• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello,

I've a building error on linux :

../game/libgame.a(GridNotifiers.cpp.o): dans la fonction « Trinity::DelayedUnitRelocation::Visit(GridRefManager<Player>&) »:
GridNotifiers.cpp:(.text+0x3066): référence indéfinie vers « void Player::UpdateVisibilityOf<AreaTrigger>(AreaTrigger*, UpdateData&, std::set<Unit*, std::less<Unit*>, std::allocator<Unit*> >&) »
GridNotifiers.cpp:(.text+0x3b58): référence indéfinie vers « void Player::UpdateVisibilityOf<AreaTrigger>(AreaTrigger*, UpdateData&, std::set<Unit*, std::less<Unit*>, std::allocator<Unit*> >&) »
GridNotifiers.cpp:(.text+0x3e82): référence indéfinie vers « void Player::UpdateVisibilityOf<AreaTrigger>(AreaTrigger*, UpdateData&, std::set<Unit*, std::less<Unit*>, std::allocator<Unit*> >&) »
GridNotifiers.cpp:(.text+0x428d): référence indéfinie vers « void Player::UpdateVisibilityOf<AreaTrigger>(AreaTrigger*, UpdateData&, std::set<Unit*, std::less<Unit*>, std::allocator<Unit*> >&) »
GridNotifiers.cpp:(.text+0x4840): référence indéfinie vers « void Player::UpdateVisibilityOf<AreaTrigger>(AreaTrigger*, UpdateData&, std::set<Unit*, std::less<Unit*>, std::allocator<Unit*> >&) »
../game/libgame.a(GridNotifiers.cpp.o):GridNotifiers.cpp:(.text+0x4c66): encore plus de références indéfinies suivent vers « void Player::UpdateVisibilityOf<AreaTrigger>(AreaTrigger*, UpdateData&, std::set<Unit*, std::less<Unit*>, std::allocator<Unit*> >&) »
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [src/server/worldserver/worldserver] Erreur 1
make[1]: *** [src/server/worldserver/CMakeFiles/worldserver.dir/all] Erreur 2
make: *** [all] Erreur 2

I've haven't make modification in the core. Is for the 4.3.4 branch.

Cordially.

First off, you should know that "latest revision" isn't a phrase that will earn you any respect here from what I have noticed from reading around. Post your exact revision. Secondly, if TC is saying you have 0.9.8 installed, you probably do, and need to uninstall that and reinstall version 1.0.0 or later. Thirdly, without knowing what operating system you use, it's next to impossible to give you advice on how to do that. Are you running Windows, Linux, OS X? Be specific and you'll be more likely to get useful help.

Also, checking and following the guides on the wiki make the process nearly fool-proof.

Windows: http://collab.kpsn.org/display/tc/How-to_Win

Linux: http://collab.kpsn.org/display/tc/How-to_Linux

OS X: http://collab.kpsn.org/display/tc/How-to_Mac

Edited by ConnenNeute

Hi

I'm having issues with Compiling the server files, I've finished the CMake stage but when I try compile the server in Visual studio I keep getting different errors related to SSL, I've tried googling it but with no success

I've added a screenshot of some of the errors.

Errors.png

Any help is appreciated

CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
 Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
 LIB_EAY_DEBUG (ADVANCED)
     linked by target "libmysql" in directory D:/MSASource/dep/mysqllite
     linked by target "authserver" in directory D:/MSASource/src/server/authserver
     linked by target "worldserver" in directory D:/MSASource/src/server/worldserver
 LIB_EAY_RELEASE (ADVANCED)
     linked by target "libmysql" in directory D:/MSASource/dep/mysqllite
     linked by target "authserver" in directory D:/MSASource/src/server/authserver
     linked by target "worldserver" in directory D:/MSASource/src/server/worldserver

hello to everyone and thank you in advance.

