TrinityCore
Apple

"unknown column" "missing table" "duplicate column" error / sql problems / SQLDriverLogFile < answer on 1st post of 1st page

I had a similar one recently. I had previously added something like Monsterheight = 50000 into the worldserver.conf file due to info message in the start log. Removing it fixed it.

So try updating your worldserver.conf file to the latest

6 hours ago, skipperheartbeat said:

I had a similar one recently. I had previously added something like Monsterheight = 50000 into the worldserver.conf file due to info message in the start log. Removing it fixed it.

So try updating your worldserver.conf file to the latest

worldserver.conf file flags or settings wouldn't have anything to do with a broken database.

• Upvote 1

I HATE HATE HATE asking for help. But I'm at a loss. I've wiped the world database numerous times. Tried over and over again to run the auto updates by the book according to TrinityCore standards. But I'm at a loss here. Googling/DuckDuckGo'ing yields nothing.

**EDIT: Forgot system info**

Core-i7 4790

ESXi Hypervisor 6.5

VM: Ubuntu 16.04.3

Kernel: 4.4.0-112-generic #135-Ubuntu (I know LTS, I'll address that later)

gcc:  version 6.3.0 20170519 (Ubuntu/Linaro 6.3.0-18ubuntu2~16.04)

[email protected]:~/server$ ./worldserver
TrinityCore rev. 4130647bf6bb+ 2018-01-27 16:20:41 +0100 (3.3.5 branch) (Unix, RelWithDebInfo, Static) (worldserver-daemon)
<Ctrl-C> to stop.

______                       __
/\__  _\       __          __/\ \__
\/_/\ \/ _ __ /\_\    ___ /\_\ \, _\  __  __
   \ \ \/\`'__\/\ \ /' _ `\/\ \ \ \/ /\ \/\ \
    \ \ \ \ \/ \ \ \/\ \/\ \ \ \ \ \_\ \ \_\ \
     \ \_\ \_\  \ \_\ \_\ \_\ \_\ \__\\/`____ \
      \/_/\/_/   \/_/\/_/\/_/\/_/\/__/ `/___/> \
                                 C O R E  /\___/
http://TrinityCore.org \/__/

Using configuration file /usr/local/etc/worldserver.conf.
Using SSL version: OpenSSL 1.0.2g  1 Mar 2016 (library: OpenSSL 1.0.2g  1 Mar 2016)
Using Boost version: 1.63.0
Updating Auth database...
>> The file '2016_10_17_00_auth.sql' was applied to the database, but is missing in your update directory now!
>> The file '2016_11_04_00_auth.sql' was applied to the database, but is missing in your update directory now!
>> The file '2016_11_09_00_auth.sql' was applied to the database, but is missing in your update directory now!
>> The file '2016_10_25_00_auth.sql' was applied to the database, but is missing in your update directory now!
>> The file '2016_11_17_00_auth.sql' was applied to the database, but is missing in your update directory now!
>> The file '2016_10_28_00_auth.sql' was applied to the database, but is missing in your update directory now!
>> The file '2016_12_04_00_auth.sql' was applied to the database, but is missing in your update directory now!
Cleanup is disabled! There were  7 dirty files applied to your database, but they are now missing in your source directory!
>> Auth database is up-to-date! Containing 14 new and 26 archived updates.
Updating Character database...
>> The file '2016_10_17_00_auth.sql' was applied to the database, but is missing in your update directory now!
>> The file '2016_11_04_00_auth.sql' was applied to the database, but is missing in your update directory now!
>> The file '2016_11_09_00_auth.sql' was applied to the database, but is missing in your update directory now!
>> The file '2016_10_25_00_auth.sql' was applied to the database, but is missing in your update directory now!
>> The file '2016_11_17_00_auth.sql' was applied to the database, but is missing in your update directory now!
>> The file '2016_10_28_00_auth.sql' was applied to the database, but is missing in your update directory now!
>> The file '2016_12_04_00_auth.sql' was applied to the database, but is missing in your update directory now!
Cleanup is disabled! There were  7 dirty files applied to your database, but they are now missing in your source directory!
>> Character database is up-to-date! Containing 14 new and 26 archived updates.
Updating World database...
>> World database is up-to-date! Containing 801 new and 2303 archived updates.
In mysql_stmt_prepare() id: 31, sql: "SELECT casterGuid, spell, effectMask, recalculateMask, stackCount, amount0, amount1, amount2, base_amount0, base_amount1, base_amount2, maxDuration, remainTime, remainCharges, critChance, applyResilience FROM character_aura WHERE guid = ?"
Unknown column 'critChance' in 'field list'
In mysql_stmt_prepare() id: 166, sql: "INSERT INTO character_aura (guid, casterGuid, spell, effectMask, recalculateMask, stackCount, amount0, amount1, amount2, base_amount0, base_amount1, base_amount2, maxDuration, remainTime, remainCharges, critChance, applyResilience) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)"
In mysql_stmt_prepare() id: 425, sql: "INSERT INTO pet_aura (guid, casterGuid, spell, effectMask, recalculateMask, stackCount, amount0, amount1, amount2, base_amount0, base_amount1, base_amount2, maxDuration, remainTime, remainCharges, critChance, applyResilience) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)"
Could not prepare statements of the Character database, see log for details.
[email protected]:~/server$

