• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Specs (local):

Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit w/ Intel i5 & 4GB RAM

Specs (root):

Windows Server 2008 R2 w/ Intel Xeon &16 GB RA

You have to compile it on the same machine then. Like Paradox stated, you have conflicting .NET and/or runtimes. I've seen this a dozen times before.

Compiled on machine and doesn't run properly on the other.

It was the same problem with 32bit and 64bit, but even if both are the same platform, you may run into issues because of compatibility with the libraries

You have to compile it on the same machine then. Like Paradox stated, you have conflicting .NET and/or runtimes. I've seen this a dozen times before.

Compiled on machine and doesn't run properly on the other.

It was the same problem with 32bit and 64bit, but even if both are the same platform, you may run into issues because of compatibility with the libraries

Snick0rz and me are in a team..

I compiled it on both machines from the beginning to prevent compatibility issues. The auth- / worldserver I compiled on the root server is working just fine on my local machine but not on the root machine.

Debugged the authserver:

1. 'authserver.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:UserspyxeniumDesktopTrinityTrinityBuildbinDebugauthserver.exe'. Symbols loaded.
  2. 'authserver.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:WindowsSystem32ntdll.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
  3. 'authserver.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:WindowsSystem32kernel32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
  4. 'authserver.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:WindowsSystem32KernelBase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
  5. 'authserver.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:WindowsSystem32advapi32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
  6. 'authserver.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:WindowsSystem32msvcrt.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
  7. 'authserver.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:WindowsSystem32sechost.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
  8. 'authserver.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:WindowsSystem32rpcrt4.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
  9. 'authserver.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:UserspyxeniumDesktopTrinityTrinityBuildbinDebuglibmysql.dll'. Symbols loaded.
  10. 'authserver.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:WindowsSystem32user32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
  11. 'authserver.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:WindowsSystem32gdi32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
  12. 'authserver.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:WindowsSystem32lpk.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
  13. 'authserver.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:WindowsSystem32usp10.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
  14. 'authserver.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:UserspyxeniumDesktopTrinityTrinityBuildbinDebuglibeay32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
  15. 'authserver.exe' (Win32): Unloaded 'C:UserspyxeniumDesktopTrinityTrinityBuildbinDebuglibeay32.dll'
  16. The program '[9880] authserver.exe' has exited with code -1073741701 (0xc000007b).

Edited by pyx

You do know we DO NOT support illegal public servers, right?

Yay, we know.. It won't be a illegal public server.. It's just for testing purposes only and for me and him.. That we're in a team doesn't mean that we gonna take it public

Snick0rz and me are in a team..

I compiled it on both machines from the beginning to prevent compatibility issues. The auth- / worldserver I compiled on the root server is working just fine on my local machine but not on the root machine.

Debugged the authserver:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b0ef7ada-af8b-45ad-b10b-dc8902806776/c-error-information-cannot-find-or-open-the-pdb-file

Why don't people look up error codes?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc704588.aspx

0xC000007B = STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_FORMAT

{Bad Image} is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

Sounds like you've got a mismatched DLL somewhere or your compiler isn't compiling properly for the server. Usually this happens when a 32-bit program tries to load a 64-bit DLL.

Hello! I have some problem with compiling mmaps for TC 4.3.4.  I use 4.3.4 branch of TC, in tools there are mmaps_generator, but afrer generating and building sources by cmake mmaps solution wont appear in project folder. Can u help me and say what's the problem. Thanks.
P.S. I apologize for my english, its not my native language.

It's leftover merge failure. In src/tools/CMakeLists.txt, change

#if (WITH_MESHEXTRACTOR)
#  add_subdirectory(mesh_extractor)
#else()
#  add_subdirectory(mmaps_generator)
#endif()

to

if (WITH_MESHEXTRACTOR)
  add_subdirectory(mesh_extractor)
else()
  add_subdirectory(mmaps_generator)
endif()

• Upvote 2

Hello,

When following the guide to compile on Linux, while running CMake, I run into the following issue:

CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:

OPENSSL_CRYPTO_LIBRARIES (ADVANCED)
    linked by target "authserver" in directory /mnt/Storage/WoW/WotLK/Source/src/server/authserver
    linked by target "worldserver" in directory /mnt/Storage/WoW/WotLK/Source/src/server/worldserver
OPENSSL_SSL_LIBRARIES (ADVANCED)
    linked by target "authserver" in directory /mnt/Storage/WoW/WotLK/Source/src/server/authserver
    linked by target "worldserver" in directory /mnt/Storage/WoW/WotLK/Source/src/server/worldserver

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

I've tried OpenSSL 1.0.1l and 1.0.0.

Here's the command I'm running:

1.0.0:
cmake ../ -DPREFIX=/mnt/Storage/WoW/WotLK -DOPENSSL_LIBRARIES=/usr/local/ssl/lib64 -DOPENSSL_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/local/ssl/include -DWITH_WARNINGS=1

1.0.1l:
cmake ../ -DPREFIX=/mnt/Storage/WoW/WotLK -DOPENSSL_LIBRARIES=/usr/local/ssl/lib -DOPENSSL_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/local/ssl/include -DWITH_WARNINGS=1

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance!

I have recompiled TC today with Visual Studio Express 2013. Everything works fine on my local PC.

But if I copy the executables to the public server I can't start because of missing msvcp120.dll library.

Normally you have to install the redistributable packages to fix this issue. I have done it from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

But it doesn't helped. A global file search shows me that msvcp120.dll is in C:windowssystem32 but not in C:WindowsSysWOW64.

I'm using Windows 7 64bit and the compilation of TC is 32bit in release mode.

Any ideas ?