I have never had any troubles compiling a trinitycore server until today.

what has changed is the os, which now is win 7 64bit, but today I also tried to check if it was working on xp 32bit with no luck at all!

the message I get is this one

--

Build started 18/12/2013 00:39:19.
Project "D:buildCMakeFiles2.8.12.1CompilerIdCCompilerIdC.vcxproj" on node 1 (default targets).
PrepareForBuild:
  Creating directory "Debug".
InitializeBuildStatus:
  Creating "DebugCompilerIdC.unsuccessfulbuild" because "AlwaysCreate" was specified.
ClCompile:
  C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0VCbinCL.exe /c /nologo /W0 /WX- /Od /Oy- /D _MBCS /Gm- /EHsc /RTC1 /MDd /GS /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Fo"Debug" /Fd"Debugvc100.pdb" /Gd /TC /analyze- /errorReport:queue CMakeCCompilerId.c
  CMakeCCompilerId.c
CMakeCCompilerId.c : fatal error C1074: 'IDB' is illegal extension for PDB file: [D:buildCMakeFiles2.8.12.1CompilerIdCCompilerIdC.vcxproj]
Done Building Project "D:buildCMakeFiles2.8.12.1CompilerIdCCompilerIdC.vcxproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"D:buildCMakeFiles2.8.12.1CompilerIdCCompilerIdC.vcxproj" (default target) (1) ->
(ClCompile target) -> 

CMakeCCompilerId.c : fatal error C1074: 'IDB' is illegal extension for PDB file: [D:buildCMakeFiles2.8.12.1CompilerIdCCompilerIdC.vcxproj]
--
I already tried switching to compatibility mode, but nothing happened.
the generator is visual studio 2010, and all the programs have been installed for 32bit system.
this message comes from running CMake in compatibily mode for XP sp3. all the other modes result in many more errors!

is there anyone out there who can lead me back to the right path?
thank you!

EDIT:
actually it is my first post here, but it's long time I check your forum and for some unknown reasons my previous ID has been deleted...
Edited by mrblue

First, is there a reason that you are compiling for 32-bit rather than 64-bit? Second, are you compiling on one system to run on another? Third, is that the full VS2010 or Express Edition? Lastly, can you try a slightly older version of CMake (like 2.8.11.2)?

- 32bit - no special reason, just never had any troubles with it, so I wanted to avoid a new 64bit road.

- compiling and plan to run on the same system.

- VS2010 express - webdownload

- I didn't try the older CMake yet... later I'll check this

thank you!

tried with older version of CMake... no luck at all!

downloading now VS2012 hoping for a better ending.

"tricky", that's why I don't want to use the 64bit version!

what upset me, is that it's a clean win7-64, and I also tried with a clean xp-pro 32 system, with exactly same results!

tried with VS2010, now with VS2012, new CMake and old CMake.

as administrator and not, compatibility mode and not, win7 64bit and win xp 32bit, both clean install...

all the same... errors and errors and errors, everytime different ones though!

now I'm trying to uninstall everything and install back again all the stuff...

EDIT:

after uninstall VS 2010 and left only VS2012 with CMake 2.8.12.1 this is the NEW error

---

CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to "Visual Studio 12". CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set. You probably need to select a different build tool.

CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file: D:/TRINITYCORE/build/CMakeFiles/2.8.12.1/CMakeCCompiler.cmake

CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file: D:/TRINITYCORE/build/CMakeFiles/2.8.12.1/CMakeCXXCompiler.cmake

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

---

Edited by mrblue

Are you loading 32-bit or 64-bit versions of the Visual Studio compilers? I know you were compiling the core for 32-bit, but you can use the 64-bit compilers without issue. It's the creation of 64-applications from the Express Editions that requires extra steps (supposedly). I'm just wondering if CMake is seeing a 64-bit OS and expecting only 64-bit compilers when you have the 32-bit version installed. This is just a guess, of course.

Hi ,

To the OP your first error was because you had two directories and cmake complains about this , If you are new to this please just use C: as the main directory for the install of components and compile  .

The new error is because you have not fully uninstalled VS and have left some cashe folders and VS gives errors when upgrading to VS2012 or using cmake.

I would scratch it and start again and use only C:

Also 32 bit compile is fine in a x64 bit os providing you have the run times installed i.e vcredist x86

first I tried on win7 64bit after deleting all programs and reinstalling them, and doing as suggested, just from C:, but still some errors happened.

I then tried again on win xp pro 32bit, delete all programs and reinstalled all and this time it worked right.

now I'm switching back to win7, to check if I did miss something!

next time I'll post my final results.

• Aokromes changed the title to Compile or cmake problems
  • Aokromes locked this topic
  • Carbenium unlocked this topic
  • Aokromes pinned and locked this topic
  • Aokromes featured and featured this topic
  • Aokromes pinned this topic