Edited by Darknation242
Missed some information

3 hours ago, Darknation242 said:

I HATE HATE HATE asking for help. But I'm at a loss. I've wiped the world database numerous times. Tried over and over again to run the auto updates by the book according to TrinityCore standards. But I'm at a loss here. Googling/DuckDuckGo'ing yields nothing.

**EDIT: Forgot system info**

Core-i7 4790

ESXi Hypervisor 6.5

VM: Ubuntu 16.04.3

Kernel: 4.4.0-112-generic #135-Ubuntu (I know LTS, I'll address that later)

gcc:  version 6.3.0 20170519 (Ubuntu/Linaro 6.3.0-18ubuntu2~16.04)

[email protected]:~/server$ ./worldserver
TrinityCore rev. 4130647bf6bb+ 2018-01-27 16:20:41 +0100 (3.3.5 branch) (Unix, RelWithDebInfo, Static) (worldserver-daemon)
<Ctrl-C> to stop.

C O R E  /\___/

Using SSL version: OpenSSL 1.0.2g  1 Mar 2016 (library: OpenSSL 1.0.2g  1 Mar 2016)
>> World database is up-to-date! Containing 801 new and 2303 archived updates.
In mysql_stmt_prepare() id: 31, sql: "SELECT casterGuid, spell, effectMask, recalculateMask, stackCount, amount0, amount1, amount2, base_amount0, base_amount1, base_amount2, maxDuration, remainTime, remainCharges, critChance, applyResilience FROM character_aura WHERE guid = ?"
In mysql_stmt_prepare() id: 166, sql: "INSERT INTO character_aura (guid, casterGuid, spell, effectMask, recalculateMask, stackCount, amount0, amount1, amount2, base_amount0, base_amount1, base_amount2, maxDuration, remainTime, remainCharges, critChance, applyResilience) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)"
In mysql_stmt_prepare() id: 425, sql: "INSERT INTO pet_aura (guid, casterGuid, spell, effectMask, recalculateMask, stackCount, amount0, amount1, amount2, base_amount0, base_amount1, base_amount2, maxDuration, remainTime, remainCharges, critChance, applyResilience) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)"

Delete the whole repository and clone it again AND don't delete any files on it.

2 hours ago, Darknation242 said:

Just gave it a try, no luck boss. Wiped the repository clean and did a re checkout of just the 3.3.5 repository. It's not playing nice with others. :)

paste again your startup log.

idk what are you doing, but you don't have proper files on repository.

DBUpdater: Given update include directory "/home/sysadmin/git/3.3.5/sql/updates/auth" does not exist, skipped!
DBUpdater: Given update include directory "/home/sysadmin/git/3.3.5/sql/custom/auth" does not exist, skipped!
DBUpdater: Given update include directory "/home/sysadmin/git/3.3.5/sql/old/3.3.5a/auth" does not exist, skipped!