It might work if the same VS 2013 Express was installed on the public server. Even then, you may still need to recompile on that computer. Also, advertising it as a public server isn't exactly a good idea on this site at all, though. The Trinity crew doesn't help anyone with public server issues.

But that's not the idea of compiling executables with MS-VS. They should be distributable in release mode to everybody. That's why there the MS redistributable packages for.

Is that a speciality of TC ?

Edit:

Ok, I found it, you need to install redistributable x86 not x64 even your Win is 64bit. I thought x64 redist installation will install both ;-)

Yes, they should be, but they aren't always. Especially when crossing from x86 to x64. Sometimes, and I ran into this personally, the x86 compile will be using calls that the x64 OS just doesn't answer the same. No, it wasn't a TC issue. There were no missing DLL files for my own app. The app simply went instantly "not responding" to Windows 7 x64. It ran perfectly on Vista x86, though.

Glad you got it fixed up, though. I had assumed that you already knew to match the redistributable version or I would have added that to my first response.

The C compiler identification is MSVC 16.0.30319.1
The CXX compiler identification is MSVC 16.0.30319.1
Check for working C compiler using: Visual Studio 10
Check for working C compiler using: Visual Studio 10 -- broken
CMake Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:61 (message):
The C compiler "C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio
10.0/VC/bin/cl.exe" is not able to compile a simple test program.

It fails with the following output:

Change Dir: C:/Users/Yordan V. Petrov/Desktop/compiled/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command:C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv4.0.30319MSBuild.exe
cmTryCompileExec539100580.vcxproj /p:Configuration=Debug
/p:VisualStudioVersion=10.0

Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 4.0.30319.17929

[Microsoft .NET Framework, version 4.0.30319.18034]

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Build started 12.2.2014 Ј. 15:42:46 з..

Project "C:UsersYordan V.
PetrovDesktopcompiledCMakeFilesCMakeTmpcmTryCompileExec539100580.vcxproj"
on node 1 (default targets).

PrepareForBuild:

Creating directory "cmTryCompileExec539100580.dirDebug".
Creating directory "C:UsersYordan V. PetrovDesktopcompiledCMakeFilesCMakeTmpDebug".

InitializeBuildStatus:

Creating "cmTryCompileExec539100580.dirDebugcmTryCompileExec539100580.unsuccessfulbuild" because "AlwaysCreate" was specified.

ClCompile:

C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0VCbinCL.exe /c /Zi /W3 /WX- /Od /Ob0 /Oy- /D WIN32 /D _WINDOWS /D _DEBUG /D "CMAKE_INTDIR="Debug"" /D _MBCS /Gm- /RTC1 /MDd /GS /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Fo"cmTryCompileExec539100580.dirDebug" /Fd"C:/Users/Yordan V. Petrov/Desktop/compiled/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/Debug/cmTryCompileExec539100580.pdb" /Gd /TC /analyze- /errorReport:queue testCCompiler.c /Zm1000 
Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 16.00.30319.01 for 80x86
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

cl /c /Zi /W3 /WX- /Od /Ob0 /Oy- /D WIN32 /D _WINDOWS /D _DEBUG /D "CMAKE_INTDIR="Debug"" /D _MBCS /Gm- /RTC1 /MDd /GS /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Fo"cmTryCompileExec539100580.dirDebug" /Fd"C:/Users/Yordan V. Petrov/Desktop/compiled/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/Debug/cmTryCompileExec539100580.pdb" /Gd /TC /analyze- /errorReport:queue testCCompiler.c /Zm1000 

testCCompiler.c

ManifestResourceCompile:

C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft SDKsWindowsv7.0Abinrc.exe /nologo /fo"cmTryCompileExec539100580.dirDebugcmTryCompileExec539100580.exe.embed.manifest.res" cmTryCompileExec539100580.dirDebugcmTryCompileExec539100580_manifest.rc 

Link:

C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0VCbinlink.exe /ERRORREPORT:QUEUE /OUT:"C:UsersYordan V. PetrovDesktopcompiledCMakeFilesCMakeTmpDebugcmTryCompileExec539100580.exe" /INCREMENTAL /NOLOGO kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib /MANIFEST /ManifestFile:"cmTryCompileExec539100580.dirDebugcmTryCompileExec539100580.exe.intermediate.manifest" /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /DEBUG /PDB:"C:/Users/Yordan V. Petrov/Desktop/compiled/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/Debug/cmTryCompileExec539100580.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE /STACK:"10000000" /TLBID:1 /DYNAMICBASE /NXCOMPAT /IMPLIB:"C:/Users/Yordan V. Petrov/Desktop/compiled/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/Debug/cmTryCompileExec539100580.lib" /MACHINE:X86 cmTryCompileExec539100580.dirDebugcmTryCompileExec539100580.exe.embed.manifest.res
cmTryCompileExec539100580.dirDebugtestCCompiler.obj /machine:X86 /debug 

LINK : fatal error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF: file invalid
or corrupt [C:UsersYordan V.
PetrovDesktopcompiledCMakeFilesCMakeTmpcmTryCompileExec539100580.vcxproj]

Done Building Project "C:UsersYordan V.
(default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:UsersYordan V.
(default target) (1) ->

(Link target) -> 

LINK : fatal error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF: file invalid or corrupt [C:UsersYordan V. PetrovDesktopcompiledCMakeFilesCMakeTmpcmTryCompileExec539100580.vcxproj]

0 Warning(s)
1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.28

CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:12 (project)

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

What can I do to fix that error ?

• Aokromes changed the title to Compile or cmake problems
  • Aokromes locked this topic
  • Carbenium unlocked this topic
  • Aokromes pinned and locked this topic
  • Aokromes featured and featured this topic
  • Aokromes pinned this topic