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gzgets referenced in function _test_gzio

3>zlib.lib(example.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gzungetc referenced in function _test_gzio

3>zlib.lib(example.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gzgetc referenced in function _test_gzio

3>zlib.lib(example.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gztell referenced in function _test_gzio

3>zlib.lib(example.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gzread referenced in function _test_gzio

3>zlib.lib(example.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gzclose referenced in function _test_gzio

3>zlib.lib(example.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gzseek referenced in function _test_gzio

3>zlib.lib(example.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gzprintf referenced in function _test_gzio

3>zlib.lib(example.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gzerror referenced in function _test_gzio

3>zlib.lib(example.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gzputs referenced in function _test_gzio

3>zlib.lib(example.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gzputc referenced in function _test_gzio

3>zlib.lib(example.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gzopen referenced in function _test_gzio

3>C:\Users\XXXXX\Documents\My Files\tc2\bin\Release\authserver.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 12 unresolved externals

3>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\XXXXX\Documents\My Files\tc2\src\server\authserver\authserver.dir\Release\BuildLog.htm"

3>authserver - 13 error(s), 0 warning(s)

2>zlib.lib(example.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gzgets referenced in function _test_gzio

2>zlib.lib(example.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gzungetc referenced in function _test_gzio

2>zlib.lib(example.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gzgetc referenced in function _test_gzio

2>zlib.lib(example.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gztell referenced in function _test_gzio

2>zlib.lib(example.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gzread referenced in function _test_gzio

2>zlib.lib(example.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gzclose referenced in function _test_gzio

2>zlib.lib(example.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gzseek referenced in function _test_gzio

2>zlib.lib(example.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gzprintf referenced in function _test_gzio

2>zlib.lib(example.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gzerror referenced in function _test_gzio

2>zlib.lib(example.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gzputs referenced in function _test_gzio

2>zlib.lib(example.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gzputc referenced in function _test_gzio

2>zlib.lib(example.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gzopen referenced in function _test_gzio

2>C:\Users\XXXXX\Documents\My Files\tc2\bin\Release\worldserver.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 12 unresolved externals

2>worldserver - 13 error(s), 0 warning(s)

========== Build: 1 succeeded, 2 failed, 11 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
Also, I can't generate project files with TOOLS checked in CMake as I get these errors:

You have called ADD_LIBRARY for library bzip2 without any source files. This typically indicates a problem with your CMakeLists.txt file

You have called ADD_LIBRARY for library mpq without any source files. This typically indicates a problem with your CMakeLists.txt file

CMake Error at src/tools/vmap4_extractor/CMakeLists.txt:34 (add_executable):

add_executable called with incorrect number of arguments

CMake Error at src/tools/vmap4_extractor/CMakeLists.txt:36 (target_link_libraries):

Cannot specify link libraries for target "vmap4extractor" which is not

built by this project.

This is a clean pull from the current revision and I'm trying to compile 32bit.

Relevant build specs:

Windows Vista x64 bit

Microsoft Visual Studio 2008

Thanks.

I tried on 2 PC, and on my 1. PC, working, but on other not working!

My 1. PC:

Intel core2quad

asus p5kc

2 Gb ddr2

ATI Radeon 5770

Windows 7 32bit(Onthis pc work the emu.)

My other PC:

AMD athlon XP 1800Mhz

asrock K7S8x

1,5 Gb ddr1

Windows 7 32bit(on this, dont work the emu)

The core is the lastest, from github!

