TrinityCore

Dbc, Maps, mmaps, Vmaps problems

Munga

I have a file not found error when using the mapextractor.   http://pastebin.com/sx13pBqV

The Machine it is on is as follows:

AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core 4200 2.20 ghz

4 gigs ram

I compiled the core with VS 2013 no errors.

I deleted/downloaded the WOW client twice on this machine and used the battlenet file checker also, no missing or corrupt files

I have also have another machine that has better spec than this.. complied the core with VS 2013. 

Also deleted/downloaded the WOW client twice and used the battlenet file checker also, no missing or corrupt files

And I get the same missing files error

So my question is this, are those file not found files important and will this effect my Trinity Server? 

And before someone gives me the extractor issues link (yes this one: https://community.trinitycore.org/topic/1518-trouble-with-your-trinity-install-readme-1st-faqs/#comment-47677)

I read it and followed it..  

Any help would be appreciated..

Thank you,

Todd

Edited by Todd
Both machine have windows 10 Pro for OS

Yes I did..  I actually have a active wow account and have logged in to wow..    I did one thing odd..  I copied my whole wow folder from where it is installed on c: drive to another drive for use with the Trinity server..  Perhaps, something happened there..   I am going to try to extract from the original wow install folder on c: and see if that helps.   I am not sure if it will make a difference or not (I am thinking it should not, but you never know). So if things go right I should not see that error correct? And that has to be resolved before I can continue..  And other suggestions?   

So at this point I have download a the wow client from battlenet, logged into the client, and checked for both updates and scan and repaired my wow client no errors found.  I used the mapextractor in the original wow client directory..  I did -reread this these two items https://trinitycore.atlassian.net/wiki/display/tc/Windows+Server+Setup and   https://community.trinitycore.org/topic/1518-trouble-with-your-trinity-install-readme-1st-faqs/#comment-47677 to make sure I did not miss anything.  I still have the missing files error  http://pastebin.com/sx13pBqV     The extractor is opening the casc storage I can see that as the mapextractor is working, it is just missing those files.  Anyone have any thoughts? Anyone extracted the files in the last few days that it worked?  Anyone have any suggestions?  

Edited by Todd
I would to say sorry for bothering peeps.. I found the post saying to ignore those missing files

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am having issues with mapextractor on GNU/Linux (Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS; Kernel 4.2.0-35-generic; x86_64).  When I run mapextreactor in my WoW client directory I get the following output:

Map & DBC Extractor
===================

No locales detected

I believe that I am on the 3.3.5 branch.  Server and tools appear to have been built successfully.  I have tried various client installs from Mac to Windows to WINE; all with the same results.  I have tried various locations using the -i switch, symlinks to executable, etc.  Source code was pulled a week ago and compiled.  I am just a lowly network engineer trying to get a server running for a friend.

I have searched this forum as well as the Internets.  Most answers apply to Windows and I have tried all that I could.  I have inspected the Config.wtf file and I see locales are set to "enUS".  Unfortunately I have not had a chance to inspect the source code.  Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Joe

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2016‎ ‎9‎:‎07‎:‎06‎, JChryst said:

I am having issues with mapextractor on GNU/Linux (Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS; Kernel 4.2.0-35-generic; x86_64).  When I run mapextreactor in my WoW client directory I get the following output:

Map & DBC Extractor
===================

No locales detected

I believe that I am on the 3.3.5 branch.  Server and tools appear to have been built successfully.  I have tried various client installs from Mac to Windows to WINE; all with the same results.  I have tried various locations using the -i switch, symlinks to executable, etc.  Source code was pulled a week ago and compiled.  I am just a lowly network engineer trying to get a server running for a friend.

I have searched this forum as well as the Internets.  Most answers apply to Windows and I have tried all that I could.  I have inspected the Config.wtf file and I see locales are set to "enUS".  Unfortunately I have not had a chance to inspect the source code.  Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Joe

I am having the same issue now.

Compiled 3.3.5 this morning with tools

ver.png.c4ded2133bcbe894054af5a50d09859c

I have tried 3.3.5 and  3.3.5-Graphana - Not sure of the difference here

Include Tools for the mapextractor.exe (no version in windows >properties>details, but it is 205kb)

Build Result:

========== Build: 22 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Start up wow client. 6.2.4.21463

Get all the way logged in to set enUS.