DBUpdater: Given update include directory "/home/sysadmin/git/3.3.5/sql/updates/world" does not exist, skipped!
DBUpdater: Given update include directory "/home/sysadmin/git/3.3.5/sql/custom/world" does not exist, skipped!
DBUpdater: Given update include directory "/home/sysadmin/git/3.3.5/sql/old/3.3.5a/world" does not exist, skipped!

If it's 1st time install drop all your auth, world and characters database, clone repository again, and re-run compile work following wiki.

Must be from when I deleted the repo. How embarrassing. This is the output now that I unfucked my mess.

Oh and it's not my first time install. I've been running TrinityCore for about 3 years now, this is just the first time I've gotten stuck and needed assistance.

C O R E  /\___/

>> Applying update "2018_01_29_00_world.sql" 'E9E0AE0'...
mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.

>> Applying update "2018_01_29_01_world_335.sql" 'E0C6362'...
mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.

>> Applied 2 queries. Containing 801 new and 2303 archived updates.

Edited by Darknation242

7 hours ago, Darknation242 said:

Tried re compiling, same output as before.  This is an exsisting installation of TC3. It only started doing this recently.

Where are you running the binaries? Did you create a bin directory and place your mmaps, vmaps, etc... in said directory?

I'm just trying to see if you ran everything correctly but just running the binaries in the wrong directory. It can't find your updates directory.  "/home/sysadmin/git/3.3.5/sql/updates/world".

Bottom of doc: https://trinitycore.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/tc/pages/10977309/Linux+Core+Installation

-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/path/to/where/you/want/core/to/be/installed

It will create the following structure:

<path>/bin/ - binaries will be placed here 
<path>/etc/ - config files will be placed here

• Upvote 1

Awesome, thanks for all the help Aokromes and CDawg.

The binaries are located under /home/server the same place I've been running them from for the past two years. As for the configs they are located in the default location /usr/local/etc which as far as I know has been the default config directory for quite some time. Nothing has been moved or relocated. It's the same folder for the binaries and configs I've been using with success for years.

There is one thing I neglected to mention, and I'm sure this will cause follow-up questions but because I'm running all this under an ESXi Hypervisor environment the database is actually located on a seperate install of Ubuntu 16.04.3. All systems are up to date within reason to accomadate TrinityCore.

Hi ... my two cents ... have you tried fishing through the named sql files that have issues and butchering them to work with your (possibly modified) core? I seem to remember some problems along these lines during my last build. GL.

I just flushed all the databases and let TrinityCore import everything. Same results.

>> Applying update "2018_01_29_01_world_335.sql" 'E0C6362'...

>> Applying update "2018_01_30_00_world.sql" '18F1231'...

>> Applying update "2018_01_30_01_world_335.sql" 'FE57CBD'...

>> Applied 804 queries. Containing 1 new and 2303 archived updates.

Got it. It caused a 6 month roll back on the characters database but it's fixed. I had to manually run the updates.Before anyone asks of course I was backing up the databases, but the most recent ones were corrupted by this issue and I just happened to have an older local copy I could work with.

• Like 2

On 2/3/2018 at 8:49 AM, Darknation242 said:

Got it. It caused a 6 month roll back on the characters database but it's fixed. I had to manually run the updates.Before anyone asks of course I was backing up the databases, but the most recent ones were corrupted by this issue and I just happened to have an older local copy I could work with.

Ah... It was corrupted.. Iv'e had that before. Fortunately for me, it was only about 5 weeks in a character table, but it took me a whole month to find the issue. I also know how you feel.. sometimes having backups of a DB that is already corrupt just makes things worse :(

Curious.. do you know where it was corrupted? Like a bad row in a table, or just garbage all over the place?

So, the table I'm having trouble with is the characters table. When I run the create script it claims the table already exists. Do I need to backup the data, drop the table, let the create script run then import the data back? I feel like I'm likely missing an update that ran between now and the last time I updated.