I am running Fedora 16 (x64) and I keep getting the following error when I go to compile:

-- The C compiler identification is GNU

-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU

-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/lib64/ccache/gcc

-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/lib64/ccache/gcc -- works

-- Detecting C compiler ABI info

-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done

-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/lib64/ccache/c++

-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/lib64/ccache/c++ -- works

-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info

-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done

-- Detected 64-bit platform

-- UNIX: Using default configuration directory

-- UNIX: Using default library directory

-- UNIX: Configuring uninstall target

-- UNIX: Created uninstall target

-- GCC: SSE2 flags forced

-- GCC: All warnings disabled

-- Found ACE library: /usr/local/lib/libACE.so

-- Found ACE headers: /usr/local/include

-- Found OpenSSL: /usr/lib64/libssl.so;/usr/lib64/libcrypto.so

-- Using mysql-config: /usr/bin/mysql_config

-- Found MySQL library: /usr/lib64/mysql/libmysqlclient.so

-- Found MySQL headers: /usr/include/mysql

-- Found Readline library: /usr/lib64/libreadline.so

-- Include dir is: /usr/include

-- Found ZLIB: /usr/lib64/libz.so (found version "1.2.5")

-- Found BZip2: /usr/lib64/libbz2.so

-- Looking for BZ2_bzCompressInit in /usr/lib64/libbz2.so

-- Looking for BZ2_bzCompressInit in /usr/lib64/libbz2.so - found

* TrinityCore rev. hash  : 26ff19dbf82a

* TrinityCore rev. date  : 2012-04-11 13:40:17 +0200

* TrinityCore buildtype  : Release

* Install core to		: /home/trinity/server2

* Install libraries to   : /home/trinity/server2/lib

* Install configs to	 : /home/trinity/server2/etc

* Build world/auth	   : Yes (default)

* Build with scripts	 : Yes (default)

* Build map/vmap tools   : No  (default)

* Build core w/PCH	   : Yes (default)

* Build scripts w/PCH	: Yes (default)

* Show compile-warnings  : No  (default)

* Use coreside debug	 : No  (default)

-- SCRIPT PREPARATIONS

-> Prepared: Spells

-> Prepared: Commands

-> Prepared: Examples

-> Prepared: Custom

-> Prepared: World

-> Prepared: Outdoor PVP Zones

-> Prepared: Eastern Kingdoms

-> Prepared: Kalimdor

-> Prepared: Outland

-> Prepared: Northrend

-- SCRIPT PREPARATION COMPLETE

-- Configuring done

-- Generating done

-- Build files have been written to: /home/trinity/build

======================================

[ 28%] Building CXX object src/server/game/CMakeFiles/game.dir/Server/Protocol/Handlers/PetHandler.cpp.o

/home/trinity/TrinityCore/src/server/game/Server/Protocol/Handlers/PetHandler.cpp: In member function 'void WorldSession::HandlePetActionHelper(Unit*, uint64, uint16, uint16, uint64)':

/home/trinity/TrinityCore/src/server/game/Server/Protocol/Handlers/PetHandler.cpp:205:41: error: 'UNIT_STAT_FOLLOW' was not declared in this scope

/home/trinity/TrinityCore/src/server/game/Server/Protocol/Handlers/PetHandler.cpp: In member function 'void WorldSession::HandlePetCastSpellOpcode(WorldPacket&)':

/home/trinity/TrinityCore/src/server/game/Server/Protocol/Handlers/PetHandler.cpp:780:28: error: 'UNIT_STAT_FOLLOW' was not declared in this scope

make[2]: *** [src/server/game/CMakeFiles/game.dir/Server/Protocol/Handlers/PetHandler.cpp.o] Error 1

make[1]: *** [src/server/game/CMakeFiles/game.dir/all] Error 2

make: *** [all] Error 2

Here is my build script:

#!/bin/sh

clear

rm -fR /home/trinity/build

cd /home/trinity/TrinityCore																																					

git pull origin master																																						  

cd /home/trinity

mkdir build

cd build

export CFLAGS="-m64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -O3 -pipe -msse3 -fno-strength-reduce -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -fno-strict-aliasing -frename-registers -ldl -lcrypto"

cmake ../TrinityCore/ -DPREFIX=/home/trinity/server2

make

make install

cd ..

Edited by Luniz2k1

• Aokromes changed the title to Compile or cmake problems
  • Aokromes locked this topic
  • Carbenium unlocked this topic
  • Aokromes pinned and locked this topic
  • Aokromes featured and featured this topic
  • Aokromes pinned this topic