Exit.

run mapextractor.exe from root:

G:\Games\World of Warcraft>mapextractor.exe
Map & DBC Extractor
===================

No locales detected

Added Set Locale "enUS" to Config.wtf

No difference.

Not sure what I am doing wrong or if these tools do not work anymore on 3.3.5.

I guess I am going to try the 6x next.  Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.  Scanned through the forms for some time now and see some hits on this but no workarounds did the trick.

Edited by toekutter1134
additional info

Hi all,

As is fairly typical on linux, there's an issue that makes no logical sense and I don't know what to do to appease it.

Trying to run worldserver and it throws this error:

Map file '../data/maps/0004331.map' does not exist!

Please place MAP-files (*.map) in the appropriate directory (../data/maps/), or correct the DataDir setting in your worldserver.conf file.

Unable to load critical files - server shutting down !!!

Which is all fine and dandy except... whoopsie.

i0HCAYq.png

The file exists and is in the exact correct place.

What do I do?

Edited by Baron Von Clop

I've seen this error when running worldserver through an IDE and not setting the working directory. I would imagine you might see it as well if you were to try running the executable from anywhere but the bin folder. For example if you try to run it from /home/wowrp using the command ./server/bin/worldserver. If you are in fact running it from the correct location you can just set the full path (/home/wowrp/server/data instead of ../data) in your config file to get around it.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Hello,
can someone give extractor?
21742 6.2.4 (Windows) (dbc, maps, vmaps, mmaps)

I have a problem with compiling under windows :-(
I really would appreciate it if someone extractor is shared.

Thank you for sharing and helping.

PS: For information:
Unable to complete the configuration cmake - Any good advice?

Reinstalling:
VS 2015
MySQL
CMAKE

https://gist.github.com/nosmall/234951ae3462b4e53fbf47aec43c716b#file-cmakeerror-log

2016-06-14.jpg

Edited by NOsmall

2 hours ago, kuhanzhu said:

I'v been met this too.vs_community 2015,cmake can not find the cxx compiler

I changed to vs 2013 update 5. It's OK.

WORKS thank you very much :-)

1 hour ago, kuhanzhu said:

The installer for VS 2015 (any edition) no longer installs the C++ compiler by default.

To enable it, select Custom in the type of installation and pick Common Tools for Visual C++ 2015 in Programming Languages -> Visual C++

I check later :-) Also thank you

Map file './maps/0004331.map' is from an incompatible map version (MAPS v1.3), MAPS v1.8 is expected. Please recreate using the mapextractor.

I get this all the time, I just can't use mapextractor on the latest version of WOW, so what should I do?Capture5.PNG]

Capture6.PNG

It's 5am and I'm tired of this, I need some serious help. >_<

9 hours ago, tkrokli said:

Like Aokromes said, you really need to compile the current source with TOOLS and extract dbc+maps and vmaps (preferably mmaps too, for better NPC movement accuracy) from your up-to-date game client.

9 hours ago, Aokromes said:

pull the source again, compile with tools, and run those tools again.

I copy and pasted the 4 tools into the up-to-date game client and ran mapextractor.exe, but it didn't work it stated that it couldn't find locals. How do you extract 3.3.5 content from WOD??? O.o 

I have been having issues extracting VMAPS with the 3.3.5a branch, I have tried updating, and rebuilding the source several times, as well as searching the forums and FAQs.  As yet I have not been able to track down a solution for this problem. Below is the output of the command string:

$ sudo /home/wow/server/bin/vmap4extractor
Extract V4.00 2012_02. Beginning work ....

Game path: Data/
Found locale 'enUS'

Adding data files from locale directories.
Scanning patch levels from data directory.
Scanning patch levels from locale directories.
Locale: enUS

Opening Data/enUS/locale-enUS.MPQ
Opening Data/enUS/expansion-locale-enUS.MPQ
Opening Data/enUS/lichking-locale-enUS.MPQ
Opening Data/common.MPQ
Opening Data/common-2.MPQ
Opening Data/expansion.MPQ
Opening Data/lichking.MPQ
Read LiquidType.dbc file...Done! (20 LiqTypes loaded)
*** Error in `/home/wow/server/bin/vmap4extractor': double free or corruption (out): 0x0000000001cbc700 ***

Any help would be greatly appreciated.