For the record this is my log.

"Updating Auth database...
>> Auth database is up-to-date! Containing 8 new and 19 archived updates.
>> Character database is up-to-date! Containing 1 new and 22 archived updates.
>> World database is up-to-date! Containing 155 new and 2303 archived updates.
In mysql_stmt_prepare() id: 82, sql: "INSERT IGNORE INTO auctionbidders (id, bidderguid) VALUES (?, ?)"
Table 'characters.auctionbidders' doesn't exist
In mysql_stmt_prepare() id: 83, sql: "DELETE FROM auctionbidders WHERE id = ?"
Table 'characters.auctionbidders' doesn't exist
Could not prepare statements of the Character database, see log for details."

Edited by Wronglebowski

Hello I have done a clear install core and db yesterday. I added the base auth/characters db, TDB_full_735.00_2018_02_19 (world and hotfixes). Auth and characters got autoupdated when i ran the worldserver.exe but I'm getting this error with hotfixes db (log):

In mysql_stmt_prepare() id: 46, sql: "SELECT ID, Flags, ClientPrefix, ClientFileString, Name, NameFemale, NameMale, FacialHairCustomization1, FacialHairCustomization2, HairCustomization, CreateScreenFileDataID, SelectScreenFileDataID, MaleCustomizeOffset1, MaleCustomizeOffset2, MaleCustomizeOffset3, FemaleCustomizeOffset1, FemaleCustomizeOffset2, FemaleCustomizeOffset3, LowResScreenFileDataID, FactionID, MaleDisplayID, FemaleDisplayID, ResSicknessSpellID, SplashSoundID, CinematicSequenceID, BaseLanguage, CreatureType, TeamID, RaceRelated, UnalteredVisualRaceID, CharComponentTextureLayoutID, DefaultClassID, NeutralRaceID, ItemAppearanceFrameRaceID, CharComponentTexLayoutHiResID, HighResMaleDisplayID, HighResFemaleDisplayID, Unk1, Unk2, Unk3 FROM chr_races ORDER BY ID DESC"
Unknown column 'NameMale' in 'field list'
In mysql_stmt_prepare() id: 47, sql: "SELECT ID, Name_lang, NameFemale_lang, NameMale_lang FROM chr_races_locale WHERE locale = ?"
Unknown column 'NameMale_lang' in 'field list'
In mysql_stmt_prepare() id: 158, sql: "SELECT ID, Key1, Key2, Key3, Key4, Key5, Key6, Key7, Key8, Key9, Key10, Key11, Key12, Key13, Key14, Key15, Key16, Key17, Key18, Key19, Key20, Key21, Key22, Key23, Key24, Key25, Key26, Key27, Key28, Key29, Key30, Key31, Key32 FROM key_chain ORDER BY ID DESC"
Table 'hotfixes.key_chain' doesn't exist
In mysql_stmt_prepare() id: 210, sql: "SELECT ID, Name, Script, PrevScriptId, NextScriptId FROM scene_script ORDER BY ID DESC"
Unknown column 'Name' in 'field list'
In mysql_stmt_prepare() id: 214, sql: "SELECT ID, SpellID, RaceMask, SupercedesSpell, SkillLine, MinSkillLineRank, TrivialSkillLineRankHigh, TrivialSkillLineRankLow, UniqueBit, TradeSkillCategoryID, AcquireMethod, NumSkillUps, Unknown703, ClassMask FROM skill_line_ability ORDER BY ID DESC"
Unknown column 'Unknown703' in 'field list'
In mysql_stmt_prepare() id: 216, sql: "SELECT Name, VolumeFloat, MinDistance, DistanceCutoff, VolumeVariationPlus, VolumeVariationMinus, PitchVariationPlus, PitchVariationMinus, PitchAdjust, Flags, SoundEntriesAdvancedID, BusOverwriteID, SoundType, EAXDef, DialogType, Unk700, ID FROM sound_kit ORDER BY ID DESC"
Unknown column 'Name' in 'field list'
In mysql_stmt_prepare() id: 217, sql: "SELECT ID, Name_lang FROM sound_kit_locale WHERE locale = ?"
Table 'hotfixes.sound_kit_locale' doesn't exist
In mysql_stmt_prepare() id: 220, sql: "SELECT Name, NameSubtext, Description, AuraDescription, MiscID, ID, DescriptionVariablesID FROM spell ORDER BY ID DESC"
Unknown column 'MiscID' in 'field list'
In mysql_stmt_prepare() id: 233, sql: "SELECT ID, Coefficient, Variance, ResourceCoefficient, SpellEffectID FROM spell_effect_scaling ORDER BY ID DESC"
Table 'hotfixes.spell_effect_scaling' doesn't exist
In mysql_stmt_prepare() id: 281, sql: "SELECT ID, Flags, TurnSpeed, PitchSpeed, PitchMin, PitchMax, MouseLookOffsetPitch, CameraFadeDistScalarMin, CameraFadeDistScalarMax, CameraPitchOffset, FacingLimitRight, FacingLimitLeft, MsslTrgtTurnLingering, MsslTrgtPitchLingering, MsslTrgtMouseLingering, MsslTrgtEndOpacity, MsslTrgtArcSpeed, MsslTrgtArcRepeat, MsslTrgtArcWidth, MsslTrgtImpactRadius1, MsslTrgtImpactRadius2, MsslTrgtArcTexture, MsslTrgtImpactTexture, MsslTrgtImpactModel1, MsslTrgtImpactModel2, CameraYawOffset, MsslTrgtImpactTexRadius, SeatID1, SeatID2, SeatID3, SeatID4, SeatID5, SeatID6, SeatID7, SeatID8, VehicleUIIndicatorID, PowerDisplayID1, PowerDisplayID2, PowerDisplayID3, FlagsB, UILocomotionType FROM vehicle ORDER BY ID DESC"
Unknown column 'MsslTrgtTurnLingering' in 'field list'

Dunno if I have missed any update or I did something wrong but I guess that its a issue with the last patch in folder old\7\hotfixes\01_2018_02_19 ,where patch  2018_02_18_00_hotfixes.sql drop "namemale" field and others need and maybe it happens with db world too with the same patch in world.

Any idea? Thanks you.

PS: If the issue is that patch, the TDB_full_735.00_2018_02_19 include that patch too so It would need to revert it too there.

1 hour ago, Daniel25 said:

Hello I have done a clear install core and db yesterday. I added the base auth/characters db, TDB_full_735.00_2018_02_19 (world and hotfixes). Auth and characters got autoupdated when i ran the worldserver.exe but I'm getting this error with hotfixes db (log):

Dunno if I have missed any update or I did something wrong but I guess that its a issue with the last patch in folder old\7\hotfixes\01_2018_02_19 ,where patch  2018_02_18_00_hotfixes.sql drop "namemale" field and others need and maybe it happens with db world too with the same patch in world.

Any idea? Thanks you.

PS: If the issue is that patch, the TDB_full_735.00_2018_02_19 include that patch too so It would need to revert it too there.

Don't manually import sql files, leave core to do the job.

3 hours ago, Wronglebowski said:

So, the table I'm having trouble with is the characters table. When I run the create script it claims the table already exists. Do I need to backup the data, drop the table, let the create script run then import the data back? I feel like I'm likely missing an update that ran between now and the last time I updated.

Could not prepare statements of the Character database, see log for details."

4 hours ago, Aokromes said:

That's exactly what I did :(

When I "Update" my Trinity core I download the precompiled branch, extract it, deposit in the Trinity Core folder I have. I overwrite all existing files so the new files take precidence. Then I launch core. 

On 25/2/2018 at 12:02 PM, Aokromes said:

First time i only added manually base auth/characters and tdb_full hotfixes and world (I have done this several times before, I follow your job since long time ago and I have installed the most of your server versions and everything was ok always this way). Nevermind...

I followed your instructions (dropped every db) and I allowed worldserver.exe to create dbs and update it...same log error... and I didnt import manually any sql file this time....